• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What are Con's so afraid of?

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
Schiavo was a non-issue.

When you have Frist diagnosing people via videotape and Bush flying in from the ranch to sign legistlation, it's an issue. Families and doctors deal with end of life issues every day, the American people don't want the neo-con men making those decisions for them - it's a Matrix scenario run amok.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
Stem Cell Research. Yeah, I can see how the left doesn't want any discussion of morals in the elections.

I don't know what you're talking about here. Certainly the people are with the Dems here. Why discard embryos from fertilzation clinics like we currently do? That's ludicrous. Treasue life, and let those soon to be discarded embryos give the potential for a better quality of life to another human being.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
Intelligent Design is an issue supported by fringe lunatics, nothing more.
If you call Rick Santorum et.al the lunatic fringe - God bless you!

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
Katrina....the only thing the government did wrong was the previous 100 years of disaster response. I was totally satisfied with the outcome.

I'll let your lack of compassion speak for itself. It represents the ownership society - i.e. "You're on your own."

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
Abramoff. I kinda suspect the Democrats don't want to point the finger too vigorously at any hint of Republican corruption. They're just different maggots on the same pile of ****, after all.

Whether the numbers end up being 100/0, 90/10 or 80/20, this is predominantly a Republican scandal. I'll grant you that if the Dems had absolute power, like the GOP currently does, with little or no checks and balances, we would probably be seeing absolute power corrupting the Dems as it has in the past. It's a fickle world out there .

March 7, the Delay primary is just around the bend. Let's see how close that one is.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
Iraq War. The administration hasn't done a good job of selling it, and like every conflict the plans never survive contact with the enemy. The real issue on this will be what the candidates propose to do.

You can't polish a turd. This is mostly a Bush mess for him to clean up. Spending billions of dollars on more pr isn't going to help, and it's certainly not going to bring back the dead.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
Eight terabucks of debt is a complication, though it doesn't work out to that much money per capita, and as a fraction of GDP it's manageable, but it's not something we should be growing. Again, though, the question for the future will be which programs do each candidate propose to eliminate.

This administration is spending like a drunken sailor. Fiscal responsibility used to be a hallmark that I admired in conservatives. No more.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
Don't look for the whiny answers from the candidates, demand that each party give concrete proposals. Then ignore what they say because you know they're lying anyway, and vote Libertarian.

That's pretty cynical. In all seriousness, I would like the Libertarians to take greater control of the GOP. Good luck! That's a win/win for the country compared to the religious right's current stronghold on the party.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
You said:

"The dems cower to thier mistakes while the repubs bring out the big guns with thier hairy balls and arrogantly claim to have made no error."

That's a clear indication that you weren't conscious during the Clinton years. That's not an ad hominem attack, it's a simple statement of fact.

You must have slept through the "I didn't have sex with that woman....Miss Lewinski" skit.
Actually its a clear indication of your cluelessness. You're reference to the Lewinski ordeal has absolutely nothing to do with the argument I've made.

hipsterdufus said:
I don't know what you're talking about here. Certainly the people are with the Dems here. Why discard embryos from fertilzation clinics like we currently do? That's ludicrous. Treasue life, and let those soon to be discarded embryos give the potential for a better quality of life to another human being.

nice of you to wear your ignorance on your sleeve
Bush, as am I, is Against GOVERNMENT FUNDED Embryonic stem cell research
it goes on all day long, and twice on sunday, in the private sector
govt shouldnt fund this or abortion
Private sector is much better equiped to do this
and while I am not convinced any Embryonic stem cell research is justifiable, since it has had no positive results, unlike plain old stem cell research
it would be nice if you, and the million other drones, had your facts straight

All stem cells are currently being researched
ONLY Embryonic stem Cells being government funded is being opposed

DeeJayH said:
and while I am not convinced any Embryonic stem cell research is justifiable, since it has had no positive results, unlike plain old stem cell research

I understand your point of view, but you're definitely in the minority on this one. California, with Prop 71 voted to spend billions on ESCR, but the $ is tied up in lawsuits. ESCR has the potential to be the cure of the 21st century. I've seen cells that function like hearts, each one beating on its own, that could theoretically reverse America's #1 killer heart disease. I've seen mice that couldn't walk, do just that after a treatment with ESC.

With the handcuffs on, hospitals have to waste time and money duplicating services and facilities because Bush won't fund research into new stem cell lines, while in the same hospital, the embryos from fertility treatments are discarded as trash.

Meanwhile, people are dying. It's as simple as that.

DeeJayH said:

I see you are then one of those that can not distinguish between a cell and an actual human being, prolife to the point of fanaticism?
You should stop cutting your hair then.

The entire ban on governmentally funded stem cell research is in itself a violation of the first amendment of the US constitution, as the ban is clearly reflective of a resepct of a religious institution.

Last edited:
jfuh said:
Actually its a clear indication of your cluelessness. You're reference to the Lewinski ordeal has absolutely nothing to do with the argument I've made.

One of us doesn't have a clue, that's a fact. And I wasn't in a coma during the '90's, so I know which of us has the problem.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
One of us doesn't have a clue, that's a fact. And I wasn't in a coma during the '90's, so I know which of us has the problem.
More ad hominen? wow can you ever make any argument?
It's getting pretty lame akhbar. Should really dispense with the person attack on me just because I showed you to be a pathological liar.

hipsterdufus said:
I understand your point of view, but you're definitely in the minority on this one. California, with Prop 71 voted to spend billions on ESCR, but the $ is tied up in lawsuits. ESCR has the potential to be the cure of the 21st century. I've seen cells that function like hearts, each one beating on its own, that could theoretically reverse America's #1 killer heart disease. I've seen mice that couldn't walk, do just that after a treatment with ESC.

With the handcuffs on, hospitals have to waste time and money duplicating services and facilities because Bush won't fund research into new stem cell lines, while in the same hospital, the embryos from fertility treatments are discarded as trash.

Meanwhile, people are dying. It's as simple as that.

The only thing that proves is that California is full of damn stupid fools. They're my neighbors. They even freak out when a drop of water falls from the sky. That idiot bond issue was passed when the state was approaching financial ruin.

Embryonic stem cell research has produced...totally nothing in terms of practical applications to date. Why the hell is any government agency financing this? The most perfect evidence that can be shown for the emptiness of the future of ESCR is the noticeable lack of venture capital. It's certainly not flowing there.

Oh, and needless to say, an American ban on ESCR isn't stopping any such research. But...naturally, it's a dry well in the countries where it's being financed by other governments, too.

I remember when the liberals wanted the US to finance HDTV to stay ahead of the Japs. The government didn't get involved, and TV technology progressed without the Japs anyway.

Amazing thing, capitalism.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
The only thing that proves is that California is full of damn stupid fools. They're my neighbors. They even freak out when a drop of water falls from the sky. That idiot bond issue was passed when the state was approaching financial ruin.
Is there an actual argument or rebuttle some where in here?

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
Embryonic stem cell research has produced...totally nothing in terms of practical applications to date. Why the hell is any government agency financing this? The most perfect evidence that can be shown for the emptiness of the future of ESCR is the noticeable lack of venture capital. It's certainly not flowing there.
This coming from some one who claims to be knowledgable of science? Ever work in R&D akhbar, things don't just pop out you know.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
Oh, and needless to say, an American ban on ESCR isn't stopping any such research. But...naturally, it's a dry well in the countries where it's being financed by other governments, too.
source?
I remember when the liberals wanted the US to finance HDTV to stay ahead of the Japs. The government didn't get involved, and TV technology progressed without the Japs anyway.

Amazing thing, capitalism.[/QUOTE]

jfuh said:
I see you are then one of those that can not distinguish between a cell and an actual human being, prolife to the point of fanaticism?
You should stop cutting your hair then.

The entire ban on governmentally funded stem cell research is in itself a violation of the first amendment of the US constitution, as the ban is clearly reflective of a resepct of a religious institution.

SCR has a track record of results
ESCR does not
if it did, venture capitalists would be funding it with tons of cash
but they dont like throwing good money after bad

Scarecrow Akhbar said:

And now the TVs are made overseas. Good jobs for them!

DeeJayH said:
SCR has a track record of results
ESCR does not
if it did, venture capitalists would be funding it with tons of cash
but they dont like throwing good money after bad
The only reason that ESCR does not have a good track record in the US is only because of the rediculous and religious implications that arrise when scientist attempt to study. Animal testing (cruel but often neccesary) is protested enough by animal rights activists, the protocols are rediculous.
Keep the religion out of the science.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:

Amazing thing, capitalism.
Quite possibly the very reason that all the HDTV sets and cameras are made in Japan now.
Yes capitalism is quite amazing, you either stay ahead of the game, or you get out of the way.

hipsterdufus said:
And now the TVs are made overseas. Good jobs for them!

TV's were made overseas before HDTV, too. All that's happened is that Americans have their TV, and the taxpayers didn't have to pay for it.

jfuh said:
The only reason that ESCR does not have a good track record in the US

Which is irrelevant and beside the point, since ESCR doesn't have a good track record.

Period.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
Which is irrelevant and beside the point, since ESCR doesn't have a good track record.

Period.
Sorry, I don't debate science with people completely ignorant of it.

jfuh said:

Yeah, you doing that would be like two virgins trying to figure out what to do.

I wasn't debating you. I was casting pearls before swine.

jfuh said:

When you find people like that: anti-science, gaybashers, racists, sexists, etc. You know the type. It's better, I think, to just MoveOn.

Sometimes it's as if I meet the Archons. They say "You are not of the body"

I MoveOn.

archons.jpg

hipsterdufus said:
When you find people like that: anti-science, gaybashers, racists, sexists, etc. You know the type. It's better, I think, to just MoveOn.

Sometimes it's as if I meet the Archons. They say "You are not of the body"

I MoveOn.

archons.jpg
:shock: ......
:think:
:2rofll:

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
TV's were made overseas before HDTV, too. All that's happened is that Americans have their TV, and the taxpayers didn't have to pay for it.

I have a huge widescreen sony plasma, it just quality wise outperform the other American brands sadly..

Synch said:
I have a huge widescreen sony plasma, it just quality wise outperform the other American brands sadly..
There're american brand HDTV's?

Cons are "afraid" of anarchy.
Libs are "afraid" of fascism.

GySgt said:

Dr. Laurence Britt's article "The 14 characteristics of facism" definitely hit home in the progressive community. If you accept his premise that the characteristics listed below are indeed indicative of facism, then we are rightly alarmed. Personally, I don't think America is a facist state, but we are closer to one than ever before, and need to be vigilent in our pursuit to protect our freedom.

So many Americans are absolutely willing to gleefully give up their civil rights without thinking twice about it in the vain attempt to reach absolute security.

The 14 Caracteristics of Facism:

1. Powerful and continuing expressions of nationalism.
2. Disdain for the importance of human rights.
3. Identification of enemies/scapegoats as a unifying cause.
4. The supremacy of the military/avid militarism.
5. Rampant sexism.
6. A controlled mass media.
7. Obsession with national security.
8. Religion and ruling elite tied together.
9. Power of corporations protected.
10. Power of labour suppressed or eliminated.
11. Disdain and suppression of intellectuals and the arts.
12. Obsession with crime and punishment.
13. Rampant cronyism and corruption.
14. Fraudulent elections.

http://www.rinf.com/columnists/news/the-14-characteristics-of-fascism

hipsterdufus said:
So many Americans are absolutely willing to gleefully give up their civil rights without thinking twice about it in the vain attempt to reach absolute security.

Classic. And such paranoia directly after my post. I say again....

hipsterdufus said:
Dr. Laurence Britt's article "The 14 characteristics of facism" definitely hit home in the progressive community. If you accept his premise that the characteristics listed below are indeed indicative of facism, then we are rightly alarmed. Personally, I don't think America is a facist state, but we are closer to one than ever before, and need to be vigilent in our pursuit to protect our freedom.

http://www.rinf.com/columnists/news/the-14-characteristics-of-fascism

That would be good if it wasn't for the fact that those aren't defining characteristics of Fascism at all those were some random characteristics created by some left wing nut made up in attempt to label the fringe lefts perception (albeit blatantly false and distorted perception) of the Bush administration as Fascist. Nice try but I actually study this stuff.

Here's a picture from a cite on that paper lmfao what a god damn joke Hipster get real:

Attachments

• FASCISM_NOT_US.jpg
    FASCISM_NOT_US.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom