• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What are you listening to? ver. 15.0

Sinéad O'Connor - Nothing Compares 2U [Official Music Video]​

Anyone remember Suzy Creamcheese?

Anyone remember Suzy Creamcheese?
Yes. I remembered the lyrics, but not the volume. I played it in the middle of the night and it upset the dog, who took refuge in his crate!

Last edited:
I first thought of "Chariots of Fire", but "The Year of Living Dangerously" is one of my favorite films. Hauntingly beautiful. Thank you for posting it.
Vangelis also did Chariots of Fire. One of the satellite rock stations played the CoF tune and noted than Vangelis had turned out 50 records in his career and is one of the leading icons of electronic music. In the Year of Living Dangerously-the scene where Signourney Weaver, now smitten with Mel Gibson, walks through the streets of Jakarta in a monsoon, is one of the greatest love scenes ever filmed.

This submission has a TON of techie/geek history, so to appreciate it, it helps to know the back story.
I will try to be brief and concise, but this is real Indiana Jones type video stuff, sort of...

1976, Queen had just released "Bohemian Rhapsody" not even a year earlier.
Even Queen said that doing that song live was a challenge, and they needed front line and back line support with playback to pull it off to their satisfaction.
But Washington DC keyboard player Arnie Reed and his band "Sixpence" either didn't know that or didn't care.
They were determined to do it live.

"We'll do it LIVE!!!"🤣🤣🤣
AdmiredDescriptiveGrayreefshark-max-1mb.gif

And to commemorate this accomplishment Arnie rented a Panasonic 1-inch "Hi-Band" reel to reel VTR and a couple of cameras and videotaped it.
Now, for some folks born AFTER 1975, the assumption is that home video was always an option.
It wasn't.
And most "HOME MOVIE" cameras (the kind that use FILM) did not have SOUND.

In 1976, fewer than 15% of homes had VCR's and even fewer had video cameras, and "video camcorders" did not exist yet.
And Panasonic only made that particular model VTR for one year, so for 34 years Arnie could not find a machine to PLAY the tapes and finally gave up,
and the reels sat and grew MOLD in his basement.

ed13bxv1iv851.jpg

I referred Arnie to DC Video in Burbank a couple of years ago and Dave Crosthwait restored the tapes as best he could.
Color playback was impossible (unviewable) but Dave at DC Video did get viewable B/W playback, on the ONE remaining working machine he found,
after scraping off 34 years of mold and baking the tape to restore the magnetic oxide to the plastic tape binder material.

So here you go, a 1976 LIVE rendition of "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Sixpence!
I seriously doubt ANYONE else was even trying to do this song LIVE, certainly not in 1976.
PS: The comments are hilarious, a lot of people were convinced this was all fake, it wasn't...Arnie is a dear friend that I've known for twenty years.

In memory of Ringo Stalin. What did he do to get himself banned? He seemed like a nice enough chap to me.

"Down At The Twist And Shout"
Mary Chapin Carpenter

Uriah Heep folks. They were a band in the 60s and 70s.

Back
Top Bottom