• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Anti-Semitism Really Means[W:110]

LowDown

Curmudgeon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Stanford students sometimes seem to think that their intelligence is a bubble protecting them from idiocy. But as we learned again at the ASSU Senate meeting on Tuesday night, anti-Semitism, though stupid, is not the sole provenance of stupid people.

Many of today’s college students may feel confident that anti-Semitism died with Hitler. But the Oxford University Labour Club’s co-chair recently resigned to protest raging anti-Semitism on campus, and Stanford is not immune from stupid statements and prejudiced words. For Jews, anti-Semitism is terrifyingly real. And it came to a head at Stanford on Wednesday night.

Crude anti-Semitism is all the rage in academe these days. This is a case in point. We used to boggle at the stupidity of Nazi 'race science', but now it has found a home here in America. We should be ashamed and alarmed.

Re: What Anti-Semitism Really Means

Crude anti-Semitism is all the rage in academe these days. This is a case in point. We used to boggle at the stupidity of Nazi 'race science', but now it has found a home here in America. We should be ashamed and alarmed.

Umm...you forgot to post a link to your citation and at least some statement of what occurred at Stanford "ASSU meeting on Tuesday night" demonstrating anti-Semitism.

It's not like everyone follows the actions of Stanford's Student Union religiously for breaking world news. :coffeepap:

Last edited:

I've never seen a thread begin with so little context and source material.

First, we need a clarification of terms. An anti-Semite is a goy, usually but not necessarily a Christian, who dares to utter any criticism, however slight, of the Jews. Another good definition is that an anti-Semite is a goy who is aware that the Jews hate his people.

Now, it's never really possible (or even desirable to the Jews) to eliminate "anti-semitism" because people will always slip up and forget to grovel when appropriate, such is the nature of political correctness. Of course, this actually benefits the Jewish victim hood racket, since it allows them (and their lackeys, dumb goy do most of the brunt work in enforcing Jew-worship) to create this sense of constant paranoia, as you are doing now.

First, we need a clarification of terms. An anti-Semite is a goy, usually but not necessarily a Christian, who dares to utter any criticism, however slight, of the Jews. Another good definition is that an anti-Semite is a goy who is aware that the Jews hate his people.

Now, it's never really possible (or even desirable to the Jews) to eliminate "anti-semitism" because people will always slip up and forget to grovel when appropriate, such is the nature of political correctness. Of course, this actually benefits the Jewish victim hood racket, since it allows them (and their lackeys, dumb goy do most of the brunt work in enforcing Jew-worship) to create this sense of constant paranoia, as you are doing now.

Y'know, you can't just make up false definitions to suit your agenda. Anti-Semitism means bigotry and hatred. You can own the title of "proud anti-Semite" if you want, but you don't get to make up what real words actually mean.

Last edited:

Y'know, you can't just make up false definitions to suit your agenda. Anti

My definition is basically correct, in terms of how the term is actually used in public discourse.

Umm...you forgot to post a link to your citation and at least some statement of what occurred at Stanford "ASSU meeting on Tuesday night" demonstrating anti-Semitism.

It's not like everyone follows the actions of Stanford's Student Union religiously for breaking world news. :coffeepap:

I've never seen a thread begin with so little context and source material.

It is a general discussion subject and an interesting one at that.

As for the topic...
anti semitism has existed for ages and for various reasons. Some are just fads that come and go. When enough peers are pro _______, one can't possibly be against it.
Some of it is generational. Parents and grands regurgitate the same old bigotry until it becomes ingrained.
As for the rest, it has probably more to do with ignorance than anything. We love to overgeneralize.

"But on the topic of so-called Jewish domination, I fail to see how any of these points cannot also be raised about any demographic group that is financially and culturally successful. The Jewish domination argument ports almost directly to the old Anglo-Saxon establishment. And are we supposed to complain now that Chinese- and Indian-Americans find lots of jobs in Silicon Valley? So why are Jews singled out? Anti-Semites feel that it’s OK to pin the charge of world domination on Jews because there are plenty of Anglo-Saxons and Asians, and not very many Jews. The Jew is an easy target. Jews always have been."

Indeed, an interesting article. Thanks for the link.

My definition is basically correct, in terms of how the term is actually used in public discourse.

Your definition is a complete lie.

Living up to that CT, I see.

That's the funny part, isn't it? He sounds just like the hateful anti-Semite he labels himself as but then, oddly, denies what he claims he proudly is. You gotta love the internet.

Your definition is a complete lie.

"You're wrong" is not an argument.

Yes, I do utter criticisms of the Jews. The way people respond when I do so proves the point, it's not possible to utter any criticism of the Jews without being called an anti-Semite.

Yes, I do utter criticisms of the Jews. The way people respond when I do so proves the point, it's not possible to utter any criticism of the Jews without being called an anti-Semite.

It's always interesting (and horrifying) to see anti-Semitic Christians.

It's always interesting (and horrifying) to see anti-Semitic Christians.

Christianity by its very nature is "anti-semitic", because it calls for the Jews to cease to reject Christ, and embrace his truth.

Christianity by its very nature is "anti-semitic", because it calls for the Jews to cease to reject Christ, and embrace his truth.

You speak for no "Christian" but yourself. Don't even presume to speak for me.

You have a funny idea of what anti-Semitic is and what scripture calls for -- hint, it's not Antisemitism.

Anti-Semitism is essentially "Racist/Prejudice/Bigotry Against Jews". It's not really different than racism/prejudice/bigory against any other race/group/religion/group of people, but it simply has a specific name for it.

It's not necessarily the most accurate word when taken literally, much like homophobia, but the intent and colloquial meaning of the word is obvious and an accurate one.

"You're wrong" is a statement of fact. Defining an anti-Semite as "a goy who is aware that the Jews hate his people" is, to be charitable, not correct.

"The Jews" this, and "the Jews" that assumes that...oh, never mind.

You speak for no "Christian" but yourself. Don't even presume to speak for me.

I would never presume to speak for you.

You have a funny idea of what anti-Semitic is and what scripture calls for -- hint, it's not Antisemitism.

I get what anti-semitic is, it's any criticism, however slight, of the Jews.

Christ himself said much harsher things about the Jews than I ever have.

Your definition shows complete ignorance of the original definition.

I'm not one for word retrieval. While it might be possible to construct some meaning of racism, anti-semitism, etc that refers to something actually bad, there's no point.

"You're wrong" is a statement of fact. Defining an anti-Semite as "a goy who is aware that the Jews hate his people" is, to be charitable, not correct.

"The Jews" this, and "the Jews" that assumes that...oh, never mind.

Would you consider the statement "The Jews hate white people" anti-semitic?

Anti-Semitism is essentially "Racist/Prejudice/Bigotry Against Jews". It's not really different than racism/prejudice/bigory against any other race/group/religion/group of people, but it simply has a specific name for it.

It's not necessarily the most accurate word when taken literally, much like homophobia, but the intent and colloquial meaning of the word is obvious and an accurate one.

And this is what confuses me about this whole thing. I went to the source Justabubba supplied(thanks bubba!), and was thoroughly confused, so I went to their source(ASSU Senate Erupts In Anti-Semitism Debate – The Stanford Review) and it references such things as the 3 D's: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3D_Test_of_Antisemitism). And the more I read, the more confused I get on the whole thing. Why is your definition, which seems like the common sense definition, not sufficient? I admit I an sorely lacking in caffeine at the moment, but that does not completely explain my confusion.

Back
Top Bottom