• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What American Schools Should Teach About Race, Racism and Slavery

None of that is thanks to the racists and dwplorables who tried to keep black people down. In fact much of that is due to the hard work of black american heroes in the face of racist adversity. Try as you might you're never going to rehabilitate the images of your racist heroes who are finally getting their just place in the dust bin of history. 😂
ok you win. almost no progress has been made. America is a living hell for black people.

It's still hard for them to rise up much, though the barriers are largely gone. Most of the poorer neighborhoods have a majority of black residents and nothing is being done to change that.
ok you win. almost no progress has been made. America is a living hell for black people.

Yes, you can tell by the way America treats transgender Americans. Or undocumented children. You found one professor to call a book racist. Maybe you should read it and gain some perspective.
ok you win. almost no progress has been made. America is a living hell for anybody other than straight white males.

WE had a black President and likely soon another one.
Economic and political opportunities abound for black people. Again, overwhelming evidence.

You seem to live in some alternate reality regarding systematic opportunities or perhaps more accurately - a sheltered reality.

The U.S. economy was built on the exploitation and occupational segregation of people of color. While many government policies and institutional practices helped create this system, the legacies of slavery, Jim Crow, and the New Deal—as well as the limited funding and scope of anti-discrimination agencies—are some of the biggest contributors to inequality in America. Together, these policy decisions concentrated workers of color in chronically undervalued occupations, institutionalized racial disparities in wages and benefits, and perpetuated employment discrimination. As a result, stark and persistent racial disparities exist in jobs, wages, benefits, and almost every other measure of economic well-being.

That's why you will continue to lose cultural significance, you think people have to settle for your false choices. Black progress has come in spite of racists and bigots, not because of them. We can acknowledge progress without believing any of it is thanks to the brilliance or benevolence of slavers, segregationists or modern day deplorables.

All or nothing, heaven or hell, black or white.

I'd say just the opposite. I asserted that progress has been made. The 3 respondents didn't want to hear it.

I'd say just the opposite. I asserted that progress has been made. The 3 respondents didn't want to hear it.
It's white wingers who can't bear to acknowledge the fact that Americans today would rather thank revolutionaries like Harriet Tubman and religious leaders and scholars like Martin Luther King Jr. for progress and liberties enjoyed by Americans today rather than the racist slavers you call heroes. 🥺😂

. We can acknowledge progress without believing any of it is thanks to the brilliance or benevolence of slavers, segregationists or modern day deplorables.
Of course nobody ever asserted any such thing.

#SILLY #STRAWMAN

I guess that's why a black guy watching birds gets the police called on him with threats of "I'm going to tell them there's an African American man threatening my life!!" because he was just being treating so very well in this country. GTFOH

Not a good example. He was treated bad by one person - not by this country. She lost her job and was charged with a crime for what she did.

Let me narrow it down a bit. Racists and their apologists often attempt to deflect from slavery with "well, their descendants are here now, they're not slaves anymore, and this is the best country!"

No. Slavery was, is, and always will be repugnant.

So how do the British deflect from George III?
Yes-- slavery happened. It was repugnant. And it no longer exists.

You ignored the part of my post which is inconvenient to your deflection.

If you agree, then what's your beef with teaching kids that slavery and slavers like Washington were repugnant?

Back
Top Bottom