• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What are you listening to? ver. 15.0

I never heard this version and it is pretty. Roberta Flack's original version is far and above my favorite, though. That is more deeply evocative than any recording by anyone else (including other versions she recorded).

A couple things I'm listening to the past week or so...

COVID obliterated the 2020 Drum Corps season. The promise of a vaccine gives hope that there will be a 2021 season. But I've sorely missed my Drum Corps.

Today, I watched some videos. Here's one of Blue Devils, 2019, Mile High Stadium...Drums Along The Rockies show. I was there.

And one of my favorite new singers, Angelina Jordan...a 14 year old from Norway...recently signed with Republic Records and released her first single.

I love Joe Cocker. I loved "91/2 Weeks" for which that was the theme song. I also loved "The Full Monty" and thought Tom Jones did a great job singing the same song for that poignant comedy. It's a fabulous song and I appreciate your posting a great version of it.

Oh...what the hell, let's have one more from Angelina!

From four years ago...she was 10.

Came up in a show I'm watching

and now we are going through some albums lol

She has a better rendition that I can't find through google. I have it on a CD somewhere. She uses some of the backup singers and musicians that were recording in Detroit at that time. I like this one too though.

Back
Top Bottom