• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What About Trump's Policies?

LowDown

Curmudgeon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
What about Trump's policies don't you like?

Cutting taxes?

Cutting regulations?

Proposing to stop chain migration and to promote merit based immigration policy?

Leaving the Paris Climate Agreement?

Moving the US Embassy to Jerusalem?

Disbanding the Voter Fraud Commission?

Pressuring Pakistan to stop harboring terrorists?

Pressuring China to put pressure on N. Korea?

Building/renovating a section of the border wall?

Nominating conservatives to federal courts?

Disavowing the Iran Nuclear Deal?

Backing the Iranian protesters?

Supporting pro-life policies?

Cutting taxes?

Cutting regulations?

Proposing to stop chain migration and to promote merit based immigration policy?

Taxes are cut for 10 years. What happens after that? How do the bills get paid in the interim?

While I'm generally in favor of less regulation there is a place for some regulation. Environmental regulations for example are needed beacuse we collectively own the environment, it's a shared resource, and it's use needs to be managed. So the question can't be answered without looking at what regulations specifically.

Money spend on border walls is money wasted.

Moving the embassy was stupid. There was no practical point to it and it simply angered half the people we're trying to play nice with Israel.

He created the Voter Fraud Commission remember? And only disbanded it because the states pretty much told him - rightfully - to screw off.

Getting China to pressure NK is good. Getting into a "who has the bigger dick" argument with Kim is stupid.

I want qualified judges. I care much less about their political bent than I do that they actually be qualified for the job. While Trump has appointed some good judges some have no business being in a court.

I'm pro choice.

Cutting taxes? N

Cutting regulations? Y

Proposing to stop chain migration and to promote merit based immigration policy? Y

Leaving the Paris Climate Agreement? Y

Moving the US Embassy to Jerusalem? DN

Disbanding the Voter Fraud Commission? No Choice

Pressuring Pakistan to stop harboring terrorists? Y

Pressuring China to put pressure on N. Korea? Y

Building/renovating a section of the border wall? Y

Nominating conservatives to federal courts? N

Disavowing the Iran Nuclear Deal? DN

Backing the Iranian protesters? DN

Supporting pro-life policies? N

Y means I like

N means I dont

DN means I have not made up my mind.

Cutting taxes?

Cutting regulations?

I can't say I dislike any of them personally.

DJT is doing a wonderful job. Economy is great, stocks are great, unemployment is low, consumer confidence is higher it has been in 8 years, all the indicators seems to suggest our country is doing fabulous.

I suppose Melania wearing high heels is too much for the leftists to handle. :shrug: Or maybe it was that two scoops of ice cream? :mrgreen:

DJT is doing a wonderful job. Economy is great, stocks are great, unemployment is low, consumer confidence is higher it has been in 8 years, all the indicators seems to suggest our country is doing fabulous.

I suppose Melania wearing high heels is too much for the leftists to handle. :shrug: Or maybe it was that two scoops of ice cream? :mrgreen:

^^^^^^^

What he said.

Cutting taxes?

Cutting regulations?

What about'em? They are shortsighted and ignorant policies that will blow up in your face shortly.

Those who like these policies are like kids in school who like a teacher who has promised never to give any homework ever again.

When the bubble busts, and they will. The stock market, the student loans, etc. bubbles HAS to pop, and soon.

I will feel bad for all the people who will be hurt and lose everything, just like the millions in 2008 who got destroyed when everything crashed then, . BUT it will be entertaining watching who Trump and the Trumpsters will blame for the upcoming crash.

I can see the list then..

Millions of jobs lost..

DOW at 8,000...

That $2 trillion tax break deficit becomes $12 trillion...

Who do we thank? What do we like? ;)

When the bubble busts, and they will. The stock market, the student loans, etc. bubbles HAS to pop, and soon.

I will feel bad for all the people who will be hurt and lose everything, just like the millions in 2008 who got destroyed when everything crashed then, . BUT it will be entertaining watching who Trump and the Trumpsters will blame for the upcoming crash.

Millions of jobs lost..

DOW at 8,000...

These poor saps didn't even think two months ahead into what they were actually voting for.

But don't call them stupid or deplorable. It gets their feelings hurt.

Millions of jobs lost..

DOW at 8,000...

Trump and the GOP will blame The Democrats, Obama, Hillary, the media, etc, and the Republican base will believe it and continue voting Republican.

As for everyone else, they'll know who to blame, and hopefully they'll punish the GOP in the future.

What about'em? They are shortsighted and ignorant policies that will blow up in your face shortly.

Those who like these policies are like kids in school who like a teacher who has promised never to give any homework ever again.

So, now the left is acknowledging that Trump has done well and moved the argument to - it won't last.

So far so good.

Cutting taxes?
While adding more debt and looking to cut social programs to pay for the cuts, yes.

Cutting regulations?
Unnecessary Regulations, yes, ones meant to protect the environment and consumes, no.

Chain immigration, kill it, merit based only and against it.

Disagree, now we have no input, better to reform from within

Bad timing and unnecessary, so against it

It was His commission and should have never been started.

Agreed

Agree, but it does not seem to be working as planned

Section renovation and building was approved before trump, that was not his promise, but his idea was never realistic to begin with.

Qualified ones, no problem, unqualified ones, against it

Meaning we now have no power to monitor what they are doing, not particularly smat

None of our business and we need to stay out of it, Period

Such as?
Yes, I disagree with him on many things I new that over a year ago and nothing has really changed. Did agree with how he has improved the VA and care for our Vets, so better but still think it is far too little.

You were doing fine and then you kept talking and so that's that.............

So, now the left is acknowledging that Trump has done well and moved the argument to - it won't last.

Ummm, I think you missed the point, but then again it would have been surprising had you not missed it.

What About Trump's Policies?

All these dire predictions of doom and gloom. The left seems to love misery. How sad. Success and prosperity are things to be celebrated, not denigrated. Under The Regime the country languished for 8 long years with nominal growth, a shrinking middle class, lowest labor participation rate in history, and now things are picking up. And that just kills the left to see all that positive and good things happening.

Back
Top Bottom