• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What are you listening to? ver. 15.0

And...not a particularly great anything, but Jagger and Grohl, mocking dumbassed moments of the last year or two. 🤷

In 1944, the film "At 6 PM after the War" was released in the USSR. The war was still going on, but the film showed a victorious Moscow and the meeting of two lovers after the war. In the movie, the beautiful melody of the song "The Cossack went to war" sounded. The video shows a decent modern performance of this song

On the free, blue, on the quiet Don
The marching song sounded.
The cossack was leaving for the war,
The bride saw him off.

- Wish me happiness, my dear, on my way,
Whether I will return home is unknown...
The cossack told her: - Goodbye!
- Goodbye!- the bride replied.

A sad dawn broke over the steppe,
The Don wave sparkled.
- I give you a tobacco pouch as a parting gift,
I embroidered it myself.

Be brave in a fierce battle,
Fight for the russian land
And remember about Don, about your bride,
You go back to us as soon as possible.
In the same film, the song of the Soviet gunners was performed for the first time, which became the most popular song of this kind of troops

Gunners, Stalin gave the order,
Gunners, the fatherland calls us.
From many thousands of batteries for the tears of our mothers,
for our Homeland, fire!

Last edited:
My brother just recommended this. Pretty good.

Very moving version of this powerful piece, thanks for sharing.

Pick up the tempo a couple of beats and they got something very nice there.

Steeleye Span ...English folk style music. I saw some one mentioned it a page or so back...give it a go.

^ when music meant proper voice intonations - thanks for sharing

Long one here, enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom