• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What are the signs of a total nut job?

• Total voters

ALiberalModerate

Pragmatist
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
I tried to include examples form both sides of the political spectrum on this one. However, the entire premise of the poll is to show the absurdity and irrationalness of many of the posters on this forum and other like it.

just to be an irksome turd:
there are some people whose side always is on the right of every issue, if your ideology is anti-erudition than there is a vast conspiracy amongst educators to indoctrinate against your beliefs, and if you disagree with a government policy, you do hate America, or at least the little piece of it responsible for creating that particular policy

Oh, and one sign of a total nut job is that it costs more than a partial nut job

Befuddled_Stoner said:
just to be an irksome turd:
there are some people whose side always is on the right of every issue

No single ideology or political party is always right about every single issue.

If your ideology is anti-erudition than there is a vast conspiracy amongst educators to indoctrinate against your beliefs

That would not be a conspiracy, but rather it would simply be the nature of education. Much like naturalism is the nature of science.

and if you disagree with a government policy, you do hate America, or at least the little piece of it responsible for creating that particular policy.

The only way for someone to come to that conclusion would be if they were confusing nationalism with patriotism.

SouthernDemocrat said:

I think he meant on the right side, as in the conservative side. You know, like Sean Hannity.

My favorite is always believing their party's talking points are correct, on both sides. If you never go against your party, who is thinking for you, because you're certainly not thinking for yourself?

millsy said:
I think he meant on the right side, as in the conservative side. You know, like Sean Hannity.

My favorite is always believing their party's talking points are correct, on both sides. If you never go against your party, who is thinking for you, because you're certainly not thinking for yourself?

Oh yeah, thats a typical nut job for you. Another good sign of one is not recognizing that everything is not simply black and white or that neither side has a monopoly on good ideas.

All of the poll choices are signs of a total nut job.

I shall address each and give my reasons for why they are.

SouthernDemocrat said:
Assumes that their side is always right on every issue regardless of the subject.

This is a fine example of a total nut job. And one that pisses many people off.

SouthernDemocrat said:
Blames any failures of politicians in their political party on conspiracies like “The Liberal Media”.

This is another fine example. The media may be biased one way or the other, but there are some on each side, and to blame everything on them seems crazy.

And this applies to everyone, because I have heard people mention both liberal AND conservative media conspiracies. Crazy.

SouthernDemocrat said:
Believes in a conspiracy among educators to indoctrinate America’s youth against their beliefs.

While there are some educators (like some college professors) who promote their political point of view in the classroom (And I think that this is wrong, it distracts from learning and wastes students time, they should figure this stuff out on their own, after all, this is a free country.), It would be crazy to think that ALL educators were plotting in dark dungeons about how to change the way children think!

SouthernDemocrat said:
Has a pathetical hatred for anyone with an opposing view.

This is just pathetic. Heh. To hate everyone who disagrees with them is, IMO, proof of their incorrectness. If they were sane, they would try to convince said person of their (supposed) error instead of hating them.

SouthernDemocrat said:
Believes that the current President Bush is evil and invaded Iraq for oil or to enrich Halliburton.

This is related to the above question and my above answer partially responds to it, although it mainly applies to the left side of politics in this case.

SouthernDemocrat said:
Believes that the President Clinton was a rapist and or murderer.

Same as above, except replace "left side" with "right side".

SouthernDemocrat said:
Believes that 9/11 was a government conspiracy.

Now this is just crazy. I don't want to even try to answer this, as my mind hurts too much from trying to comprehend how someone could actually believe this.

SouthernDemocrat said:
Only gets their information on current events from highly biased sources.

A good sign of a total nut job. However, I must admit that most sources are at least a little biased, and the level of bias seen by someone viewing the information provided by them is skewed by how biased towards or away from the biased sources bias they are. Mwahahahaha! :evilgrin:

SouthernDemocrat said:
Is very suspect of mainstream science.

This just doesn’t make sense, science is (for the most part) logical, so they must be illogical if they suspect it.

SouthernDemocrat said:
Believes that anyone who disagrees with a government policy hates America.

No way. In fact, I would say that some who disagree love America....which is why they disagree. Now in some cases this love of America might be misguided or faked to give weight to an argument, but there are some people out there who actually think they are doing good when in actuality they are causing damage. Nut jobs.

Last edited:
SouthernDemocrat said:

That would not be a conspiracy, but rather it would simply be the nature of education. Much like naturalism is the nature of science.

The only way for someone to come to that conclusion would be if they were confusing nationalism with patriotism.

I'm always right. Every single post I speak truth! Or at least honesty. I tell it the way it is. :mrgreen:

Nut jobs are so common; they vote either GOP or Democrat; voting in the same problems election after election and always thinking next election or next candidate will be it--totally comatosic and is a swing voter less of a nut job than a party member?

Ok, from viewing the poll, I have decided that I am shocked.:shock:

Shocked that not everyone checked off all the options........which means that some people agree with some of those statements!! :shock:

How could they? :confused:

They must be nut jobs.

Last edited:
Uh Gunny, how would you like your first thread move, this one is ripe!:shock:

One type of total nut job votes for Democrats.

Another type votes for Republicans.

That's a clear enough definition for anyone.

According to ProudAmerican, a nutjob is moi!

I vote all of the above. :banana:

edit: aww, no dancing banana. :(

SouthernDemocrat said:

The sign of a "Total Nut Job" is a Georgia peanut farmer who had the idea he would make a good president.

GAPLApeanut3.jpg

Your score is 0 on a scale of 1 to 10. You hate Bush with a writhing passion. You think he is an idiot, a liar, and a warmonger who has been an utterly incompetent, miserable failure of a president. Nothing would give you greater pleasure than seeing him impeached and run out of the White House, except maybe seeing him dragged away in handcuffs.

I do not HATE the president. I just want him and his minions to go away....far away.

bananadance.gif

Your score is 6 on a scale of 1 to 10. You're not the biggest fan of President Bush, but you think he has done a decent job as president. You may disagree with him on a lot of issues - and some facts you'd just as soon ignore - but he's the president, and you're willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

First off, I would like to add this poll is incredibly biased to get answers from either an extreme leftist position or a far right position. Hardly any of the answers took a more middle ground approach so I answered the best I could.

And this post was directed at Billo's survey.

Back
Top Bottom