• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What are your favorite games?

I play on the Lucan Dlere server. I have a 90 Conji, 80 Fury, 73 Ranger. I am currently playing a 29 Guardian. I set all my experience to go into AA so I won't outlevel the quests in Nek and TS. Going back and doing all the quests that I missed the first times through.

I'm usually on for an hour or so week nights around 7 central. weekends for a couple hours a night starting around 8 central.

I played on Butcherblock, had a 90 trouby as a main(do yourself a favor, never go trouby). I played on Luclin server in EQ1 for what it is worth, a warrior.

I played on Butcherblock, had a 90 trouby as a main(do yourself a favor, never go trouby). I played on Luclin server in EQ1 for what it is worth, a warrior.

yeah, never saw the point of trouby/bards kind of boring I would think. much like the healer classes in EQI, nothing but sitting with your spellbook open in your face during all the fun.

Of all the classes I've played, I think the Conji is my fave. very versatile. run in your pet to tank and you sit back and cast DOT and DD like a wizard/warlock and heal the pet like a priest/cleric and if it all goes south, your pet can keep the mob occupied long enough for you to flee out of aggro range.

yeah, never saw the point of trouby/bards kind of boring I would think. much like the healer classes in EQI, nothing but sitting with your spellbook open in your face during all the fun.

Of all the classes I've played, I think the Conji is my fave. very versatile. run in your pet to tank and you sit back and cast DOT and DD like a wizard/warlock and heal the pet like a priest/cleric and if it all goes south, your pet can keep the mob occupied long enough for you to flee out of aggro range.

Yeah, I was finishing leveling a conj when I finally gave up on EQ2. Power and fun in one package.

What are your favorite video games?

Share your favorite games and game franchises here. Mine are:
StarCraft series (1998; PC)
Warcraft series (1994; PC)
Diablo series (1996; PC)
Command & Conquer series (1995; PC)
Descent series (1995; PC)
Resident Evil series (1996; PlayStation)
Age of Empires series (1997; PC)
Dino Crisis (1999; PlayStation)
Metroid Prime (2002; GameCube)
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (2004; GameCube)
Geist (2005; GameCube)
MechWarrior 4: Vengeance (2000; PC)
MechWarrior 3 (1999; PC)
Alan Wake (2010; Xbox 360)
Civilization (1991; PC)
Civilization II (1996; PC)
Metro 2033 (2010; Xbox 360)
Singularity (2010; Xbox 360)
Alpha Protocol (2010; Xbox 360)
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (2004; GameCube)
Metal Gear Solid (1998; PlayStation)
Tribes 2 (2001; PC)
Descent FreeSpace: The Great War (1998; PC)
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War (2004; PC)
Total Annihilation (1997; PC)
Total Annihilation: Kingdoms (1999; PC)
Super Mario 64 (1996; Nintendo 64)
Alien Legacy (1994; PC)
Unreal Tournament 2004 (2004; PC)
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear (1999; PC)
SWAT 3 (1999; PC)
Star Wars: X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter (1997; PC)
Homeworld 2 (2003; PC)
Company of Heroes Online (2010; PC)
Fallout 3 (2008; Xbox 360)
Fallout: New Vegas (2010; Xbox 360)
Fable III (2010; Xbox 360)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (1991; Super Nintendo)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (1998; Nintendo 64)
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (2006; GameCube)
Battalion Wars (2005; GameCube)
Making History: The Calm & The Storm (2007; PC)
Jumpgate: The Reconstructive Initiative (2001; PC)
Hidden & Dangerous 2 (2003; PC)
Borderlands (2009; Xbox 360)
EarthSiege 2 (1995; PC)
Aliens versus Predator (1999; PC)

Last edited:
Re: What are your favorite video games?

Those are your favorites? I can't even name that many games.

I like the Metroid series, NCAA Football from EA Sports and Tiger Woods Golf for Wii...oh and Mario Cart.

Mass Effect 1. Rented 2 and wasn't sold on it. Working through ME1 on my PC and will get ME2 later and try on a plat I can really get into.

Rift (mind you this is based on a 4 day beta, but DAMN is it showing GREAT POTENTIAL)

EQ1, my first MMO, and fond memories abound
DAoC, where I learned to PVP
AO. Cause it's AO
Eve Online (where do you think my sig pic is from? Vance Farthing, my capsuleer!)
WoW Pre-cata

CSS I've been playing CS in one form or another since it was in early beta and colts had scopes

The FF series with a few exceptions. 8, 10-X2, 13.

Borderlands

Bayonetta

The SMB Series 1 through 3

Goldeneye, N64 era

Civ series, though V was a HUGE disappointment.

Sim City

Roller Coaster Tycoon

Yeah, you should beat ME1 first before playing ME2. Importing your character over is very cool, and rewarding. Also, ME2 is the better game, about every aspect is better in ME2, so you should definitely play it.

As for me my favorite games are
Mass Effect Series
Splinter Cell Series
Metroid Series
Assassins Creed Series
NHL Series
Heavy Rain
Call of Duty Series

Yeah, you should beat ME1 first before playing ME2. Importing your character over is very cool, and rewarding. Also, ME2 is the better game, about every aspect is better in ME2, so you should definitely play it.

As for me my favorite games are
Mass Effect Series
Splinter Cell Series
Metroid Series
Assassins Creed Series
NHL Series
Heavy Rain
Call of Duty Series

I did beat ME1, on my Xbox, my old PC couldn't get past one of the missions, it would hang on loading. I let the council die then, I'll let it die again. They suck!

However, ME2... the story didn't grab me, I don't like playing the pawn of someone whose motives and past are so... murky.

I did beat ME1, on my Xbox, my old PC couldn't get past one of the missions, it would hang on loading. I let the council die then, I'll let it die again. They suck!

However, ME2... the story didn't grab me, I don't like playing the pawn of someone whose motives and past are so... murky.

Oh, I let the council live, it works out better for you in the second game. And ME2 gameplay is far superior then ME1, and I personally loved the story, and can't wait for the 3rd game at the end of this year :mrgreen:
Oh, and if you don't like being bossed around by the Illusive Man, one of the endings is quite satisfactory.

I haven't owned a video game system since the Atari 2600 when I was in high school. Only computer video games I play (and very seldom) are Out of the Park Baseball and Title Bout Boxing. Both are excellent sports sims.

my top three would easily be

zelda
mass effect
kotor

KOTOR 1&2 (1 preferably)
Morrowind
LOTR: BFME 1&2
Fable 1&2

Basically any RPG or RTS with a high replayability factor.

Eve Online (where do you think my sig pic is from? Vance Farthing, my capsuleer!)
WoW Pre-cata

You mean avatar pic? They got the new character generator working? Might have to make a new trial and log in awhile again.

You mean avatar pic? They got the new character generator working? Might have to make a new trial and log in awhile again.

Yeah that. And yes, they do. You get full body with apparel and everything.

Mass Effect 1. Rented 2 and wasn't sold on it. Working through ME1 on my PC and will get ME2 later and try on a plat I can really get into.

Rift (mind you this is based on a 4 day beta, but DAMN is it showing GREAT POTENTIAL)

EQ1, my first MMO, and fond memories abound
DAoC, where I learned to PVP
AO. Cause it's AO
WoW Pre-cata

CSS I've been playing CS in one form or another since it was in early beta and colts had scopes

The FF series with a few exceptions. 8, 10-X2, 13.

Borderlands

Bayonetta

The SMB Series 1 through 3

Goldeneye, N64 era

Civ series, though V was a HUGE disappointment.

Sim City

Roller Coaster Tycoon

I played ME 1. Great game. I've tried out ME2 on a friend's machine and it seems to be even better. I tried the EVE Online 14 day trial. It's so addictive that If i actually played it for real I would not have a life or any money left.

Last edited:

Share your favorite games and game franchises here. Mine are:
StarCraft series (1998; PC)
Warcraft series (1994; PC)
Diablo series (1996; PC)
Command & Conquer series (1995; PC)
Descent series (1995; PC)
Resident Evil series (1996; PlayStation)
Age of Empires series (1997; PC)
Dino Crisis (1999; PlayStation)
Metroid Prime (2002; GameCube)
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (2004; GameCube)
Geist (2005; GameCube)
MechWarrior 4: Vengeance (2000; PC)
MechWarrior 3 (1999; PC)
Alan Wake (2010; Xbox 360)
Civilization (1991; PC)
Civilization II (1996; PC)
Metro 2033 (2010; Xbox 360)
Singularity (2010; Xbox 360)
Alpha Protocol (2010; Xbox 360)
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (2004; GameCube)
Metal Gear Solid (1998; PlayStation)
Tribes 2 (2001; PC)
Descent FreeSpace: The Great War (1998; PC)
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War (2004; PC)
Total Annihilation (1997; PC)
Total Annihilation: Kingdoms (1999; PC)
Super Mario 64 (1996; Nintendo 64)
Alien Legacy (1994; PC)
Unreal Tournament 2004 (2004; PC)
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear (1999; PC)
SWAT 3 (1999; PC)
Star Wars: X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter (1997; PC)
Homeworld 2 (2003; PC)
Company of Heroes Online (2010; PC)
Fallout 3 (2008; Xbox 360)
Fallout: New Vegas (2010; Xbox 360)
Fable III (2010; Xbox 360)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (1991; Super Nintendo)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (1998; Nintendo 64)
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (2006; GameCube)
Battalion Wars (2005; GameCube)
Making History: The Calm & The Storm (2007; PC)
Jumpgate: The Reconstructive Initiative (2001; PC)
Hidden & Dangerous 2 (2003; PC)
Borderlands (2009; Xbox 360)
EarthSiege 2 (1995; PC)
Aliens versus Predator (1999; PC)

didn't Solace post this exact same list a couple weeks ago? oh wait, you were already banned for being his sock...my bad

Moderator's Warning:
Merged the threads

Diablo2 was a great PC game, but the fav was Operation Flashpoint for back in the day. The realism was uncanny ...

Now into more of the sports games, NHL 10 & 11, MLB the show 10, Tiger Woods, and I like the Assassins Creed series, RDR as well as GTA franchise.

Diablo2 was a great PC game, but the fav was Operation Flashpoint for back in the day. The realism was uncanny ...

Now into more of the sports games, NHL 10 & 11, MLB the show 10, Tiger Woods, and I like the Assassins Creed series, RDR as well as GTA franchise.

Tiger Woods is "okay", there was a GREAT golf game on the XboX, Links. Taht game had aces multiplayer, fun controls and good courses. Sadly, it hasn't appeared since.

When I did play video games, I liked Halo. My son and I could play together in co-op mode. Also Medal of Honor. Then the DOA series, including DOA Beach Volleyball. My daughter and I could play that one together. The last game I really enjoyed was GTA Vice City. Then my Xbox fried and i just never got back into it.

We have the Wii now and my son spends a lot of time playing WWF.

Latley, I play chess on the PC, or on my phone. And I really stink at it, which makes the rare win all the sweeter.

I came late to geekdom. My first game was SpaceQuest on an old amber monitor that weighed more than I did.

Then I became an addict:

Baldurs Gate 1 & 2
Planescape Torment
Icewind Dale
Fallout 1 & 2 & 3
Jagged Alliance 2
DeusEx

KOTOR 1&2
Mass Effect 1&2
Dragon Age Origins

Gothic 1&2&3
The Witcher

I played Guild Wars, Everquest and World of Warcraft for about a year each, but they wanted to take over my life so eventually I scrapped them all.

The difference between me and the rest of the video game afficionados is that... I'm old. They're young. But I can still kick their butts. Bwahahaha.

My favorite games are the Grand theft auto games, Call of Duty Modern warfar 1 and 2,Call of Duty Black Ops, Mafia II, the occasional Build a lot games and the mystery case files games.

I came late to geekdom. My first game was SpaceQuest on an old amber monitor that weighed more than I did.

Then I became an addict:

Baldurs Gate 1 & 2
Planescape Torment
Icewind Dale
Fallout 1 & 2 & 3
Jagged Alliance 2
DeusEx

KOTOR 1&2
Mass Effect 1&2
Dragon Age Origins

Gothic 1&2&3
The Witcher

I played Guild Wars, Everquest and World of Warcraft for about a year each, but they wanted to take over my life so eventually I scrapped them all.

The difference between me and the rest of the video game afficionados is that... I'm old. They're young. But I can still kick their butts. Bwahahaha.

Sounds like youre about the same age as me. Look even though we were the 1st generation to grow up with PC games and consol games..... these little buggers seem to have been born with microchips. lol

Back
Top Bottom