• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

what about a cadaver ?

would you donate your body to science ?

• Total voters

Medusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
my other thread inspired me to start it .l personally dont want to donate my body to science because İ dont .dont expect to hear reasonable explanations from me because it is more sensitive part of donation in my opinion .

but l appreciate anyone who decides to do it too.

as a side note İ know some unbelievers want neither to be buried nor to be creamated and they decide to donate their body to medical science.

l would like to hear their ideas about it.

I have no preference between burial and cremation, funeral or no funeral, and I am an organ donor, but no, I would not donate my whole body to science.

I am the non religious person. But I do not want to donate my body to science neither.

If I die in an accident then I could donate my non damaged organs. I have an athlete stamina, condition, and physique.

If I die when I am old though, I have different ideas about what should be done with the remains. The idea is to issue the body to animals or fish that would consume it whole to the bone (e.g., wild boar, shark, etc). After either 2 hours or a day later the shark or wild boar should be served to pregnant women as a feast. As a reward these woman could be financially rewarded for participation (besides the meal).

So the idea is that perhaps the energy could pass from me, to the animal, to women, and their babies. Basically parts of me, however small, might be come useful in another fresh life.

my other thread inspired me to start it .l personally dont want to donate my body to science because İ dont .dont expect to hear reasonable explanations from me because it is more sensitive part of donation in my opinion .

as a side note İ know some unbelievers want neither to be buried nor to be creamated and they decide to donate their body to medical science.

I would give my deceased body to medical research.

I am the non religious person. But I do not want to donate my body to science neither.

If I die in an accident then I could donate my non damaged organs. I have an athlete stamina, condition, and physique.

If I die when I am old though, I have different ideas about what should be done with the remains. The idea is to issue the body to animals or fish that would consume it whole to the bone (e.g., wild boar, shark, etc). After either 2 hours or a day later the shark or wild boar should be served to pregnant women as a feast. As a reward these woman could be financially rewarded for participation (besides the meal).

So the idea is that perhaps the energy could pass from me, to the animal, to women, and their babies. Basically parts of me, however small, might be come useful in another fresh life.

nat geo do you watch it ?

:2razz::mrgreen:

I always planned to be an organ donor, but I'm using everything up pretty fast here and also want a "green" funeral with no embalming if possible. Recently, saw a great Egyptian museum exhibition and thought to myself after seeing the canopic jars, I thought, "Nope."

I always planned to be an organ donor, but I'm using everything up pretty fast here and also want a "green" funeral with no embalming if possible. Recently, saw a great Egyptian museum exhibition and thought to myself after seeing the canopic jars, I thought, "Nope."

did you also see body world exhibitions ?

nat geo do you watch it ?

:2razz::mrgreen:

Yes I do. I always wondered whether this idea was practiced somewhere. Did it state in Nat Geo where or whom may have practiced that sort of a ritual?

Yes I do. I always wondered whether this idea was practiced somewhere. Did it state in Nat Geo where or whom may have practiced that sort of a ritual?

l dont know and thats why l asked you about it

it seems fantastic :roll:

When I die, I will not care at all what is done with my body. However, I have it set up so that now my body will be first offered up for organ donors. Hopefully I could save somebody's life. After that, the rest of me can go to science. When they're done with you, they pay to have your body cremated or buried, then returned to your family. I opted for cremation, and will have that put into a special urn that uses your ashes to make a tree.

I want my body to better the world in this 3 ways when I'm gone, I'm not going to selfishly demand that it be shoved in the ground and wasted.

As an atheist, I personally believe that all post-death rituals are for the living and not for the dead. What happens to my body after I die is really not up to me. It's up to my loved ones. I've discussed it with the people closest to me and they know that my personal preference is cremation after any usable organs have been harvested for donation. I have, however, made it perfectly clear to them that they are to do whatever they feel is best that will help them through the grieving process. If they want to bury me and visit my grave for years, they can do that. If they want to follow my preference and scatter my ashes to the four winds, that's equally cool. And if they decide to donate my body to science, they can do that too. It won't make any difference to me when I'm dead. :shrug:

My mother did so and we got her ashes back after about a year. I have donor bone in my right leg (tibial plateau transplant) after having crushed mine in a motorcycle accident. My parts are largely worn out but, none the less, I will offer up my remains if anyone has use for them.

Sorry to hear that. I'm person who has been a patient at a heart transplant center.

No. I have no say in what it will be used for, and I'd rather it not be used for testing and improving some of the more destructive things humans tend to make.

At this point in time, I think the best and most beneficial thing I could do with my body is provide it as fertilizer. No box, no embalming fluid, just stick me in the ground.

l dont know and thats why l asked you about it

it seems fantastic :roll:

I have not seen it anywhere neither. But why do not I believe you that it seems as "fantastic" to you! :roll:

No. I have no say in what it will be used for, and I'd rather it not be used for testing and improving some of the more destructive things humans tend to make.

At this point in time, I think the best and most beneficial thing I could do with my body is provide it as fertilizer. No box, no embalming fluid, just stick me in the ground.

You mentioned "destructive things humans tend to make" and reminded me of the destructive ways humans get organs of other humans also. I fear that with a high demand and high price that there is a potential for a black market to be developed over vital organs. I fear that the high demand may surpass the wait for accidents to occur naturally and may start fabricating "accidents" instead.

So plain old wasted to the ground does not sounds bad sometimes neither. My idea of being fed to animals and have the animals fed back to humans again is not bad neither. Both work against that destructive way by wasting organs.

I have considered it.

Why would I do it?

because I know how important research is, and it is a way of continuing to contribute to knowledge.

because I have been to a few funerals, and have had to organize a few. My daughter will probably have to arrange my funeral, and I have found these extremely stressful to organize, at a time when you are really not feeling up to it. Friends whose loved ones have had prepaid funerals have indicated that it isn't a lot different even when it has been pre planned.

I talked to my daughter and we have thought about other options - like having a memorial/dinner further down the track at which people can share memories. She thinks she would be OK with that. Funerals can be times when there can be family arguments as well. For my funeral this may not be an issue - but I have seen siblings argue over how it should be done (even when they belong to the same church).

reasons against

they have strict conditions for accepting suitable cadavers - it has to be within a relatively short time of death. This may be too soon if people need to say "goodbye"

Basically ... it may be my body, but funerals are really held for the living, not for the dead.
they are an opportunity for the living to formally let go. Maybe its not respecting the emotional needs of those left behind to donate your body.

I am also not sure it would be different for me if I were a believer .... I have been to enough crypts etc to know that if body and soul ever do unite again, God's got his work cut out reconstructing the dead as it is - so I doubt that my body being donated to science would be much of an impediment.

Sure, I'm an organ donor that's already decided to donate my body if there's any good use for it after my demise. Even if it's just for students to have a hands-on trainng of my insides. I'm not a hoarder, but I keep broken things that might still have a value.

Sure, I'm an organ donor that's already decided to donate my body if there's any good use for it after my demise. Even if it's just for students to have a hands-on trainng of my insides. I'm not a hoarder, but I keep broken things that might still have a value.

I've been a patient at a heart transplant center. Really bizarre and unusual experience.

I have no problem donating my body to science and organs to anyone who needs em

Other than wanting all my usable organs to go toward transplants, I don't really give a rats ass what happens to my corpse (unless coming back as a brain eating zombie is an option. I want that.)

Other than wanting all my usable organs to go toward transplants, I don't really give a rats ass what happens to my corpse (unless coming back as a brain eating zombie is an option. I want that.)

Hadn't thought of that option...but....what the hell, nothing like a change of pace...literally.

Back
Top Bottom