• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What about Love?

grip

Slow 🅖 Hand
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
love-eternal.jpg

You were not what I expected. I heaped praise and glory on you, only to see that you were human and flawed like me. I thought you were perfect and would never hurt me but I was wrong. You were better than my idea of perfect and gave me more than you ever took or caused in grief. You let me love you so unselfishly and completely, without limit or constraint. The best thing that ever happened to me was knowing you and feeling your heart, only to eventually lose you and have my heart so irreparably broken. You didn't leave me willingly, nor would I ever have left you but what separated us was not in our control. Did I appreciate you enough in life, did you ever really know just how much I loved you? You may have but I never did, until I lost you. You in person were the object of my affection and even after you passed my love for you did not. All I have left of you now are photographs and memories, and though I am alone I'm still a better person for having loved you, because you have indefinitely changed me for the good. You were the light of my life and now my time has come and soon the darkness. But if the love we shared made the world a little brighter place, then my cup runneth over and I have been a wealthy person. I was overjoyed to live with you, distraught when I lost you, and now fulfilled knowing that our love will never truly die. For the light of our love is the part of us that lives on and cannot be extinguished by the dark of the night.

View attachment 67203560

You were not what I expected. I heaped praise and glory on you, only to see that you were human and flawed like me. I thought you were perfect and would never hurt me but I was wrong. You were better than my idea of perfect and gave me more than you ever took or caused in grief. You let me love you so unselfishly and completely, without limit or constraint. The best thing that ever happened to me was knowing you and feeling your heart, only to eventually lose you and have my heart so irreparably broken. You didn't leave me willingly, nor would I ever have left you but what separated us was not in our control. Did I appreciate you enough in life, did you ever really know just how much I loved you? You may have but I never did, until I lost you. You in person were the object of my affection and even after you passed my love for you did not. All I have left of you now are photographs and memories, and though I am alone I'm still a better person for having loved you, because you have indefinitely changed me for the good. You were the light of my life and now my time has come and soon the darkness. But if the love we shared made the world a little brighter place, then my cup runneth over and I have been a wealthy person. I was overjoyed to live with you, distraught when I lost you, and now fulfilled knowing that our love will never truly die. For the light of our love is the part of us that lives on and cannot be extinguished by the dark of the night.

zhaq8x.jpg

View attachment 67203560

Very, excellently well-written!

Although, now I have a question. What about underrepresented love?

Very, excellently well-written!

Although, now I have a question. What about underrepresented love?

All love is represented here. Love is the essence of the eternal spirit that lives in us all.

All love is represented here. Love is the essence of the eternal spirit that lives in us all.

Again, love the piece. But all I see there is romance/lust. :shrug:

you truly were blessed to be given unconditional love from birth

I too had amazing, loving, bright parents

I wish every child had this opportunity, the whole planet would be different were it so

it really is, all about love

My parents spoiled me rotten with real love. They were exceptional people and I miss them everyday.

The world would never have war if it were all raised by loving parents.

Yes, it really is all about love that's the only reason we're here.

My parents spoiled me rotten with real love. They were exceptional people and I miss them everyday.

The world would never have war if it were all raised by loving parents.

Yes, it really is all about love that's the only reason we're here.

it's true, how can anyone raised in love, with a healthy mind and a full heart harm another purposely

they can not

it's true, how can anyone raised in love, with a healthy mind and a full heart harm another purposely

they can not

You're getting close to the reason why love exist at all, forgiveness and compassion.

which are becoming more scarce as fear grows

I think fear is one of the blackest things on the planet

Fear and confusion are about to grow exponentially before the people come to their senses. Only the light of love can save us now.

Fear and confusion are about to grow exponentially before the people come to their senses. Only the light of love can save us now.
agreed, it's coming

I think it's too late for 'saving'

we're going there

but eventually things will even out again, they always do, people find a way to express light and love and heroism even in the midst of the most vile of circumstances

agreed, it's coming

I think it's too late for 'saving'

we're going there

but eventually things will even out again, they always do, people find a way to express light and love and heroism even in the midst of the most vile of circumstances

Yes, we are going there and even worse than most people believe. But I believe in something most people don't understand and that's a saving grace. I think god is LGBTQ and everything in between, then again I could be wrong. I'm gambling everything on love.

Yes, we are going there and even worse than most people believe. But I believe in something most people don't understand and that's a saving grace. I think god is LGBTQ and everything in between, then again I could be wrong. I'm gambling everything on love.

there's always saving grace I guess but i say that from the perspective of living in the first world

I say that from the perspective of believing that energy out is what flows back so every thought, every action, every belief positive or negative creates our reality

living second or third world, that might be hard to see when the value of life is zero

there's always saving grace I guess but i say that from the perspective of living in the first world

I say that from the perspective of believing that energy out is what flows back so every thought, every action, every belief positive or negative creates our reality

living second or third world, that might be hard to see when the value of life is zero

I agree that for every action there's a reaction. Though the value of life is not zero to me. The sum of two who love each other is more than their individual worth combined.

Back
Top Bottom