• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Accents do You Find Most Pleasent?

What Continent's Accents do you generally find pleasent?

• Total voters
Where are you from? What accent do you have? What accent sounds nicest to you? There are so many accents all over the world, so the actual poll will be about Continents.

As for me, I was born and raised down south, but I actually don't have too much of a Southern accent, but I do talk southern, so...:shrug:

I like British aceents, they are very pretty. (Julie Andrews's dialect) I like Scottish and Austailian and Canadian and Arabic and some Indian and Asian, and African (I think Kenya.)

What about y'all?

Irish...................

I really like to listen to someone with an Irish or Australian accent. As for not liking, gonna have to go with the New Jersey/Boston accent. Also surprised some people like southern drawl (which i guess is a good thing since i have it really bad :2razz:)

I am from rural New England and I definately still have a pronounced "ahhh" sound whenever I say words ending with 'r'. I like Scottish/Irish accented English. I also like the Southern accent...

Definitely Irish.

I went backpacking across Europe with a good friend summer after high school graduation, about a week after landing in London we took a train out Stonehenge - it happened to be the solstice - and when we got off the train and learned we had a 7 mile hike before sunrise (it was already 11 pm or so when we got off the train) I and my friend started hiking, enroute we met this hot little hippy girl with the most unique (and alluring) accent.

When I asked her where her accent was from I got "I'm Skaeesh!" in reply. It took me at least 2 times of her repeating this before the gears of my entranced 17 year old mind cranked and it dawned on me that this -now becoming a bit exasperated- hot little hippy chick with the uniquely alluring accent was not "skaeesh" but instead was Scottish, with a very heavy highlands accent.

We ended up making it to the henge for the sunrise, and taking advantage of our rail passes and ditching our planned route to detour to Scotland for several days as well.

French and Irish would round off the top 3 for me

since the poll asks for what continent I opted for Australia because Europe as a whole would include Slavic/Germanic language groups that I do NOT find pleasant at all, and because Aussie chicks rock and their accent is hot too.

Last edited:
Australian, I can listen to me forever :mrgreen:

but I also like Irish and Scottish.

Where are you from? What accent do you have? What accent sounds nicest to you? There are so many accents all over the world, so the actual poll will be about Continents.

As for me, I was born and raised down south, but I actually don't have too much of a Southern accent, but I do talk southern, so...:shrug:

I like British aceents, they are very pretty. (Julie Andrews's dialect) I like Scottish and Austailian and Canadian and Arabic and some Indian and Asian, and African (I think Kenya.)

What about y'all?

Weird question. Do we like European accents? Given that I live in one province in one region of one European country, and here alone there are about 8 distinct accents within a 50 mile radius, I'd say that is a pretty impossible question to answer. Then, when you add that you like an English accent like Julie Andrews' I start to wonder whether you've actually met any English people. Those that speak like Julie probably constitute less than 1% of the English population. This site will give you just a hint at the linguistic variety that still exists within British English.

In the English language I find several accents pleasing on the ear. I like the kind of accent Ruth Clanahan had in the Golden Girls. I know it's southern US but I don't know how much more specific one could be. I liked it.

I like a southwestern Irish accent (Cork, Kerry etc) although it's very hard to understand. I love the Geordie accent, because it's so warm and friendly-sounding.

I also like English spoken with a French accent. I don't know why it sounds sexy, but it does.

Thanks for all the replies. I know the poll is broad, but that was the only way possible I could come up with to have a poll at all. :) I know there are so many different accents in countries.

I also forgot to say I met a South African at summer camp who sounded British, so I like theirs too because they have that nice sound.

Irish, Australian or Southern. I melt when I hear those accents on a hot guy

What about y'all?

Aristocratic Southern Accent!

I like this accent:

I don't know what accent it is, I guess it's English.

I also like the accent of this singer

Instead of just saying "Nile" or "Smile" he says something like "Nayal" and "Smayal"

I like this accent:

That is a southwestern English accent. I can't be 100% certain as the accent isn't that strong, but I'd guess he comes from Wiltshire, Hampshire or Dorset.

Instead of just saying "Nile" or "Smile" he says something like "Nayal" and "Smayal"[/QUOTE]

That's a London accent. The lead singer, Suggs was born on the south coast but grew up in Camden Town in central north London. His accent is pretty typical London, but not Cockney, which is slightly different and from east London.

I like this accent:

That is a southwestern English accent. I can't be 100% certain as the accent isn't that strong, but I'd guess he comes from Wiltshire, Hampshire or Dorset.

Instead of just saying "Nile" or "Smile" he says something like "Nayal" and "Smayal"

That's a London accent. The lead singer, Suggs was born on the south coast but grew up in Camden Town in central north London. His accent is pretty typical London, but not Cockney, which is slightly different and from east London.

I heard the accents in Antarctica are lovely this time of the year.

Definitely Irish.

Same. But then same for Scots and Welshmen and Brits and - good lord, I still haven't heard an accent I didn't like.

And as for me, pretty much straight up Scandihoovian. Oh, yah; sure. You betcha.

And as for me, pretty much straight up Scandihoovian. Oh, yah; sure. You betcha.

I love that accent too. Sounds even better in their own Scandiwegian language though.

BCR has mine. British best, Southern worst.

A woman with a sexy, throaty English accent makes me melt like butter. Conversely, there may be nothing on this planet that makes my dick more flaccid than seeing a 200 pound woman from Alabama say, "Hey y'all".

Back
Top Bottom