• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What are atheist values?

Oh, sure it does. They've been looking for aliens for decades but so far they're still just imaginary beings.

Science has been looking for other forms of life, some of which may be able to communicate with us. They are looking for evidence of this, not imagining aliens at all.

Science has been looking for other forms of life, some of which may be able to communicate with us. They are looking for evidence of this, not imagining aliens at all.

Until they find them, they're just as unreal as wood fairies and leprechauns.

Simply not true. Scientists are fully aware that since life has occurred on this little lonely outback planet, that the conditions and means for life elsewhere in the vast universe is indeed a scientific possibility. That is quite different from myths established by humans like wood fairies, Santa Claus, and God.

Simply not true. Scientists are fully aware that since life has occurred on this little lonely outback planet, that the conditions and means for life elsewhere in the vast universe is indeed a scientific possibility. That is quite different from myths established by humans like wood fairies, Santa Claus, and God.

Granted, aliens do seem much more probable, though I don't see how they could travel the great distances between solar systems. I don't believe in witches, Santa, elves, ghosts, or other supernatural beings, just God because of a few definitive events. I don't expect others without these experiences to believe, it would take blind faith or fervent hope.

Last edited:
We'll never find evidence of intelligent life elsewhere because if they are advanced and smart enough they'll stay away and never let themselves be known. A point that has been made times before. If they come here it would be because they want something and that won't be good for us.

We'll never find evidence of intelligent life elsewhere because if they are advanced and smart enough they'll stay away and never let themselves be known. A point that has been made times before. If they come here it would be because they want something and that won't be good for us.

I don't believe any race advanced enough to travel that far needs anything a thousand other M-class planets closer by can't provide. Besides, with advanced intellect comes superior ethics.

Not at all. There is a possibility of physical life elsewhere in the universe. Fairies and leprechauns are imaginary beings that come from man's imagination. That is why the former is a legitimate scientific interest and the latter is not.

I don't believe any race advanced enough to travel that far needs anything a thousand other M-class planets closer by can't provide. Besides, with advanced intellect comes superior ethics.

There is no evidence that advanced intellect leads to superior ethics.

Back
Top Bottom