• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What’s With the Sanctions Game w/Ukraine?

VySky

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
I just heard Biden is considering additional sanctions. The incremental approach is ridiculous.

Why not put the mother of all sanctions on Russia then back them off when appropriate?

I just heard Biden is considering additional sanctions. The incremental approach is ridiculous.

Why not put the mother of all sanctions on Russia then back them off when appropriate?
Like what? What would you do, (hypothetical) President VySky?

Like what? What would you do, (hypothetical) President VySky?
Whatever this laundry list of sanctions he has I recommend at this point fast forwarding to end of the list.

Whatever this laundry list of sanctions he has I recommend at this point fast forwarding to end of the list.
Whad? I want specifics?

We're past sanctions. Congress has Senate and House bills to seize and redistribute to Ukraine the assets of Putin's oligarchs.

Last edited:

Sure, throw all our cards on the table and if they dont work...have nothing left to use against them. You would "shoot your entire wad" and then if it didnt work...be stuck holding your, um, wad shooter...and still be facing an active enemy.

Glad, so glad, you aint runnin' this show.

Sure, throw all our cards on the table and if they dont work...have nothing left to use against them. You would "shoot your entire wad" and then if it didnt work...be stuck holding your, um, wad shooter...and still be facing an active enemy.

Glad, so glad, you aint runnin' this show.
But we know they’re not going to work. So it’s symbolic

You’re right. We would be better off if I was running things.

It’s a called a farce. I don’t agree with the incremental symbolic approach

Symbolic? It's had real impact, real effects. It's not surprising you werent aware of that...since blind bias such as yours screens facts out...but still, it's sad. And the current sanctions will create more hardships the longer they're in place. *sigh* that should be obvious but I figured it needed to be spelled out for you.

Symbolic? It's had real impact, real effects. It's not surprising you werent aware of that...since blind bias such as yours screens facts out...but still, it's sad. And the current sanctions will create more hardships the longer they're in place. *sigh* that should be obvious but I figured it needed to be spelled out for you.
I figured you thought you had something figured out. fAiL

Source this opinion.

You are wrong about almost everything so...no. You shooting your wad prematurely would have had us at this point, now...and nowhere else to turn up the heat. Ugh, it's sickening to even think of.

An insult with zero discussion...you're right, you fail.

An insult with zero discussion...you're right, you fail.
And insult you first threw with the stupid I figured comment. See what I did there? I figured I needed to spell it out for you. 😊

And insult you first threw with the stupid I figured comment. See what I did there? I figured I needed to spell it out for you. 😊

Meh, I still was trying to discuss...but you're desperate to avoid that. See what happens when you shoot your wad all at once? You're left empty-handed :D No counter-argument left you with nothing but insults. You still havent addressed my point...what happens if your entire 'load' all at once doesnt work?

Meh, I still was trying to discuss...but you're desperate to avoid that. See what happens when you shoot your wad all at once? You're left empty-handed :D No counter-argument left you with nothing but insults. You still havent addressed my point...what happens if your entire 'load' all at once doesnt work?
We know it’s not going to work.

But for arguments sake. What is the last sanction on the list? And what line does Russia have to cross to get there?

Oh, and a suggestion. If truly trying to engage in discussion throwing jabs isn’t a good way to try and initiate one.

We know it’s not going to work.

Source? Again, you're almost always wrong so I definitely need more than your opinion.

Your opinion is not a substitute for the answer to my question: what happens if your shooting your entire 'load' all at once doesnt work?

But for arguments sake. What is the last sanction on the list? And what line does Russia have to cross to get there?

That's not really the question...you asked why we didnt impose ALL of them. Why does the last one matter then?

You "assume" there's a 'mother of all sanctions?' Then why are you asking me what it is?

Source? Again, you're almost always wrong so I definitely need more than your opinion.

Your opinion is not a substitute for the answer to my question: what happens if your shooting your entire 'load' all at once doesnt work?

That's not really the question...you asked why we didnt impose ALL of them. Why does the last one matter then?

You "assume" there's a 'mother of all sanctions?' Then why are you asking me what it is?
You've falsely assumed that VySky isn't hardcore pro-Russia and actually wants to debate the merits of sanctions. He doesn't. He wants there to be no sanctions and sees Putin and Russia as the good guys. Don't waste your time.

You're vocally pro-Russia and pro-Putin, so if you're complaining about sanctions we know we're doing the right thing.

Can you be a bit more vague mr. mastermind?

We do have something figured out, you are hyperpartisan and only looking to stir the shit on here. Most of your posts are antagonistic bullshit.

Biden does not have that weapon in case you have not noticed. But what is worse, you already know Biden does not have that weapon and yet you post up this thread as if it is anything more than another swipe at Biden.

Back
Top Bottom