• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What are you craving right now?

th

Did you remember to take your cholesterol meds? :shock:

Some of us can eat lard out of the bucket, and our cholesterol doesn't go too high. I suspect it's because I was raised on a lot of fried foods, and I metabolize them well.

Some steamed cabbage, sounds good right now, with a bit if chargrilled chicken seasoned just with garlic, black pepper, and salt. And some teriyaki sauce. And sticky white rice. Think I am gona get me a rice bowl. Tasty goodness.

I ate a great chicken cabbage salad at a Chinese restaurant last night, and tonight, I'm trying to copy it in my kitchen. It has grilled diced chicken, green onions, diced tomatoes, slaw mix, and a little cilantro, and a dressing that I couldn't identify, but I bought an Asian dressing at the grocery store that I'm planning to try. (and the Jasmine rice is simmering right now).

This may be very close to the recipe, but it had some red chili flakes and the diced chicken.
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Thai-Style-Cabbage-Salad-13219

In the one I had last night, the cabbage was a little wilted, so I'm planning to stir fry the chicken, turn the heat off, then toss the salad into the wok for a minute or two.

Last edited:
Some of us can eat lard out of the bucket, and our cholesterol doesn't go too high. I suspect it's because I was raised on a lot of fried foods, and I metabolize them well.

I was kidding him. ;)

I have no worries with my cholesterol either, though I was never much on the heavy fried foods.

Some Coffee. Sugar and Spice.

th

Bedtime snack.

th

And.....

OMPmfrwBLOGsize.jpg

V4yc9.jpg

Chocolate cake with thick milk chocolate frosting with chunks of cold Reece cups stuck in and a tall glass of chocolate milk. :2dance:

Chocolate ...

Developing a cold - hot chicken noodle soup and saltines

I know what I'm not craving. I ordered a pizza with yellow peppers, but they put green peppers on it!

If they were going to get it right every time, they wouldn't be working at a pizza delivery place. Insert fast food place, convenience store, whatever applies.

I'm full right now but watching Bourbain and saw some vegetarian dishes that looked good. Every now and then I think about going vegan just to try it but always fall on my face. Food is so social and its really hard to do without community support.

Not craving anything right now - just had dinner - fish and salad - was very good.

Most of the things not available right now in this area such as: McDonald's, Burger King, KFC, Pizza Hut, and certainly Iskender Doner. I keep telling everyone to bring one while they travel abroad but they do not understand the level of my cravings. They do not fathom that these would have value for consumption even if they are cold. So they look at me strangely and conveniently "forget" to buy me one even though I tell them that there will be refunds (with credit for their troubles if necessary).

Having said that other companies are filling in the demand vacuum. Ever heard of "Kolonat" and "Pizza Hutt?"

Kolonat | Enjoy Pristina

Probably not! Just to increase my frustrations everyone here names "Kolonat" as "Burger King," "McDonald's" or whatever else they have heard on the commercials. So we were going to a huge mall named TEG in Albania:

TEG

I was happy to endure a huge road trip by having in mind that there will be either McDonald's or Burger King there for usually people here cannot tell the difference. After being so tired and expecting some proper reward for my troubles I was very disappointed to find the fvcking "Kolonat" at the third floor instead!! :blastem:

Ever since then I vowed not to believe anyone's claims in Dardania and Albania about a place they call with names of the franchises mentioned above that you may take for granted. The only place in this region where such franchise is more available is in Macedonia at the moment.

One would think they would rush to here by this time instead!

Right now I'm craving another cup of coffee and a slice of toast with lots of butter. :)

Most of the things not available right now in this area such as: McDonald's, Burger King, KFC, Pizza Hut, and certainly Iskender Doner. I keep telling everyone to bring one while they travel abroad but they do not understand the level of my cravings. They do not fathom that these would have value for consumption even if they are cold. So they look at me strangely and conveniently "forget" to buy me one even though I tell them that there will be refunds (with credit for their troubles if necessary).

Having said that other companies are filling in the demand vacuum. Ever heard of "Kolonat" and "Pizza Hutt?"

Kolonat | Enjoy Pristina

Probably not! Just to increase my frustrations everyone here names "Kolonat" as "Burger King," "McDonald's" or whatever else they have heard on the commercials. So we were going to a huge mall named TEG in Albania:

TEG

I was happy to endure a huge road trip by having in mind that there will be either McDonald's or Burger King there for usually people here cannot tell the difference. After being so tired and expecting some proper reward for my troubles I was very disappointed to find the fvcking "Kolonat" at the third floor instead!! :blastem:

Ever since then I vowed not to believe anyone's claims in Dardania and Albania about a place they call with names of the franchises mentioned above that you may take for granted. The only place in this region where such franchise is more available is in Macedonia at the moment.

One would think they would rush to here by this time instead!

Sounds like an excellent opportunity for an industrious young man, such as yourself, to open the first McDonald's franchise in your neighborhood - you could be the franchise king of your region!!!

Sounds like an excellent opportunity for an industrious young man, such as yourself, to open the first McDonald's franchise in your neighborhood - you could be the franchise king of your region!!!

Want to share my kingdom with me?

Chocolate chip pancakes are awesome!

My favorite was fresh blueberries. Once I settle down again and get another house, I am so planting more blueberry bushes

My favorite was fresh blueberries. Once I settle down again and get another house, I am so planting more blueberry bushes

Any kind of berries in pancakes is good. I love berries! :)

Back
Top Bottom