• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Are You Listening To? Part 14 [W: 2921]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it! Believe it or not, I have never heard that song before! It's my new theme song! Thanks, brother!

I have used "SoulFire77" since 1997. I got it from MAX... :thumbs:

No problem man, glad ya dug it. I was trying to place Soulfly as I was listening, isn't that Max Cavalera's band after Sepultura? The name was driving me nuts for a minute, then I saw you mentioned Max, haha.

No problem man, glad ya dug it. I was trying to place Soulfly as I was listening, isn't that Max Cavalera's band after Sepultura? The name was driving me nuts for a minute, then I saw you mentioned Max, haha.

You got it... I grew up on Black Sabbath, Dio, and Megadeth. I've been to more concerts, and met more rock stars, than I can count.

Years ago, when my little brother was dying of cancer, the guys in Sevendust went above and beyond for him. Of all the rock stars I have met, they are - by far - the nicest.

You got it... I grew up on Black Sabbath, Dio, and Megadeth. I've been to more concerts, and met more rock stars, than I can count.

Years ago, when my little brother was dying of cancer, the guys in Sevendust went above and beyond for him. Of all the rock stars I have met, they are - by far - the nicest.

We're pretty similar in musical tastes, it's almost eery. I got into 70's & 80's metal from an older brother. Had every Sabbath album by 13, which almost no one at my school listened to, it was mostly rap fans there.
I also have a brother who passed away, it was the one who turned me onto the first music I was really into. Sounds like Sevendust are a class act, really cool of them to do something for a dying fan, gotta hand it to those guys.

Bro fist.

Nice. I also like this version....

[video=youtube;Q2oamG2V1Ag]http://www.youtube.com/watch?Q2oamG2V1Ag[/video]

Bryan Ferry - I Put A Spell On You

[video=youtube;LGuIQuR3lUY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?LGuIQuR3lUY[/video]

Uriah Heep - Weep In Silence

[video=youtube;Ml7TmC__eDc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?Ml7TmC__eDc[/video]

Grace Potter And The Nocturnals - Stars

Trivia: in the mid 1960's, I delivered groceries to Bill Danoff and Taffy Nivert(sp?). They lived in a walkdown basement apartment in Georgetown, DC. After John Denver did the song they moved to nicer accommodations. Later they formed Fat City (Afternoon Delight). There was an early album, (don't remember much about it), where they used non-perishable produce from the neighborhood market where I worked as a prop for the rear of the album cover.
Bill and Taffy were credited with song writing for 'Country Roads." And John Denver.

Bill and Taffy were credited with song writing for 'Country Roads." And John Denver.

Bill Danoff and Taffy Nivert are also the background vocalists for Denver's "Country Roads" hit.

40953aac36a3abd0cb5b6a79c02b4c2a.jpg

Blue Swede from Guardians of the Galaxy... 'Ooga Ooga Ooga shaka' in the opening line was an Indian chant copied from George Jones...

A premature post-mortem; not the most powerful song, but rather tragic if one knows what he's referring to.....

Last one recorded.

Last edited:
Tell me this isn't or at least doesn't cross into metal....

Bill Danoff and Taffy Nivert are also the background vocalists for Denver's "Country Roads" hit.

40953aac36a3abd0cb5b6a79c02b4c2a.jpg

[video=youtube;1vrEljMfXYo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?1vrEljMfXYo[/video]

John Denver - Take Me Home, Country Roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom