• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

what are the worst supreme court decisions in U.S history?

United States v Freed, Perpich v Dept. of Defense,

Roe v. Wade.

It bears direct comparison to Dred Scott, though it makes less logical sense, and has caused more harm.

I'm waiting for the bible thumping religionists to show up and call the 14 supreme court decisions affirming marriage as a fundamental human right to be the worst supreme court cases of all time.

These people are probably also big fans of the Dred Scott decision so it doesn't really matter what they think.

LMAO...so all Christians are automatically racist now? Wow. What's next, anyone that wears a red shirt hates dolphins? Anyone that has blonde hair is sexist? Anything that drives a Ford pickup is an anti Semite? Anyone that eats at Jason's Deli hates the rain forest?

2.)I could do this all day.

Anyone that stays at Hilton hotels wants polluted rivers? Anyone that watches an LG tv is probably an axe murder? .....

1.)can you point out where he mentioned ALL christians or even chrisitans? i don t see that in his post?
2.) yes it seems you can just make stuff up and argue against dishonest straw men all day. I agree

Dred Scott v Sanford and Wickard v Filburn are two of the worst.

It was about controlling the outcome of an election, obviously.

So you don't have any legal argument about equal protection and evaluating the ballots of voters in the same state using differing standards, you just didn't want Bush to win and are blaming it on the Supreme Court. That is the only part that is obvious.

The Dred Scott decision I believe was, though morally wrong, constitutionally correct. Our constitution needed a bit of work back then. Plessy on the other hand was incorrect legally and retarded our progress on race 60 years. Possibly more harmful are a series of decisions that have expanded the commerce clause and the general welfare clause that has turned a constitution that gave the federal government very limited powers to an omnipotent power only somewhat restrained by the Bill of Rights.

I don't think it was constitutionally correct. It took the ability of states to regulate slavery and threw it out the window. Basically after Dred Scot, any state was a slave state.

So you don't have any legal argument about equal protection and evaluating the ballots of voters in the same state using differing standards, you just didn't want Bush to win and are blaming it on the Supreme Court. That is the only part that is obvious.
The SC is who is to blame for Bush. Gore actually won, if the ballots had been counted honestly.

The supreme court does not have a perfect record in making its decisions based on constitutional law.

i was wondering what some people consider as the worst decisions made by the court. By definition, i am asking which supreme court decisions caused the most harm to American society

so if anyone has court decison they think earned the distinction of being among the worst, post a suggestion.

Roe V. Wade
Engel V. Vitale

The SC is who is to blame for Bush. Gore actually won, if the ballots had been counted honestly.

With every news organization doing their own analysis, you have nothing but conjecture. Regardless, the SC decision only applied to Florida. It is mathematics that sided with Bush.

Like it, or as you have chosen, not.

With every news organization doing their own analysis, you have nothing but conjecture. Regardless, the SC decision only applied to Florida. It is mathematics that sided with Bush.

Like it, or as you have chosen, not.
Look it up, Gore won. Sorry.

Daniel v. Waters

This was not a Supreme Court decision. The State law specifically mentions that the Creation Story in Genisis must be taught which is in direct violation of the Constitution.

This was not a Supreme Court decision. The State law specifically mentions that the Creation Story in Genisis must be taught which is in direct violation of the Constitution.
Which story, there are two? And I wonder if the kids ask why Adam had a penis when there was no Eve?

United States v Freed, Perpich v Dept. of Defense,

with respect to US v Freed I have not made a determination.

with respect to Perpich v Dept of Defense abridging the power of veto by the Governor for federlizing a National Guard unit for training outside of the US was wrong. If the veto would now exist then we would not have as many adventures overseas with the National Guard.

Roe V. Wade
Engel V. Vitale

Engel V. Vitale prohibited government officials from promoting religious prayer. And it was usually a Evangelical Church type or a Protestant Lords Prayer.

Roe v Wade may eventually be a blessing in disguise since its reasoning is based on a right to privacy and the possible overturn could be used as a threat to its supporters if the Federal government is not curtailed in its spying on American citizens.

Which story, there are two? And I wonder if the kids ask why Adam had a penis when there was no Eve?

I doubt the members of the Legislature recognized there were two stories in the Bible. And with respect to the penis I think they thought Adam had a penis since God did because man is made in God's image.

I doubt the members of the Legislature recognized there were two stories in the Bible. And with respect to the penis I think they thought Adam had a penis since God did because man is made in God's image.
Yeah, whenever I populate a planet I make teeny tiny versions of myself, two of them actually, and then I sit back and watch them slaughter each other. It's great fun you know.

As for not knowing the Bible, I'd take that bet in heartbeat. Half of them probably don't where that book is in the Bible.

I bet he had nipples, too.

Gore v Bush is at the top of my list, too. That and the "Brook Brother riot" intimidating the vote counters made a mockery of fair elections.

Last edited:
with respect to US v Freed I have not made a determination.

with respect to Perpich v Dept of Defense abridging the power of veto by the Governor for federlizing a National Guard unit for training outside of the US was wrong. If the veto would now exist then we would not have as many adventures overseas with the National Guard.

Arresting and convicting someone for a crime when it was literally "the other guy". It was a technicality but it is a case where sophistry won the day over the law.

Engel V. Vitale prohibited government officials from promoting religious prayer. And it was usually a Evangelical Church type or a Protestant Lords Prayer.

Roe v Wade may eventually be a blessing in disguise since its reasoning is based on a right to privacy and the possible overturn could be used as a threat to its supporters if the Federal government is not curtailed in its spying on American citizens.

My statement still stands.

I bet he had nipples, too.

Gore v Bush is at the top of my list, too. That and the "Brook Brother riot" intimidating the vote counters made a mockery of fair elections.

I agree and add that Citizens United, which is really the ugly progeny of the Santa Clara case, are two of the biggest SC bombs.

Back
Top Bottom