• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What’s with this nonsensical bullshit that some say Obama was “born in Kenya”.

You’re making crap up. I have yet to ACTUALLY SEE AND HEAR ANYTHING from Trump praising white supremacy. I’ve actually seen and heard the exact opposite from him.
Very fine people on both sides.

Let's all just remember who the Birther in Chief was:

trump-birther-tweet.png

trump_tweet_birther_080612.png

Or just:
67 Times Donald Trump Tweeted About the 'Birther' Movement

Your sig: The President of the United States is Actively Being Investigated for Bank and Insurance Fraud, Among Other Things
Nothing new at all. The Dems are trying everything against Trump and seeing what sticks, but so far - no go on anything at all.

The investigation of the Biden Crime Family for bribery, fraud, tax evasion and money laundering should begin shortly at a Federal District near you any time now. If there ever was a family deserving of an investigation - it is the Bidens. Obama and Clinton cannot be far behind.

You know what to tell me. Your job is to deny racism. Just keep doing that.

I didn't deny racism.
I denied that the "birther" issue was an example.

No, nobody cares about this anymore. It's just habit. Remember, they had been repeating the same nonsense for years. It's jammed into their brains pretty good.

No, nobody cares about this anymore. It's just habit. Remember, they had been repeating the same nonsense for years. It's jammed into their brains pretty good.
As I have stated ad infinitum, I accepted Obama's birthright. My issue was, and is policy and ideology.

Your avatar says it all, in my opinion.

View attachment 67301370
more so than any Trump supporter ever wants to admit...

"In 1971, businessman Donald Trump moved to Manhattan, where he became involved in large construction projects. In 1973, the Justice Department accused him of violating the Fair Housing Act in 39 of his properties. The government alleged that Trump's corporation quoted different rental terms and conditions and made false "no vacancy" statements to African Americans for apartments it managed in Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island.

Representing Trump, Cohn filed a countersuit against the government for $100 million, asserting that the charges were "irresponsible and baseless." The countersuit was unsuccessful. Trump settled the charges out of court in 1975, saying he was satisfied that the agreement did not "compel the Trump organization to accept persons on welfare as tenants unless as qualified as any other tenant." The corporation was required to send a bi-weekly list of vacancies to the New York Urban League, a civil rights group, and give the league priority for certain locations. In 1978, the Trump Organization was again in court for violating terms of the 1975 settlement"

"Cohn aided Roger Stone in Ronald Reagan's presidential campaign in 1979–1980, helping Stone arrange for John B. Anderson to get the nomination of the Liberal Party of New York, a move that would help split the opposition to Reagan in the state. Stone said Cohn gave him a suitcase that Stone avoided opening and, as instructed by Cohn, dropped it off at the office of a lawyer influential in Liberal Party circles. Reagan carried the state with 46 percent of the vote. Speaking after the statute of limitations for bribery had expired, Stone said, "I paid his law firm. Legal fees. I don't know what he did for the money, but whatever it was, the Liberal Party reached its right conclusion out of a matter of principle."

"In 1986, a five-judge panel of the Appellate Division of the New York State Supreme Court disbarred Cohn for unethical and unprofessional conduct, including misappropriation of clients' funds, lying on a bar application, and pressuring a client to amend his will. That arose from an incident in 1975, when Cohn entered the hospital room of the dying and comatose Lewis Rosenstiel, the multi-millionaire founder of Schenley Industries, forced a pen to his hand and lifted it to the will, in an attempt to make himself and Cathy Frank, Rosenstiel's granddaughter, beneficiaries. The resulting marks were determined in court to be indecipherable and in no way a valid signature."

First off, everybody knows that I’m a conservative here. So please don’t assume because I make this statement that I’m not one.
My reply is not based on your professed lean or on what you think everyone knows of you, but instead are based on what you posted. It is clear to me that you are just assuming and do not know enough about the subject you are attempting to discuss. I will explain why. To do so I will point to your last statement first.

And even if Obama actually was born in Kenya, he has an American mother; therefore he was still eligible to run for president. But there’s also too much evidence to support that Obama was born in Hawaii.
Your comment here is absolutely incorrect and shows you do not know enough about the subject to even be discussing it.

Under the law at the time he would not have been born a citizen.

The law at the time required his mother be in the US 10 years prior to the birth (she had been), with at least 5 of those years being after the age of 14 (she wasn't).
She gave birth to Barack at the age of 18. She would have had to be 19 years old for him to have been granted citizenship. (Not to mention that granting of citizenship by legislation has nothign to do with being a natural born Citizen. Such citizenship attaches after birth, not by birth itself.)

A person born abroad in wedlock to a U.S. citizen and an alien acquires U.S. citizenship at birth if the U.S. citizen parent has been physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions prior to the person’s birth for the period required by the statute in effect when the person was born (INA 301(g), formerly INA 301(a)(7)).
For birth on or after November 14, 1986, the U.S. citizen parent must have been physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for five years prior to the person’s birth, at least two of which were after the age of 14.
For birth between December 24, 1952 and November 13, 1986, the U.S. citizen parent must have been physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for 10 years prior to the person’s birth, at least five of which were after the age of 14 for the person to acquire U.S. citizenship at birth. The U.S. citizen parent must be the genetic or the gestational parent and the legal parent of the child under local law at the time and place of the child’s birth to transmit U.S. citizenship.​

eman926 said:
Secondly, Obama being “born in Kenya” is just as much nonsense as [...]
Actually, no.
Whether or not a candidate qualifies is a legitimate issue.
In Obama's case there was a legitimate question because of information he himself released to his literary agency, and newspaper releases.
His literary agency published in 1991 that their client (Obama) was born in Kenya. Newspapers also claimed he had been born in Kenya.

So the question was legitimate.

I know that Trump eventually said that Obama was born in America. The problem is, I still have to debate individuals on Facebook who still say he was “born in Kenya”.
You do not have to debate anyone, regardless of what the President has said about the issue.
Given the suspect information Obama has provided (instead of his original BC that he claimed he found) and all the evidence and counter claims made, it is not a settled issue by any means.

I do not know if he was or wasn't born in Kenya, but I do know enough evidence exists to suggest he wasn't.
FFS. His own brother reasserted his Kenyan birth as recently as this month.

Regardless of where he was born, there is another argument that is not dependent on that.
Even if he was born in the USA, he was not a natural born citizen.

We don't know where he was born with proof as of yet.
All we do know for sure is that he was not born in Hawaii.

Didn't we beat this horse dead four years ago, even Trump admitted Obama was born in Hawaii.
I'm pretty sure this is a national security issue now, and an embarrassment to the US,
so all agreed to drop it.

I'm pretty sure this is a national security issue now, and an embarrassment to the US,
so all agreed to drop it.

Oh look, you are a birther as well. Why am I not surprised :rolleyes:

It’s not a national security issue in the slightest. It’s an embarrassment that there are so many morons who still believe in birtherism, but that is a different story.

Oh look, you are a birther as well. Why am I not surprised :rolleyes:

It’s not a national security issue in the slightest. It’s an embarrassment that there are so many morons who still believe in birtherism, but that is a different story.
How do you justify calling someone a birther.

When someone is a birther, I call them a birther.

It’s quite simple actually.
So you actually have no definition, just a made up word that can mean anything.

It directly refers to the idiotic conspiracy theory you are spewing
And what conspiracy theory am I spewing, seems you are making up quite a bit here.

This idiotic conspiracy theory. Right here. Literally textbook birtherism.
Considering there is not one shred of evidence he was born in Hawaii, and much to disprove it.
It is hardly a conspiracy.

Considering there is not one shred of evidence he was born in Hawaii, and much to disprove it.
It is hardly a conspiracy.

There is literally zero evidence that he “wasn’t born in Hawaii”. Which is why it’s an idiotic conspiracy theory.

There is literally zero evidence that he “wasn’t born in Hawaii”. Which is why it’s an idiotic conspiracy theory.
In a time of corruption mostly japanese were getting short form Birth certs for citizenship.
People born there got long form ones on file, and carried short form with them.
Obamas long form exists only in cyberspace, and was never shown.
In fact, large amounts of money was spent to keep it secret.
It would have been easy, cheap, and honest to show it when it was requested by many.

It would be impossible to forge one that will pass forensics.

In a time of corruption mostly japanese were getting short form Birth certs for citizenship.
People born there got long form ones on file, and carried short form with them.
Obamas long form exists only in cyberspace, and was never shown.
In fact, large amounts of money was spent to keep it secret.
It would have been easy, cheap, and honest to show it when it was requested by many.

It would be impossible to forge one that will pass forensics.

Oh look, more deluded crap from you.

No, Obama‘s birth certificate was not “kept secret”. The Hawaiian Department of Health confirmed the legitimacy of his original birth certificate years ago, and he released the certified long form birth certificate back in 2011.

But I’m not surprised that you are dumb enough to believe in birtherism.

Oh look, more deluded crap from you.

No, Obama‘s birth certificate was not “kept secret”. The Hawaiian Department of Health confirmed the legitimacy of his original birth certificate years ago, and he released the certified long form birth certificate back in 2011.

But I’m not surprised that you are dumb enough to believe in birtherism.
From what I understand, the term "birtherism" has a lot of characterizes, most of which I do not subscribe to.

Obama's birth cert is still on the internet.
It is a computer generated image, made with Adobe Illustrator, a new program at the time.
However anyone can take it apart using the same program, and many on the web have done so,
Some with instructions.

Nobody has seen the original which is supposed to be in Hawaii, and a lot of money was spent to keep it that way.
In any police work, that fact itself, arouses suspicion.

From what I understand, the term "birtherism" has a lot of characterizes, most of which I do not subscribe to.

Obama's birth cert is still on the internet.
It is a computer generated image, made with Adobe Illustrator, a new program at the time.
However anyone can take it apart using the same program, and many on the web have done so,
Some with instructions.

Nobody has seen the original which is supposed to be in Hawaii, and a lot of money was spent to keep it that way.
In any police work, that fact itself, arouses suspicion.

You don’t understand much, and you are grasping at straws. There is zero evidence that the image was faked.

You spewing birtherism, a completely debunked conspiracy theory, says a lot about you.

You don’t understand much, and you are grasping at straws. There is zero evidence that the image was faked.

You spewing birtherism, a completely debunked conspiracy theory, says a lot about you.
LOLOL

There is piles of evidence, from many independent sources, showing exactly how it was faked.

Just because you don't know how to use the program, does not mean it's fake.

Back
Top Bottom