• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Anti-Semitism Really Means[W:110]

Re: What Anti-Semitism Really Means

Christianity by its very nature is "anti-semitic", because it calls for the Jews to cease to reject Christ, and embrace his truth.
Whatever strange church you might be attending, it doesn't speak for Christianity.

I would never presume to speak for you.

I get what anti-semitic is, it's any criticism, however slight, of the Jews.

Christ himself said much harsher things about the Jews than I ever have.

I'm not one for word retrieval. While it might be possible to construct some meaning of racism, anti-semitism, etc that refers to something actually bad, there's no point.

Would you consider the statement "The Jews hate white people" anti-semitic?

Word retrieval?

No.

It was coined with a VERY CLEAR meaning.

A meaning that anti-semitic folks try to ignore and/or alter.

And this is what confuses me about this whole thing. I went to the source Justabubba supplied(thanks bubba!), and was thoroughly confused, so I went to their source(ASSU Senate Erupts In Anti-Semitism Debate – The Stanford Review) and it references such things as the 3 D's: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3D_Test_of_Antisemitism). And the more I read, the more confused I get on the whole thing. Why is your definition, which seems like the common sense definition, not sufficient? I admit I an sorely lacking in caffeine at the moment, but that does not completely explain my confusion.

I admit, my understanding on these things is not as advance as some, but my quick take...

Squares and Rectangles.

All illegitimate criticism of Israel is considered Anti-Semitism, but not all Anti-Semitism is considered illegitimate criticism of Israel.

The 3D test seems to not be a way to test for anti-Semitism in general, but specifically as it relates to criticism of Israel.

The term anti-semitism was phrased some time in the mid 1800s in Germany to replace the Judenhass (hatred of Jews) that had found common usage until then.

Basically a lame attempt at introducing something of supposed sophistication to make the whole thing sound less aggressive and less despicable.

None of which ever took away anything from the simple fact that Jew hatred and anti-semitism are the same.

Depends on location.

Ethiopian Jews for example.

But some of them are. Which makes the statement not only anti-semitic (discrimination against Jews as a religious, ethnic, or racial group) but also false.

I admit, my understanding on these things is not as advance as some, but my quick take...

Squares and Rectangles.

All illegitimate criticism of Israel is considered Anti-Semitism, but not all Anti-Semitism is considered illegitimate criticism of Israel.

The 3D test seems to not be a way to test for anti-Semitism in general, but specifically as it relates to criticism of Israel.

And again this makes zero sense to me. Israel is a country. While criticism of Israel may be because of anti-semitism, it is not anti-semitism itself(unless it specifically focuses Jewishness somehow, which I suppose is possible and now I am getting a headache). And just because an argument is a stupid argument does not make it anti-semitism. And why is Stanford worried about this?

This whole thing is like a scab I can't stop picking now. Somehow, I am lacking context to even understand what the debate is, and yet I can't stop picking away at it trying to understand. And yet every time I get more information, I end up more confused.

Aren't a lot of jewish people white ?

I don't consider Jews white.

Whatever strange church you might be attending, it doesn't speak for Christianity.

You silly Protestant, Jesus himself gave authority to the Catholic Church. It speaks for Christianity.

Word retrieval?

No.

It was coined with a VERY CLEAR meaning.

A meaning that anti-semitic folks try to ignore and/or alter.

I agree that the meaning is very clear:

Any criticism, however slight, of Jews.

Squares and Rectangles.

It was principally a useless exercise even in the days when being critical of Israel was termed "anti-Zionism" (still in use today by those wishing to make the distinction).

But with that term one bashes oneself in the head just as much, seeing how Zionism is (was) not only about the creation of a Jewish homeland but also about maintaining it.

So being anti-Zionist is propagating to end that homeland's existence and we're all back to square one.

As such, so as to leave the ever-tightening circles of useless sophistry, I'd second your original definition and carry it.

Well, that comes as no surprise. It's also as irrelevant as color is anyway.
You silly Protestant,
You have no idea
Jesus himself gave authority to the Catholic Church. It speaks for Christianity.
There was no Catholic Church in Jesus' lifetime that he could have given any authority to.

You silly Protestant, Jesus himself gave authority to the Catholic Church. It speaks for Christianity.

I agree that the meaning is very clear:

Any criticism, however slight, of Jews.

Intentional ignorance of the definition is noted.

I can't wrap my mind around that. Judaism is a religion. Do you need to have a certain skin color to be jewish ?

jew-feldman.jpg

Is this person not white ?
I don't understand you Paleocon, please enlighten me.

The term anti-semitism was phrased some time in the mid 1800s in Germany to replace the Judenhass (hatred of Jews) that had found common usage until then.

Basically a lame attempt at introducing something of supposed sophistication to make the whole thing sound less aggressive and less despicable.

None of which ever took away anything from the simple fact that Jew hatred and anti-semitism are the same.

Bingo

There was no Catholic Church in Jesus' lifetime that he could have given any authority to.

"I say unto you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my Church"

I can't wrap my mind around that. Judaism is a religion. Do you need to have a certain skin color to be jewish ?

View attachment 67199964

In what sense is it useful (for sociological analysis or anything else) to consider Jews white?

View attachment 67199964

I suspect it all founds on the inability to spell "Untermensch".

"I say unto you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my Church"..................
CATHOLIC

You even know date of its first usage let alone what that means?

In what sense is it useful (for sociological analysis or anything else) to consider Jews white?

It's not at all. It's pointless. You're the one who asked :

- Is saying that Jews hate white people anti-semitic ?
- I don't consider Jews to be white

You brought the skin color into play. I just thought it was bizarre you would consider a religion to be a specific color.

CATHOLIC

You even know date of its first usage let alone what that means?

ca 100 AD

Means "universal", because the Church is intended for all people to join. Used to distinguish the Catholics from the Gnostic heretics, who believed in secret mysticism reserved for a few.

It's not at all. It's pointless.

Exactly. Considering Jews as being different from whites is superior as a means of sociological analysis.

"You're wrong" is not an argument.

It is when you are wrong. There is no other way to say it.

Christianity by its very nature is "anti-semitic", because it calls for the Jews to cease to reject Christ, and embrace his truth.

How can you be Christian and reject your savior? It doesn't make sense.

First, we need a clarification of terms. An anti-Semite is a goy, usually but not necessarily a Christian, who dares to utter any criticism, however slight, of the Jews. Another good definition is that an anti-Semite is a goy who is aware that the Jews hate his people.

Now, it's never really possible (or even desirable to the Jews) to eliminate "anti-semitism" because people will always slip up and forget to grovel when appropriate, such is the nature of political correctness. Of course, this actually benefits the Jewish victim hood racket, since it allows them (and their lackeys, dumb goy do most of the brunt work in enforcing Jew-worship) to create this sense of constant paranoia, as you are doing now.

I thought both Arabs and Jews were Semites.

................ Jesus himself gave authority to the Catholic Church..................

ca 100 AD
so.....not while on this earth. Thus, presumably, from the heavens.

Means "universal", because the Church is intended for all people to join. Used to distinguish the Catholics from the Gnostic heretics, who believed in secret mysticism reserved for a few.
gnosticism was an exclusive club reserved for only some?

Care to elaborate?

How can you be Christian and reject your savior? It doesn't make sense.

I'm not sure what you're going on about. The Jews reject the savior, I as a Christian accept him.

I thought both Arabs and Jews were Semites.

Perhaps. But "anti-semite" refers to a persons's attitude toward Jews specifically.

Back
Top Bottom