• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What About President Reagan?

Help WAS sent. See previous page

Armed, praised THEN cut and ran from the terrorists. This was before he gave Iraq WMD's too :)

Most President's ratings improve after they leave office--How Bush was beating Obama in some polls recently. Carter benefited greatly not from his Presidency from Habitat for Humanity. That is a powerfully significant organization that has wide-spread appeal across the entire political spectrum. HOusing for poor people; poor people have to provide labor for the housing; tons of volunteers. It is charity at its finest.

I do not have much for Reagan as a President, but by golly, he was a powerful communicator and presence even if it was just acting.

You purposely miss my point. No pres has taken two 727 jets, his and hers on a Hawaiian vacation while lecturing us about AGW. I would say nice try but it was a pathetic try.

So you saying the Prez shouldn't travel at all? Or that CC isn't real? Or is it just math that scares you (2)?

Presidential vacations by the numbers

14: Number of vacation trips taken by Obama since he took office in January 2009.

—92: Number of days, all or in part, Obama has spent on vacation.

—57: Number of vacation trips taken by Bush at this same point in his presidency.

—50: Number of visits Bush made to his ranch in Crawford, Texas.

—323: Number of days, all or in part, Bush spent at the ranch.

—7: Number of trips Bush made to his family’s compound in Kennebunkport, Maine.

—26: Number of days, all or in part, Bush spent in Maine.

NEED REAGAN'S? LOL

Most President's ratings improve after they leave office--How Bush was beating Obama in some polls recently. Carter benefited greatly not from his Presidency from Habitat for Humanity. That is a powerfully significant organization that has wide-spread appeal across the entire political spectrum. HOusing for poor people; poor people have to provide labor for the housing; tons of volunteers. It is charity at its finest.

I do not have much for Reagan as a President, but by golly, he was a powerful communicator and presence even if it was just acting.

Reagan's MYTH was created, unlike other Prez's. Just like Dubya's will be done.

Reagan's MYTH was created, unlike other Prez's. Just like Dubya's will be done.

As has been clinton's, as will be Obama's. It is all about selling books, booking speeches. Ex-presidents are the ultimate reality stars.

Obama: "Shortly After Taking Office, I Directed ... The Director Of The CIA To Make The Killing Or Capture Of Bin Laden The Top Priority."

Bush In 2002: "I Truly Am Not Concerned About" Bin Laden

NY Times: In 2006, CIA Closed The Unit Dedicated To Hunting Bin Laden

Washington Post: Bush Administration Concluded That "Failure To Commit U.S. Ground Troops To Hunt" Bin Laden "Was Its Gravest Error In The War Against Al Qaeda."

NYT: Bush Administration Denied Brigadier General's Request For More Troops In Tora Bora

FLASHBACK 2008: McCain, Clinton Slam Obama For Saying He’d Go Get Bin Laden In Pakistan

Your welcome for the refresher...

So you saying the Prez shouldn't travel at all? Or that CC isn't real? Or is it just math that scares you (2)?

14: Number of vacation trips taken by Obama since he took office in January 2009.

—57: Number of vacation trips taken by Bush at this same point in his presidency.

NEED REAGAN'S? LOL
How many of Bush's days were because the White House was being remodeled, and Bush also used his ranch to do US business meeting other nation's government officials. Put's a more personal touch on things.

Funny how no journalists name or source is attached to that AP article.

Really? You want to compare the money spent on Reagan's MYTH versus Clinton books/speeches? lol

How Republicans created the myth of Ronald Reagan

How Republicans created the myth of Ronald Reagan - Salon.com

When Reagan was (much) less popular than Carter

Will Bunch, author of "Tear Down This Myth," explains how the Gipper was transformed into a conservative demigod

When Reagan was (much) less popular than Carter - Salon.com

Are you saying your salon articles are more accurate than the gallop polls? maybe you should open the link I put in post #86...

Obama was helping the wall come down? Because HONEST historians say it was 50 years of containment AND the USSR coning apart from within that did that 'wall' thing... BEFORE THE GOP CREATED THE REAGAN MYTH...

The Whitewashing of Ronald Reagan

A Gallup poll taken in 1992 found that Ronald Reagan was the most unpopular living president apart from Nixon, and ranked even below Jimmy Carter; just 46 percent of Americans had a favorable view of Reagan while Carter was viewed favorably by 63 percent of Americans.

This was before the Hollywood-style re-write of Reagan’s presidency that created the fictional character portrayed during Reagan’s 100th birthday celebration

Vox Verax: The Whitewashing of Ronald Reagan

Ah yes, all of America wishes to return to the Carter days of gasoline rationing and hyper inflation. That must explain why Reagen had two terms and Carter had only one - Carter was more definitely more popular.

WOW, that was hard work to give the go ahead for that hit. Do you assume that no other president would have done so?

I dont assume. I know. How strange the 'conservative entertainment complex' shielded you from such knowledge. and the best part is that you have to pretend not to know republicans tried to make a campaign issue of President Obama saying he would go into Pakistan without their permission to get OBL. Oh how the cons whined “we are attacking an ally” “oh the shame” “wah wah wah”. So not only did pubs attack President Obama for something they now claim is easy Bush actually aborted a similar mission.

“Lessons Obama learnt from Rumsfeld’s aborted 2005 raid on Pakistan”
http://www.globaldashboard.org/2011/05/02/obama-rumsfeld-pakista/

“so now don’t ‘misparaphrase’ my clear statements. I am proving that putting lives at risk in a Pakistan raid was not an easy decision. Pub statements prove it. Pub actions prove it.

I dont assume. I know. How strange the 'conservative entertainment complex' shielded you from such knowledge. and the best part is that you have to pretend not to know republicans tried to make a campaign issue of President Obama saying he would go into Pakistan without their permission to get OBL. Oh how the cons whined “we are attacking an ally” “oh the shame” “wah wah wah”. So not only did pubs attack President Obama for something they now claim is easy Bush actually aborted a similar mission.

“Lessons Obama learnt from Rumsfeld’s aborted 2005 raid on Pakistan”
http://www.globaldashboard.org/2011/05/02/obama-rumsfeld-pakista/

“so now don’t ‘misparaphrase’ my clear statements. I am proving that putting lives at risk in a Pakistan raid was not an easy decision. Pub statements prove it. Pub actions prove it.

How strange that you forget the foreign military "adventures" authorized by and undertaken under Reagan.

American President: Ronald Wilson Reagan: Foreign Affairs

NEED REAGAN'S? LOL

You still don't get it, I'll type slow :lol: No other pres has lectured us on AGW as he burned as much fossil fuel as humanly possible as often as possible.

How strange that you forget the foreign military "adventures" authorized by and undertaken under Reagan.

mmmm, I’m really not surprised you missed the clear straightforward point I made. You made the claim that President Obama’s decision to get OBL was an easy one. You have to ignore:

1 cons whined and whined when President Obama said during the campaign he would do exactly what he did. remember, cons whined and whined. they didn’t say “that’s an easy decision”.

2 Bush aborted a similar mission because he didn’t think it was worth the risk. so feel free to stick your “its an easy decision” narrative but then it means bush must have been pretty cowardly for not approving such an easy decision.

so again, republican words shred your narrative. republican actions shred your narrative

WOW, that was hard work to give the go ahead for that hit. Do you assume that no other president would have done so?

er uh ttw, don't you think it would courteous to admit that

A It wasn't an easy decision
or
B it was easy so that makes Bush a coward.

er uh ttw, don't you think it would courteous to admit that

A It wasn't an easy decision
or
B it was easy so that makes Bush a coward.

A) the decision could be made "easily" only when UBL was stationary in a known location.

and

B) When did Bush have that situation?

A) the decision could be made "easily" only when UBL was stationary in a known location.

mmmm, you seem to have created a "stationary" criteria for your narrative. How convenient and unsurprising. anyhoo, President Obama approved a mission to go into Pakistan and get OBL. republicans whined and whined about that exact mission when he stated during the campaign that he would do exactly that.

B) When did Bush have that situation?

mmm, I just posted it. How could you miss it? Wait are you trying to pretend not to know about Bush stopping a mission to go into Pakistan and get al Qaeda leadership. Or are you trying to pretend that going in to Pakistan for al Qaeda leadership is different when its not OBL? Here's a crazy idea, stop pretending you don't know something and make a clear factual statement.

Are you saying your salon articles are more accurate than the gallop polls? maybe you should open the link I put in post #86...

How about THE gallup poll stated? HMM

ANYTHING about the rewriting of history on Reagan? HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS SPENT?

Funny how Bush diidn't find it a priority

September 14, 2006

Bush Tells Barnes Capturing Bin Laden Is ‘Not A Top Priority Use of American Resources’

FLASHBACK 2008: McCain, Clinton Slam Obama For Saying He’d Go Get Bin Laden In Pakistan

“If we have Osama bin Laden in our sights and the Pakistani government is unable or unwilling to take them out, then I think that we have to act, and we will take them out. We will kill bin Laden. We will crush al-Qaeda. That has to be our biggest national security priority.”

Ah yes, all of America wishes to return to the Carter days of gasoline rationing and hyper inflation. That must explain why Reagen had two terms and Carter had only one - Carter was more definitely more popular.

Got it, strawman and ad hom's Anything else Bubba? How about Iran Contra? Reagan cutting and running from terrorists AFTER funding them? HUD scandal? S&L?

Two terms? Oh right Reagan's deal with Iran....

Back
Top Bottom