- I believe in personal responsibility.
- I believe law abiding citizens should have the right to keep and bear arms
- I believe the government should have no rule over an adult person's private life - IE whom they marry or if they choose to end an unwanted pregnancy
- I believe that people will sometimes need a hand to get back on their feet; but also believe that should have it's limits - teach a man to fish.............
- I believe everyone should pay their own way
- I believe it's my responsibility to teach my children about certain things and that it's not the public school systems job - IE birth control
- I believe there is a place for religion, but schools aren't it
- I believe science to be a significant part of who we are and that it should be stressed in schools, along with mathematics
- I believe the United States should NOT be the worlds police force
- I believe the public school system as we know it, should be overhauled
- I believe we need election reform
- I believe a flat tax would be more beneficial to all and would be the fairest tax
- I believe we are responsible for the debt we have left for our children and for our children's children - it's up to us to do something about that - now
- I believe people should plan for their OWN retirement and should not be forced to pay into a failing plan
- I believe all bills should stand on their own and should not be weighed down with riders
- I believe in term limits for ALL elected governmental representatives
1. I too believe in personal responsibility
2. I also strongly support our 2nd Amendment rights
3. I believe that marriage is traditionally a religious institution, not a government institution - that being said, same-sex marriages don't really bother me, in my spiritual/religious view it's wrong, but the govt. shouldn't interfere
4. I believe that aborting an unwanted fetus is equivalent to murder.
5. I believe in limited entitlements as well - FDR had the right idea, but WAY too many people qualify now and collect for WAY too long. We need too fix intergenerational welfare.
6. I believe that if people are able to work, they should be required to "pay their own way".
7. I believe that parents should be more responsible and involved with their children and then it wouldn't be left up too the schools too teach kids about things like birth control.
8. I also strongly support religious freedom/toleration and agree that public schools are no place to promote a particular religion/religious practive: however, I feel that the "free exercise clause" applies beyond the schoolhouse door as well.
9. I also believe that schools should focus more on a science/math-based curriculum. 30 years of back-sliding toward mediocrity in math and the hard Sciencies is quite long enough.
10. I believe that the United States should have the right to "police" other areas of the world IF our own economic, miltary, or national security interests are being threatened.
11. I support an educational voucher system - bring education into the free-market system and let the competition for "customers" drive innovation, improvement and efficiency
12. I believe we should scrap the Electoral College
13. I believe that a National Consumption tax would be more beneficial and "fairest" to all.
14. I have no problem with running a relatively high Federal deficit when the economic situation warrants it. FDR did it successfully (with a little luck and a World War to help things out :lol
There's always going to be someone out there willing to buy up public debt and the Chinese seem to be pretty good at handling their investments :mrgreen:
15. I also believe in a "government-organized" retirement plan giving the individual an option to invest in the private market. Social Security has quite simply outlived its viability and effectiveness.
16. I also agree with you own Congressional bills - get rid of "riders" and you get rid of all the PORK!
17. I'm with you on term limits as well.
Well, I don't know what this makes me, but there it is :shrug:
Is there such a thing as 'right' and 'left' or is it all in our perception based on a few core beliefs?
Yes, I believe that there is. I do, however, believe that most people are not completely on the Right or completely on the Left but depending on the issue, all over the spectrum. I have met very few people who appear to be ENTIRELY liberal or conservative on ALL issues (ie. politically, fiscally, morally, spiritually, etc.) :shrug: