• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What are gas prices like where you are ?

Tender Branson

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Here in Austria, they went from 1,40€ per liter to 2 to 2,30€ per liter since the start of the year.

In US terms, they are now at 9 to 10$ per gallon.

Some Vienna gas stations already charge 2.50€ per liter, which is more than 10$ the gallon.

Here in Austria, they went from 1,40€ per liter to 2 to 2,30€ per liter since the start of the year.

Some Vienna gas stations already charge 2.50€ per liter, which is more than 10$ the gallon.
Here, west coast of Canada, we've the highest prices in North America, $2.00/litre, Canadian bucks. Translates to about $6 American per US gallon.

$4.45/gal west of Boston today

$4.29 in North Georgia

Despite gas prices having gone from 7$ gallon to 10$ gallon here, the Austrian Greens (in government right now) still want to keep adding a 10 cent tax on gas this summer.

This was passed into law with the Conservatives last fall, as part of a climate change law to decarbonize the country. People will get the additional tax back as part of a climate bonus.

Some within the Conservative ÖVP (business branch) want to delay the additional tax now, but as the law was already passed, this is impossible.

Paid $4.79/g for premium over the weekend. Regular is right around $4 most places.

West TN, $4/gallon yesterday. I feel for those who live paycheck to paycheck.

CO - $3.89 reg, $4.14 midgrade.

Northwest Denver suburbs

Last edited:
$4.39
$4.45
$4.67

Diesel is at $5.09

New Jersey (South)

Just about 4 bucks in Eastern Washington.

This site is pretty handy: https://www.gasbuddy.com/gaspricemap?lat=38.822395&lng=-96.591588&z=4

Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 1.17.40 PM.png

$3.70 (regular) South Denver suburbs

Last edited:
Filled up for the first time in a long time today and it was just over 4$.

$4.25/gallon for regular in central Indiana

Its around $4.05 today.

I fill up maybe once every 3 weeks and I get about 28 mpg on old ass used car.

High, relatively. Pretty much everything's like a family reunion.

Its around $4.05 today.

I fill up maybe once every 3 weeks and I get about 28 mpg on old ass used car.

28's not bad at all. What car? We could do so much better with electric and aerodynamics.

I'll be honest, I've never once cared about gas prices, even when I was poor. Some people clip coupons and get all worked up about saving a buck, and some just do broad strokes. I'd never say that as a politician, like I said, I'm being honest. It is what it is... I'd rather cook a few more beans and rice meals than worry about prices obsessively, or god forbid, drive around to try and get the best price.

$4.11 for regular Albuquerque NM . My car takes premiums, that's going to be over $5. Haven't had to fill up yet, close. I can afford it fortunately

$7.42 or €6.86. The government here voted this morning to reduce the excise on petrol (gas) to combat the surging price.

If you drive a small/mid size car instead of an 8cyl truck to commute and get your groceries, the price of gas is almost irrelevant in terms of real impact. Gas price just shot up.... Hmmmm. I'll buy one or two less Starbucks each week. Driving a v8 truck? Trade it in for a 2l Honda etc and gas is suddenly 'half the cost' again. Pretty much what the rest of the world has been doing for decades.

That's darn tootin gas mileage for a minivan, mannnn.
Its literally the mini-iest of minivans. Its on a mazda 3 chasis.

Back
Top Bottom