• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What’s with this nonsensical bullshit that some say Obama was “born in Kenya”.

The doubts were created by Obama's publisher, who inadvertently wrote in the book that Obama was born in Kenya.
In 2008, John McCain also had a citizenship issue raised, given that he was born in the Panama Canal zone.
You guys want to see racism where none exists.

It is your job to deny racism until death. For today's work, you get a gold star for bravery and a purple heart for injuring your pinkie while typing that reply.

It is your job to deny racism until death. For today's work, you get a gold star for bravery and a purple heart for injuring your pinkie while typing that reply.

It was the correct reply.

Serenity, if someone continues to believe the birther theory after all evidence they present of it has been proven wrong, then yes, I agree with you. But if they don't believe the proof, then that doesn't make them a "racist"--it only makes them stubborn.

There are black astronauts, but that doesn't make anyone who disbelieves NASA a "racist."

Racism is terrible, but we can't use it as a convenient weapon to use against people with whom we simply disagree.
You are not taking into account the extreme racism inherent in the Birthers claims. It is an attempt to brand a black man as a foreigner who is unfit to be President. And studies show that birthers are far more likely to have "racial resentment" than non-birthers.

A key driver of birtherism: racial resentment
Political scientist Philip Klinkner of Hamilton College examined the effects of race and racial attitudes on birtherism in a 2014 paper. He concluded that belief in birtherism “is almost completely resistant to factual correction and is strongly related [to] partisanship and attitudes about race.”

To evaluate this, Klinkner conducted a survey of Americans asking them about their views on Obama’s birthplace. He then compared the answers to other factors, such as political party, race, and racial attitudes. He found that birthers are almost entirely white, are mostly Republican, and reported high levels of racial resentment.

In fact, a stronger belief in birtherism correlated tightly with increasing levels of racial resentment.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/11/29/16713664/trump-obama-birth-certificate

"Almost completely resistant to factual correction" is the kindest description of a moron that I've ever read.

First off, everybody knows that I’m a conservative here. So please don’t assume because I make this statement that I’m not one. Secondly, Obama being “born in Kenya” is just as much nonsense as “we faked the moon landing” or “9/11 was an inside job” and all the rest of the idiotic conspiracy theories. Yes I do think that Alex Jones is an idiotic lunatic. (Alex Jones endorsing drinking strange products like drinking bone juice only further prove that!). And even if Obama actually was born in Kenya, he has an American mother; therefore he was still eligible to run for president. But there’s also too much evidence to support that Obama was born in Hawaii.
This is very very very old news. Why are you bringing it up? It's just inflammatory and has been settled...except for, as you point out, lunatics.

There are more current issues to discuss already posted...or maybe that you've seen.

But we do know how ignorant rubes behave thanks to birtherism.
You just called 51% of Republicans morons......and rightly so. Most are ignorant rubes. That is why they vote for Trump too.

Let me see, ignorant rube, slur against country folk which I will ignore because I assume you just don't know better. You see, ignorance can be educated but brain dead liberals are just that.

Let me see, ignorant rube, slur against country folk which I will ignore because I assume you just don't know better. You see, ignorance can be educated but brain dead liberals are just that.
Rubes are guillible and are easily conned. They can come from urban areas also but where ever they come from those that fall for Trumps cons are rubes.

The doubts were created by Obama's publisher, who inadvertently wrote in the book that Obama was born in Kenya.
In 2008, John McCain also had a citizenship issue raised, given that he was born in the Panama Canal zone.
You guys want to see racism where none exists.
The studies I linked to provided unquestionable proof that birtherism is connected in nearly every case to high levels of "racial resentment" I'm sorry if that pops your bubble.

Political scientist Philip Klinkner of Hamilton College examined the effects of race and racial attitudes on birtherism in a 2014 paper. He concluded that belief in birtherism “is almost completely resistant to factual correction and is strongly related [to] partisanship and attitudes about race.”
To evaluate this, Klinkner conducted a survey of Americans asking them about their views on Obama’s birthplace. He then compared the answers to other factors, such as political party, race, and racial attitudes. He found that birthers are almost entirely white, are mostly Republican, and reported high levels of racial resentment.
In fact, a stronger belief in birtherism correlated tightly with increasing levels of racial resentment.

The studies I linked to provided unquestionable proof that birtherism is connected in nearly every case to high levels of "racial resentment" I'm sorry if that pops your bubble.

That's nice of you to provide links, but their entire mindset is to be suspicious of or to disregard facts, studies, science, and anything else that doesn't come from Trump's mouth.

There is no racism because they said so, and that's how it will be until they're dead.

The biggest exporter of this conspiracy theory is none other than Donald Trump.
Where have you been, living under a rock?

I know that Trump eventually said that Obama was born in America. The problem is, I still have to debate individuals on Facebook who still say he was “born in Kenya”.

Obama was born in a hut in Kenya.Right before the election he visited his granny in Hawaii.She died soon after.Sounds fishy to me.

Cool. There are still birthers. We should keep them in cages and feed them peanuts.

"We thought they were human beings for years. Then science discovered otherwise. Go ahead. Ask them about Communism. Stand back from the cage when you do. It's the best way to avoid the spittle. Also, they tend to wet themselves."

Eman, I believe I agree with everything you said.

Having said that, I do believe that many people who believe those things are sincere and are good people. I just disagree with them on things like that.
Yeah, we know, there are good people on both sides.........

First off, everybody knows that I’m a conservative here. So please don’t assume because I make this statement that I’m not one. Secondly, Obama being “born in Kenya” is just as much nonsense as “we faked the moon landing” or “9/11 was an inside job” and all the rest of the idiotic conspiracy theories. Yes I do think that Alex Jones is an idiotic lunatic. (Alex Jones endorsing drinking strange products like drinking bone juice only further prove that!). And even if Obama actually was born in Kenya, he has an American mother; therefore he was still eligible to run for president. But there’s also too much evidence to support that Obama was born in Hawaii.

It is generally a good idea for someone not to become so triggered that the other side knows it is a trigger and therefore uses it to trigger that person's side. I doubt most people who refer to him as a Kenyan belief he is a Kenyan. They just like to see people clutch their pearls.

So.........?

Yeah, we know, there are good people on both sides.........
Going off topic here but you do realize that Trump also mentioned in the rest of that statement that the Neo-Nazis and the White Supremecists should be condemned. But of course you don't know that, because you only pay attention to what the mainstream media selectively edits. As for many of the other comments that say that those people who said Obama was born in Kenya are "racist", well that's always your lame excuse. While that particular opinion that Obama being born in Kenya is rather stupid (the individual may not be stupid, but that particular opinion is), it's not racist. If someone called Obama the N-word, now THAT would be racist. It's kind of like thinking that a particular individual who comes from Italy and you happen to mistakenly think he comes from Spain. The last name "Obama" is Kenyan, after all. Barack Hussein Obama II does have a very foreign sound to it. But again, despite all that, I still think believing Obama being Kenyan is still rather stupid. His father was. He isn't. What about when Joe Biden saying that schools become like "jungles" after they integrate them? What about when Biden says that blacks that don't vote for him "ain't black"? What about Biden stating about blacks not being diverse? What about Biden's friendship with former KKK member Robert Byrd?

Going off topic here but you do realize that Trump also mentioned in the rest of that statement that the Neo-Nazis and the White Supremecists should be condemned. But of course you don't know that, because you only pay attention to what the mainstream media selectively edits. As for many of the other comments that say that those people who said Obama was born in Kenya are "racist", well that's always your lame excuse. While that particular opinion that Obama being born in Kenya is rather stupid (the individual may not be stupid, but that particular opinion is), it's not racist. If someone called Obama the N-word, now THAT would be racist. It's kind of like thinking that a particular individual who comes from Italy and you happen to mistakenly think he comes from Spain. The last name "Obama" is Kenyan, after all. Barack Hussein Obama II does have a very foreign sound to it. But again, despite all that, I still think believing Obama being Kenyan is still rather stupid. His father was. He isn't. What about when Joe Biden saying that schools become like "jungles" after they integrate them? What about when Biden says that blacks that don't vote for him "ain't black"? What about Biden stating about blacks not being diverse? What about Biden's friendship with former KKK member Robert Byrd?

Everybody knows that. He goes back and forth between tepidly condemning them and encouraging them. He's been doing it for years. The vast majority of America, except for Fox News Republicans, understands that Trump is a racist.

The Fox News Republicans will say that anything short of a person calling another person the n-word isn't racist. And pointing it out is playing the race card or being a race pimp or whatever other goofy terms old dumb sloppy mentally lazy white people use these days.

Trump also tweeted white power sentiment on his own Twitter. He retweets conspiracy theories. He's made a few "mistakes" letting his true feelings slip. Heś either as stupid as he claims, he's in agreement with them or worse and he himself is racist. He wants votes and he knows they'll give him some. None of this is a good thing if you're president.

I have never done the things you are accusing me of. Must be another poster. Or you must be lumping me in with the stereotype you are hyped up on at the moment. I live in the state that had Sherriff Joe, so I've heard all about the birth certificate mantra. It's b.s.

Regarding Biden, I don't really like the guy. I won't comment on that. I'm voting to get rid of Trump, not because I think Biden is a decent, upstanding candidate. I think Trump is a lunatic, who will grab votes from anyone he can including White Supremacists, QAon, and any other creepy group that loves him and thinks he's their savior. He eats it up. He won't denounce any follower, even if they're clearly bad for this country.
He promotes hatred and he is divisive.
He can't handle the pandemic and is sick of trying.
He's just not president material.
He's not smart enough.
He's dangerous.
He needs to go.

Trump also tweeted white power sentiment on his own Twitter. He retweets conspiracy theories. He's made a few "mistakes" letting his true feelings slip. Heś either as stupid as he claims, he's in agreement with them or worse and he himself is racist. He wants votes and he knows they'll give him some. None of this is a good thing if you're president.

I have never done the things you are accusing me of. Must be another poster. Or you must be lumping me in with the stereotype you are hyped up on at the moment. I live in the state that had Sherriff Joe, so I've heard all about the birth certificate mantra. It's b.s.

Regarding Biden, I don't really like the guy. I won't comment on that. I'm voting to get rid of Trump, not because I think Biden is a decent, upstanding candidate. I think Trump is a lunatic, who will grab votes from anyone he can including White Supremacists, QAon, and any other creepy group that loves him and thinks he's their savior. He eats it up. He won't denounce any follower, even if they're clearly bad for this country.
He's not smart enough.
He's dangerous.
He needs to go.

Yeah, he's a big fat classless dumb guy who shouldn't be president. I wouldn't trust him to bag my groceries. He'd put the eggs on the bottom, mix the meats with the fruits. The guy's a mess.

Are you from the past?

He's not smart enough.
He's dangerous.
He needs to go.
You’re making crap up. I have yet to ACTUALLY SEE AND HEAR ANYTHING from Trump praising white supremacy. I’ve actually seen and heard the exact opposite from him.

Back
Top Bottom