• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What’s going on? Another Fox News host calls for assault weapon ban after...[W:234]

Re: WHOA! Finally, a couple Fox News pundits open the door to gun control!

Which is your way os saying you cannot provide any verifiable evidence for your claim

Police officers in the USA do NOT have the weapons they do because of the Second Amendment. They have the weapons they do because they are tools of the trade. That is true in the USA and is true in nations all over the globe irregardless of any rights of citizens here or in any other nation. So to try and dishonestly connect the right to keep and bear arms with the weapons police officers have and pretend they then apply to common use among the citizenry is the worst sort of gross intellectual fraud.

Except the police and the citizenry have more weapons in common than they do as a difference.

If you want to find common use of something you look at the ones being used, not the population entire to make an intellectually phony argument that its not common to violate rights. Im saying the number of AR-15s in circulation in the US is not known, but it is known it is a popular model, per the sources I provided. Meanwhile you have provided nothing.

As per usual, I have already provided some evidence you have failed to provide any except to distort the circulation numbers by discounting AR-15s sold between 2011 and now, when every year until 2015 had been a new record. You really haven't provided any argument at all.

Re: What’s going on? Another Fox News host calls for assault weapon ban after Orlando

Again, you argue with invented positions of your own - not what was said to you.

Which is why I asked you to clarify but, as is usual, you refuse.

You wonder why people don't engage with you? Its because of this exact situation, just clarify your position and quit being a pain.

Except the police and the citizenry have more weapons in common than they do as a difference.

Which is your belief and is irrelevant to the reality that police DO NOT possess their weapons because of any citizen right of the population.

Im saying the number of AR-15s in circulation in the US is not known, but it is known it is a popular model, per the sources I provided. Meanwhile you have provided nothing.

That is false. I took YOUR NUMBERS and demonstrated that 98% of the American public do NOT have an AR 15 and thus your application of the word POPULAR is false on its face.

As per usual, I have already provided some evidence you have failed to provide any except to distort the circulation numbers by discounting AR-15s sold between 2011 and now, when every year until 2015 had been a new record. You really haven't provided any argument at all.

Not at all. Add a half million more to your guesstimate. Add a million more to your speculations. Get up to 3 or even 4 % of Americans who own an AR 15. That still is far far far from common use as it would still not be embraced by over 95% of Americans.

Re: What’s going on? Another Fox News host calls for assault weapon ban after Orlando

Which is why I asked you to clarify but, as is usual, you refuse.

You wonder why people don't engage with you? Its because of this exact situation, just clarify your position and quit being a pain.

Like you have dishonestly done with your "any militia" response?

You asked me to clarify what exactly?

Which is your belief and is irrelevant to the reality that police DO NOT possess their weapons because of any citizen right of the population.

Its a fact, not a belief.

That is false. I took YOUR NUMBERS and demonstrated that 98% of the American public do NOT have an AR 15 and thus your application of the word POPULAR is false on its face.

You moved the goalposts because you don't understand how to apply common use except to further your argument.

Not at all. Add a half million more to your guesstimate. Add a million more to your speculations. Get up to 3 or even 4 % of Americans who own an AR 15. That still is far far far from common use as it would still not be embraced by over 95% of Americans.

Again you attempt to misuse the term common use to apply to all citizens rather than gun owners. I suggest you find sales numbers for 2014. It will surprise you.

Like you have dishonestly done with your "any militia" response?

You asked me to clarify what exactly?

Again, go back to the original quote and clarify your response. Which is what you should have done from the start when questioned.

If a policeman/woman answers a call for a state militia it is perfectly plausible they would bring their service weapon.

What’s going on? Another Fox News host calls for assault weapon ban after...[W:234]

That false claim has been repeatedly exposed and even some on your side have admitted their error.

Here is the language in Chapter 18 Title 10

The law is referring to the rightful law enforcement authorities for civilians. It is NOT defining police officers as civilians.

So you and all the gun folk can drop that canard as its been exposed - and rather easily at that.

No. It quite clearly refers to civil law enforcement personnel. As opposed to military law enforcement personnel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its a fact, not a belief.

You moved the goalposts because you don't understand how to apply common use except to further your argument.

Again you attempt to misuse the term common use to apply to all citizens rather than gun owners. I suggest you find sales numbers for 2014. It will surprise you.

Everything you repeated in that post has already been refuted by me.

If you want to discuss 2014 sales numbers - it is incumbent upon YOU to present them. My point has already been made and stands that well over 95% of the American public has NOT embraced the AR 15 and it is far from popular or in common use.

Again, go back to the original quote and clarify your response. Which is what you should have done from the start when questioned.

If a policeman/woman answers a call for a state militia it is perfectly plausible they would bring their service weapon.

What specific state militia are you talking about?

Re: What’s going on? Another Fox News host calls for assault weapon ban after...[W:23

No. It quite clearly refers to civil law enforcement personnel. As opposed to military law enforcement personnel.

I quoted the law and explained the language to you and others have conceded the point. Give it up - its already been gone over and you have no point.

Here is the language in Chapter 18 Title 10

(a) The Secretary of Defense, in cooperation with the Attorney General, shall conduct an annual briefing of law enforcement personnel of each State (including law enforcement personnel of the political subdivisions of each State) regarding information, training, technical support, and equipment and facilities available to civilian law enforcement personnel from the Department of Defense.

But feel free to quote the law as I did and tell me where it legally defines police officers as civilians. It does not do so. It merely is referring to police authorities who have authority over civilians.

Re: What’s going on? Another Fox News host calls for assault weapon ban after...[W:23

"Civilian law enforcement personnel".

There. Quoted.

What specific state militia are you talking about?

The militia, its locations, its type is irrelevant. Do you dispute that if a militia were called up for defense that it is feasible that a police officer would bring their service weapon?

Everything you repeated in that post has already been refuted by me.

If you want to discuss 2014 sales numbers - it is incumbent upon YOU to present them. My point has already been made and stands that well over 95% of the American public has NOT embraced the AR 15 and it is far from popular or in common use.

If you want to discuss the most commonly used automobile, you don't compare it against population. You compare it by the vehicles in use. You are distorting definitions to further your agenda.

Haymarket, no one tracks sales, the federal government is not allowed to do so. All we have are manufactured numbers verses exports. It is accepted even amongst gun rights opponents that the AR-15 is a popular long rifle.

Your argument is hair splitting silliness and not based upon the definition of common use.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom