• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What a turn off

sbrettt

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Here's the deal, you have to pick one turn off and it has to be associated with their personality. Feel free to mention as many as you want, but try to pick one out of the ones you mention that is the worst. I'll go first, I can't stand women who sh** talk people they know.

Last edited:
I can't stand for a man to treat me like his mama, and pretend to be helpless or stupid.

I hate braggarts and name droppers.
Yeah, I was just telling Denzel Washington about how much I hate that when my bro Billy Gates stopped by and threw me $50,000 because him and I are tight like that. ;)

Lunacy and/or stupidity, full stop.

I know at least one reasonably pleasant and highly attractive girl that I wouldn't date in a million years for more or less exactly those reasons. Every time I see her, she's basically going nuts over some (very likely imagined) slight involving the women she knows.

She also tried to tell me that mermaids were real once while we were out together at lunch. Apparently, she had just watched a documentary on Animal Planet proving it the night before.

I just smiled and nodded right along. :lol:

Last edited:

I know at least one reasonably pleasant and highly attractive girl that I wouldn't date in a million years for more or less exactly those reasons. Every time I see her, she's basically going nuts over some (very likely imagined) slight involving the women she knows.

She also tried to tell me that mermaids were real once while we were out together at lunch. Apparently, she had just watched a documentary on Animal Planet proving it the night before.

No one is that dumb. :lol:

I can't stand for a man to treat me like his mama, and pretend to be helpless or stupid.

Heck, no. I want a man to be a man. My ex gave me everything I ever wanted. Anything I wanted, I got. But after a while, I hated it. I wanted to be told no every now and then. He was a fish.

No one is that dumb. :lol:

I knew another girl in college who once told me that she was in negotiations with someone on Craigslist to buy farmland in South Africa.

I tried to explain the concept of "buyer beware" to her, but it didn't seem to do much good.

Her only reaction was "OMG! That's exactly what my dad said!!!"

Somehow, I get the feeling that the point I was trying to make might've sailed completely over her head. :lol:

I knew another girl in college who once told me that she was in negotiations with someone on Craigslist to buy farmland in South Africa.

I tried to explain the concept of "buyer beware" to her, but it didn't seem to do much good.

Somehow, I get the feeling that the point I was trying to make might've sailed over her head entirely. :lol:

Where do you find these women? x]

Somehow, I get the feeling that the point I was trying to make might've sailed completely over her head. :lol:

"Aaannnnd I don't eat meat! because I'm a VET--rinarian!" (love that old HBO commercial)

Here's the deal, you have to pick one turn off and it has to be associated with their personality. Feel free to mention as many as you want, but try to pick one out of the ones you mention that is the worst. I'll go first, I can't stand women who sh** talk people they know.

Arrogance or cockiness is not only a turn off it makes me want to punch them in the throat.

Arrogance or cockiness is not only a turn off it makes me want to punch them in the throat.

I watch this show on Showtime called Ray Donovan, and it has Jon Voight on there as Ray's Dad, who just got out of prison, right? He told Roseanna Arquette that she was too old for him. :lol: Jon Voight is old, old, and had the nerve to tell her she was too old for him. Then a few episodes later, he'd banged her, and as they were getting dressed, he was like, "I'm surprised I ****ed you. I don't normally **** old girls like you."

I would have punched him square in the nuts. Like he was some prize or something.

Yeah, I was just telling Denzel Washington about how much I hate that when my bro Billy Gates stopped by and threw me $50,000 because him and I are tight like that. ;)

You are soooooooooo coooooooooool!

The most turn offish thing is something I can't post publicly. One of the things I can post publicly is that I find that a woman that has more energy than I do turns me off. Why? Because it usually involves more senseless conversation, spending more money, and other useless activities. Slow down and sense life.

For how long did you had to go on smiling like that? ;)

I hate braggarts and name droppers.

Well, my close friend Matt Damon and I were discussing this very topic and we agreed that we are too awesome to stoop to anything so crass as boasting and name-dropping.

Damn, beat me to it! Matt hates that to happen.

Honest answer: not listening. I'm sure everyone knows a few people like this. Every conversation has to be about them and if it isn't, the eyes glaze over and they just wait until they can turn a conversation back to themselves and what they think. You can tell that they haven't been paying any attention to what you've been saying.

On the other hand, good listening skills are a sign of intelligence, sensitivity and good manners. Those things are always a turn-on.

Back
Top Bottom