• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What a "crappy" thing to do.

OscarB63

Farts in Elevators
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
NEWARK, Del. (CBS/AP) – New Castle County Police have charged a 14-year-old after he forced a 7-year-old into a portable toilet and knocked it over with the boy inside.

“He just started laughing and just walked away,” said 7-year-old victim Zack Montero.

It happened Sunday about 7:45 p.m. on Scottfield Drive in Newark. Police say three boys, ages 7 and 8, were riding their bikes in Hann Park when the teenager threatened Zack and forced him into a “Port-o-John.”

The teen pushed over the toilet onto the door, preventing the boy from escaping. The boy’s two friends were able to get him out. The boy, who suffered a knee injury and was covered in waste, went home and told his father.

“As a dad, immediately, I got very furious and all the thoughts of what I wanted to do about the situation went through my head were all illegal. So naturally I didn’t do that,” said Dave Montero, Zack’s dad.

The 14-year-old is charged with unlawful imprisonment, assault and harassment. He was released to his parents on $4,000 unsecured bail and ordered to have no contact with the young victim.

Delaware Teen Knocks Over Portable Toilet With Boy Inside « CBS Philly – News, Sports, Weather, Traffic and the Best of Philadelphia

the sad part is that little if anything will be done to this kid. cross your fingers and hope he doesn't grow up to be the next serial killer.

maybe this is a case where an "eye for an eye" fits. Place the 14 year old in a port a john full of waste, tip it over, and leave him for awhile. Maybe he will see the humor in it. :)

maybe this is a case where an "eye for an eye" fits. Place the 14 year old in a port a john full of waste, tip it over, and leave him for awhile. Maybe he will see the humor in it. :)

Can we do it tomorrow? I didn't get enough sleep last night, I'm just pooped.

The best punishment I can think of is having him clean Port-o-Johns inside and out every weekend / vacation time for eight hours a day for the next two-three years.

I remember in High School, the varsity football team junior and senior's, used to try shoving the freshmen into the lockers and pissing on them as a form of hazing.

Awe! That's so cute!
“As a dad, immediately, I got very furious and all the thoughts of what I wanted to do about the situation went through my head were all illegal. So naturally I didn’t do that,” said Dave Montero, Zack’s dad.

Seriously - that's sweetness wrapped up in sugar to me.

What the hell is wrong with kids?! Seriously. And just how big is this 14 year old that can push a full port-a-potty over?? Holy Christ, those things weigh a ton!
It would depend on how he pushed it over, I'm sure the application of levers might help, although the act seems to indicate a mentality that might be disinclined to such advanced thought processes... :mrgreen:

On the other hand, the act does bring to mind the stereotypical "bully" - a larger than normal kid with less than normal mental skills.

And hell, if my memory is correct, I’ve seen a couple 14-year olds and perhaps younger that are taller than I am – not much of a feat, perhaps, considering I’m about 5’ 6”… :mrgreen:

I'm waiting for someone to ask what a seven-year-old was doing out riding his bike around town unsupervised.
If he'd been kidnapped and murdered it's the first thing everybody would say: "Where were his parents? What were they, some kind of crackheads? Who lets a seven year old ride to the (obviously free of any concerned adults) park alone, anyway?"

When I was young, it was pretty normal for little kids to get bullied- even hurt- by bigger kids.
But when i was little, kids were more independent, too. Went out alone, stayed at home alone.
Kids knew about bullies; knew where they lived, took alternate routes to avoid them, made plans to escape them if captured.
I don't think that sort of thing is part of the average seven-year-old's life these days, although it was up until the mid-80s or so.

Last edited:
I'm waiting for someone to ask what a seven-year-old was doing out riding his bike around town unsupervised.
If he'd been kidnapped and murdered it's the first thing everybody would say: "Where were his parents? What were they, some kind of crackheads? Who lets a seven year old ride to the (obviously free of any concerned adults) park alone, anyway?"

I use to cruise around al lthe time at the age of 7. But my older two never were out on their own at that age.

It's a maturity issue - some can handle it (look both ways, watch out for theirselves) - but others can't.

I've learned that you can never be too careful, too cautious - bad things will always happen and you can do your kids more harm by smothering them to protect them from lfie.

Reminds me of a coworker who admitted being a bully as a kid, seems he got a growth spurt and used it to bully his classmates, but then his growth stopped, and theirs continued, and continued. Revenge is sweet, and best served cold....

Back
Top Bottom