• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What are you listening to? ver. 15.0

Pearl Jam or somebody who owns the copyright wants to get paid for you to watch it.

What if you could turn this one up until the neighbors call the cops. Wouldn't that be great?

2inchSecondSet1a.jpg

Not only do I own the rights to the videotape of Leon Russell's 1972 concerts at Charlotte NC, Anaheim and Long Beach, I also own the rights to the other performances on those same reels and one of them is a band that is a Texas legend, Nitzinger.
I am shocked that there isn't still a huge group of loyal Nitzinger fans out there.
Maybe I'm just good at knob twiddling to restore and edit film and not so good at being a promoter, because I think a competent promoter would be able to find and connect with Nitzinger fans to drum up interest in the forty minute opening act set they did in Charlotte the day Leon performed.
Here's a teaser.

Leon was a Heinlein fiction fan all the way. There were a lot of us back then in the 1970's.

Neil Young and Crazy Horse. Turn it up and be amazed.

Apparently the late great Leon Russell wrote this back around 2009 and never released it and a New Zealand band called Kal-Q-Lated Risk dropped it in 2018 to very little fanfare.
But it shows the direction Leon would have liked to have headed in if he'd just had a little more time.
I think it's remarkable.

"Down Inside Me" - music & lyrics by Leon Russell

"One's a liar, and helps to hide me from my pain/
And one's a long gone bit of truth/
That's the difference, between Whisky and You."

... damn

"All your love
Is a lost balloon
Rising up through the afternoon
'Til it could fit on the head of a pin"

Amazing imagery, that...

Last edited:

And one's a long gone bit of truth/

... damn

"All your love
Is a lost balloon
Rising up through the afternoon
'Til it could fit on the head of a pin"

Amazing imagery, that...

Correction...

And one's a long gone bitter truth/

Old school R&B. I love that stuff.

Most of you are likely more familiar with Percy Sledge's "When a Man Loves a Woman" and there's a good chance you aren't familiar with that one. Here's my favorite by Percy Sledge: Take Time to Know Her.

Ms. Risky is out of town and dinner is whatever I want. I'm cooking red beans, sausage, and rice. Lawd, have mercy. I can't hardly stand it, y'all.

Appropriate music makes it "mo bettah". So does a Manhattan, up, and in a Nick and Nora Charles coupe glass.

Maria Muldaur. Something about her gets my motor revving.

Back
Top Bottom