• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What are you most afraid of:

• The Islamic Cultural Center near Ground Zero

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

pbrauer

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal

The Islamic Cultural Center near Ground Zero

Sharia Law coming to the U.S.

Both the Islamic Cultural Center and Sharia Law

Don't be silly, neither one is a threat to us.

fiscalini-purple-moon.jpg

/shudder

I save my fears for legitimate concerns, like having a tire blowout at 80 mph on interstate 75 during Thanksgiving traffic.

Lies, spins, half truths...and that I may not catch nor recognize all of this.
Mark, does that cheese ever look good..

Lies, spins, half truths...and that I may not catch nor recognize all of this.
Mark, does that cheese ever look good..
I just did a google search for "purple cheese", trying to find a pic of something to be "afraid of".

What exactly do you have against Cheddar cheese that has been soaked in wine?

Are you a cheese hater? Are you Cheeseaphobic? Do you hate all Cheese or just colored Cheese?

What exactly do you have against Cheddar cheese that has been soaked in wine?

Are you a cheese hater? Are you Cheeseaphobic? Do you hate all Cheese or just colored Cheese?
I hate all cheese with a burning passion, wine-soaked cheese especially... :mrgreen:

Actually, I am quite the fan of cheese - never had a chance to try that cheese, however.

Last edited:
I hate all cheese with a burning passion, wine-soaked cheese especially... :mrgreen:

I see..... so you are prejudiced against Cheese that have the disease of alcoholism. Must be one of those racist Tea Partiers. :mrgreen:

People who don't pay taxes outnumbering those of us who do and voting away the wealth of taxpayers thus turning the USA into another Greece

Neither are remotely a threat. The mosque, which isn't really a mosque, but a building that houses a mosque as well as other things, they have as much right to build it as anyone has to build anything. So long as they buy the land and pay for construction costs, more power to them. Sharia law is also not remotely a problem, those parts of it which violate the Constitution can never be implemented, but for those areas that don't, people who want to follow it are more than welcome to do so. I don't, therefore I won't. Isn't freedom wonderful?

I’m afraid of the Islamic community living in my closet trying to declare my closet ruled under Sharia Law, LOL!

Waking up and finding myself in a world where polar bears run the country, and Bundy rum has been outlawed.

I fear God so much that if he were to say, "only one human would go to hell" i would think its me,

and I have so much hope in God that if he were to say, "only one human on earth would go to heaven" i would also think its me

Waking up and finding myself in a world where polar bears run the country, and Bundy rum has been outlawed.

I support your right to keep and arm bears

Dying before my children are grown men.

Those who steal my money, crush my liberties, want to send me to die for retarded wars and take my guns.

People who don't pay taxes outnumbering those of us who do and voting away the wealth of taxpayers thus turning the USA into another Greece

Chaos, Death, Destruction, Insanity, Panic, Pandemonium. Sounds like things could get interesting.

Those who steal my money, crush my liberties, want to send me to die for retarded wars and take my guns.
Actually, the people that try to take away my guns should be the ones who are afraid.

Dying before my children are grown men.

That's my biggest fear - to die before my son and daughter are grown.

Sorry to the OP, but I really am not concerned with either of the things you've listed in your original post.

Going to hell and it being Jerry Falwell's heaven.

Boy oh Boy, what a bunch of paranoid people. I expected somebody would be afraid of one or both, but not an overwhelming majority (74 -27). I wonder if these if these folks are afraid of their own shadow. :(

I wonder what percentage of these folks watch Fox or listen to 'conservative' talk radio.

I believe it would be at least 100 years of concerted effort before Sharia law existed in the United States as anything other than contract law subject to the law of the land.

I don't see anybody making a concerted effort to implement Sharia law, so even that rather lengthy timer hasn't started ticking.

As far as it goes with the cultural center, only a fool would fear an effort to combine prayer areas for multiple religions with a number of secular pursuits (like, oh, basketball).

The Islamic Cultural Center near Ground Zero

Sharia Law coming to the U.S.

Both the Islamic Cultural Center and Sharia Law

Don't be silly, neither one is a threat to us.

I'm somewhat concerned about Sharia Law. Although this article is misleading (until the last line), recognizing Sharia Mediation can be the proverbial camel's nose in the tent.

ISLAMIC law has been officially adopted in Britain, with sharia courts given powers to rule on Muslim civil cases.

The government has quietly sanctioned the powers for sharia judges to rule on cases ranging from divorce and financial disputes to those involving domestic violence.

Rulings issued by a network of five sharia courts are enforceable with the full power of the judicial system, through the county courts or High Court.

Previously, the rulings of sharia courts in Britain could not be enforced, and depended on voluntary compliance among Muslims.

It has now emerged that sharia courts with these powers have been set up in London, Birmingham, Bradford and Manchester with the network’s headquarters in Nuneaton, Warwickshire. Two more courts are being planned for Glasgow and Edinburgh.

Sheikh Faiz-ul-Aqtab Siddiqi, whose Muslim Arbitration Tribunal runs the courts, said he had taken advantage of a clause in the Arbitration Act 1996.

Under the act, the sharia courts are classified as arbitration tribunals. The rulings of arbitration tribunals are binding in law, provided that both parties in the dispute agree to give it the power to rule on their case.
Revealed: UK’s first official sharia courts -Times Online

Then there's this:

A New Jersey family court judge's decision not to grant a restraining order to a woman who was sexually abused by her Moroccan husband and forced repeatedly to have sex with him is sounding the alarm for advocates of laws designed to ban Shariah in America. Judge Joseph Charles, in denying the restraining order to the woman after her divorce, ruled that her ex-husband felt he had behaved according to his Muslim beliefs -- and that he did not have "criminal desire to or intent to sexually assault" his wife.
FOXNews.com - Advocates of Anti-Shariah Measures Alarmed by Judge's Ruling They were divorced and the ex-wife was seeking a restraining order based on his earlier conduct during their marriage. Whether or not the restraining order should have been granted isn't the issue. The issue is that the judge found "he had behaved according to his religious beliefs."

Our freedoms often come back to bite us in the butt. I hope our religious freedoms don't allow Sharia Law to infiltrate our society -- in any way-shape-form.

I believe it would be at least 100 years of concerted effort before Sharia law existed in the United States as anything other than contract law subject to the law of the land.

I don't see anybody making a concerted effort to implement Sharia law, so even that rather lengthy timer hasn't started ticking.
There is this piece of paper that was adopted Sept. 17, 1787. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom