• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What are your favorite jeans?

StandUpChuck

Tart with a Heart
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I've been on a quest for the perfect fit. I'm going to try Seven because I've heard good things about them, but for now I've found that for bumming around jeans, Lucky Brand is very good. When I need to count on fit, I still go for Levi's.

What do you like?

Whatever I find first in the closet on any particular morning.

Aren't lucky brand like $100 a pair?

Retail. But they have awesome half price sales twice a year. I figure $50 is minor compared to something I will wear once a week, and the fit is really nice for an affordable jean.

Retail. But they have awesome half price sales twice a year. I figure $50 is minor compared to something I will wear once a week, and the fit is really nice for an affordable jean.

I overheard a couple of my employees talking about them being available at costco, apparently its not the same quality?

I overheard a couple of my employees talking about them being available at costco, apparently its not the same quality?

I believe those are blue label Lucky's, and you're right. They're an inferior quality. I don't know why the designers do that, because I think it sort of sullies the brand.

I have a hard time finding jeans. I have a rather full behind, but my hips are small. So I normally need to go up a size to fit the butt but have them taken in to fit the hips. It's a pain in the ass.

Right now, my favorite jeans are these ones I got from Ann Taylor.

For me, I am willing to pay more for a jean that looks good on me.

columbia
timberlake is a close second

I've been on a quest for the perfect fit. I'm going to try Seven because I've heard good things about them, but for now I've found that for bumming around jeans, Lucky Brand is very good. When I need to count on fit, I still go for Levi's.

What do you like?

since i moved to FL i don't really wear jeans. but levi's used to be it for me.

I have a hard time finding jeans. I have a rather full behind, but my hips are small. So I normally need to go up a size to fit the butt but have them taken in to fit the hips. It's a pain in the ass.

Right now, my favorite jeans are these ones I got from Ann Taylor.

For me, I am willing to pay more for a jean that looks good on me.

I think it's definitely worth it to pay more, especially since jeans tend to be the go to pants on weekends. I find Lands End jeans tend to be a little generous in the hips. Some styles are mom jeans, but I love their Audrey and Matchstick jeans.

BTW Rev, have you tried Buffalo jeans? I think they can be really hot on men.

$10 dollar Wranglers from wal-mart. I spend money on shirts, shoes, and jackets. Finding a decent cut of jeans is easy.

What do you like?

Not all jeans are made the same, not even the same brand and style.
I have to shop a bit for a perfect fit. (Rhymes hehe)

Sometimes it takes a few washes before I find my perfect pair.

I don't care for jeans too much because I can't find any that are comfortable. I'm short so I need petites, but I'm hippy, so I need a *womans'*. I also seem to have a low rise, which means that just about every pair of jeans cuts me under my ribs when I sit down. But if I get low riders, I spend the entire day pulling them up.

I wear them, but they mostly annoy the **** out of me. I won't buy any over $20. I don't buy any clothes over $20, actually. Well, very rarely, anyway. I do have a pair right now that I love, but they're not really jeans. They're "slacks". ;) And they're Lees. And, they're a size too big (more like 2 now), which is about the only way I can feel comfortable in them.

Not all jeans are made the same, not even the same brand and style.
I have to shop a bit for a perfect fit. (Rhymes hehe)

Sometimes it takes a few washes before I find my perfect pair.

True that. Actually Walmart has a cheaper Levi jean called signature, and that's got a pretty good fit for inexpensive jeans. But some of that line fit like crap.

Rivrrat, you probably need a jean that sits just below the waist rather than true low riders. You may get a better fit that way. However, you've got great abs and should show them off.

True that. Actually Walmart has a cheaper Levi jean called signature, and that's got a pretty good fit for inexpensive jeans. But some of that line fit like crap.

Rivrrat, you probably need a jean that sits just below the waist rather than true low riders. You may get a better fit that way. However, you've got great abs and should show them off.
My upper abs look good, my lower abs - not so much. Gotta lose some weight to fix that spot. My body tends to store fat there, and I've *always* had a little "pooch", no matter how in shape I was. But now it's not a pooch, it's a ****ing sack. LOL But my upper abs? Awww yeah ;)

I'm sure with more trial and error I could find 'the perfect jeans', but I'd likely have to spend several 100 bucks to do it. I already have 5 pairs in my closet that I never wear. And I agree that I need someting in between the low riders and the full jean. I just can't seem to find it. The low riders just make me feel like my ass is hanging out all day. And if I bend over, it kind of is!

I don't care for jeans too much because I can't find any that are comfortable. I'm short so I need petites, but I'm hippy, so I need a *womans'*. I also seem to have a low rise, which means that just about every pair of jeans cuts me under my ribs when I sit down. But if I get low riders, I spend the entire day pulling them up.

I wear them, but they mostly annoy the **** out of me. I won't buy any over $20. I don't buy any clothes over $20, actually. Well, very rarely, anyway. I do have a pair right now that I love, but they're not really jeans. They're "slacks". ;) And they're Lees. And, they're a size too big (more like 2 now), which is about the only way I can feel comfortable in them.

Wear a nifty black leather belt.
Problem solved. ;)

That's all I used to wear was Levi.
Have branched out some due to my budget.

I bought some Walmart jeans (not sure which brand) that need a few more washes before they have that perfect fit.
I'm in between right now because my last most favorite perfect fit jeans went to the pile of work cloths.

I really prefer shorts this time of year anyhow.
With those I need perfect fit shirts, those seem easier to come by though.

Cutoff jeans

At 6 feet tall, why hide a mile of leg and thigh :2razz:

My upper abs look good, my lower abs - not so much. Gotta lose some weight to fix that spot. My body tends to store fat there, and I've *always* had a little "pooch", no matter how in shape I was. But now it's not a pooch, it's a ****ing sack. LOL But my upper abs? Awww yeah ;)

I'm sure with more trial and error I could find 'the perfect jeans', but I'd likely have to spend several 100 bucks to do it. I already have 5 pairs in my closet that I never wear. And I agree that I need someting in between the low riders and the full jean. I just can't seem to find it. The low riders just make me feel like my ass is hanging out all day. And if I bend over, it kind of is!

Get fitted at Lucky. Find out what style works for you, and then wait for their sale. :ninja: A good great pair of jeans will be an instant figure fixer.
Cutoff jeans

At 6 feet tall, why hide a mile of leg and thigh :2razz:

Is it wrong for me to :spank: you? :tongue4:

I really prefer shorts this time of year anyhow.
With those I need perfect fit shirts, those seem easier to come by though.

I'm not wearing jeans now, but I'm doing my fall shopping. :nails

Get fitted at Lucky. Find out what style works for you, and then wait for their sale. A good great pair of jeans will be an instant figure fixer.
Get fitted. :lol: Now, I realize people DO that kind of stuff, and I'm not laughing at you, or anyone else who does. I'm just laughing at the notion of ME going and getting fitted for anything. I go to Wal Mart in sweats and tank tops. I'm not really the type to "get fitted". ;) But, I getcha.

Is it wrong for me to :spank: you? :tongue4:
Is it wrong for me to want to watch? :popcorn2:

Back
Top Bottom