• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What’s going on? Another Fox News host calls for assault weapon ban after...[W:234]

Re: WHOA! Finally, a couple Fox News pundits open the door to gun control!

If you claim I believe something, simply quote me saying what you claim I believe. And 269 does not say anything other than the facts..... none of which you seem to be able to dispute.

I am asking for you to clarify, your refusal is proof enough that you are running from your argument, your concession is noted and accepted.

Police DO NOT carry the weapons they do because of the Second Amendment. The carry the weapons they have because it is tools of the trade - just as it is all over the word regardless of what rights the people may have to weapons in other countries or not.

So you cannot figure those into the equation and it intellectual fraud to do so. Besides, police are NOT civilians no matter how badly the far right wants to rewrite the dictionary so they can get their hands on more powerful weaponry to better prepare for the day of right wing armageddon when they do battle with police and the armed services.

2% of our population embracing AR 15's is not common use... far far far from it.

Common use is equated with police use as well, read Heller and previous second decisions regarding police use being regarded as synonymous with common use regarding small arms.

Re: What’s going on? Another Fox News host calls for assault weapon ban after Orlando

In other words, Waldman does NOT believe as you believe and must be dismissed.

Waldman is agreeing with dissenting opinion that was a minority of 1. It was rejected as being on unsound ground.

Common use is equated with police use as well, read Heller and previous second decisions regarding police use being regarded as synonymous with common use regarding small arms.

I see nothing of that in Heller. Please quote the appropriate section that you believe covers this claim.

Re: What’s going on? Another Fox News host calls for assault weapon ban after Orlando

Waldman is agreeing with dissenting opinion that was a minority of 1. It was rejected as being on unsound ground.

In other words, Waldman does not believe as you believe and must be dismissed.

Actually it was rejected because Scalia had not yet died. Today - that decision would no longer be 5 to 4 as it was written and decided. Next year, things could well be reversed or ready to do so.

Unsound ground had not a damn thing to do with it and you know enough about numbers to realize that.

I see nothing of that in Heller. Please quote the appropriate section that you believe covers this claim.

What weapons do you believe police would bring if mustered?

We may as well consider at this point (for we will have to consider eventually) what types of weapons Miller permits. Read in isolation, Miller’s phrase “part of ordinary military equipment” could mean that only those weapons useful in warfare are protected. That would be a startling reading of the opinion, since it would mean that the National Firearms Act’s restrictions on machineguns (not challenged in Miller) might be unconstitutional, machineguns being useful in warfare in 1939. We think that Miller’s “ordinary military equipment” language must be read in tandem with what comes after: “[O]rdinarily when called for [militia] service [able-bodied] men were expected to appear bearing arms supplied by themselves and of the kind in common use at the time.” 307 U. S., at
179. The traditional militia was formed from a pool of men bringing arms “in common use at the time” for lawful purposes like self-defense. “In the colonial and revolutionary war era, [small-arms] weapons used by militiamen and weapons used in defense of person and home were one and the same.”

In other words, Waldman does not believe as you believe and must be dismissed.

Actually it was rejected because Scalia had not yet died. Today - that decision would no longer be 5 to 4 as it was written and decided. Next year, things could well be reversed or ready to do so.

Unsound ground had not a damn thing to do with it and you know enough about numbers to realize that.

In other words, you don't think the ruling should be obeyed because you don't think it will come out the same now. That's an emotional leap not a logical one.

Police DO NOT carry the weapons they do because of the Second Amendment. The carry the weapons they have because it is tools of the trade - just as it is all over the word regardless of what rights the people may have to weapons in other countries or not.

So you cannot figure those into the equation and it intellectual fraud to do so. Besides, police are NOT civilians no matter how badly the far right wants to rewrite the dictionary so they can get their hands on more powerful weaponry to better prepare for the day of right wing armageddon when they do battle with police and the armed services.

2% of our population embracing AR 15's is not common use... far far far from it.

Addendum, In common use would mean in common use amongst those using firearms not the population entire. Again, quit trying to move the goalposts.

So she is one of your feared boogymen. Today is NOT the administration of William Jefferson Clinton.

I did not say it is, sport. I just blew up your suggestion that Sarah Brady had not power in government. Don't make statements if you do not want to risk them getting challenged.

Besides, police are NOT civilians no matter how badly the far right wants to rewrite the dictionary so they can get their hands on more powerful weaponry to better prepare for the day of right wing armageddon when they do battle with police and the armed services.

Break out the tin foil hats.

I did not say it is, sport. I just blew up your suggestion that Sarah Brady had not power in government. Don't make statements if you do not want to risk them getting challenged.

This is not about sports. My statement referred to the political environment TODAY - not something a few decades ago.

But then, you knew that and Brady was the best you could up with - and that was not very applicable in the first place.

Addendum, In common use would mean in common use amongst those using firearms not the population entire. Again, quit trying to move the goalposts.

Feel free to provide that documentation.

In other words, you don't think the ruling should be obeyed because you don't think it will come out the same now. That's an emotional leap not a logical one.

I never said that. You are trying to argue against you own invented responses - not mine.

What weapons do you believe police would bring if mustered?

Nothing in there says what you claimed Heller stated.

Feel free to provide that documentation.

Feel free to try to prove the opposite. Why is it you feel you have to prove nothing and we have to prove everything? How would you get commonly used firearms except by examining those firearms in use? Do you even logic bro?

I never said that. You are trying to argue against you own invented responses - not mine.

Sigh, semantic argument, you said if it were re-ruled it would be in your favor. From such a statement it can inferred that you don't respect the current decision and isn't valid.

If you don't like my interpretation, feel free to clarify your own instead of engaging in semantic horse crap. You know, like everyone else does, presents their views honestly and candidly rather than prying them from you like a hostile cross examination.

Nothing in there says what you claimed Heller stated.

Oh. Do you believe police might be part of a militia? What weapons do you suppose they would bring?

Are the police part of our civil government, or part of the military? The idea that they are not civilians is absurd.

"Chapter 18 of Title 10 United States Code refers to non-military law enforcement officers as civilians, since they are employees rather than enlisted personnel, and also in order to distinguish itself from military police."

Are the police part of our civil government, or part of the military? The idea that they are not civilians is absurd.

"Chapter 18 of Title 10 United States Code refers to non-military law enforcement officers as civilians, since they are employees rather than enlisted personnel, and also in order to distinguish itself from military police."

You realize he argued the opposite for 10 pages in a different thread? He's going to chase this down the rabbit hole in this one as well, I would assume.

Feel free to try to prove the opposite. Why is it you feel you have to prove nothing and we have to prove everything? How would you get commonly used firearms except by examining those firearms in use? Do you even logic bro?

Which is your way os saying you cannot provide any verifiable evidence for your claim

In common use would mean in common use amongst those using firearms not the population entire.

Police officers in the USA do NOT have the weapons they do because of the Second Amendment. They have the weapons they do because they are tools of the trade. That is true in the USA and is true in nations all over the globe irregardless of any rights of citizens here or in any other nation. So to try and dishonestly connect the right to keep and bear arms with the weapons police officers have and pretend they then apply to common use among the citizenry is the worst sort of gross intellectual fraud.

That false claim has been repeatedly exposed and even some on your side have admitted their error.

Here is the language in Chapter 18 Title 10

(a) The Secretary of Defense, in cooperation with the Attorney General, shall conduct an annual briefing of law enforcement personnel of each State (including law enforcement personnel of the political subdivisions of each State) regarding information, training, technical support, and equipment and facilities available to civilian law enforcement personnel from the Department of Defense.

The law is referring to the rightful law enforcement authorities for civilians. It is NOT defining police officers as civilians.

So you and all the gun folk can drop that canard as its been exposed - and rather easily at that.

You realize he argued the opposite for 10 pages in a different thread? He's going to chase this down the rabbit hole in this one as well, I would assume.

see post 347 - which btw is NOT new information.

Oh. Do you believe police might be part of a militia? What weapons do you suppose they would bring?

Militia? What militia?

Sigh, semantic argument, you said if it were re-ruled it would be in your favor. From such a statement it can inferred that you don't respect the current decision and isn't valid.

If you don't like my interpretation, feel free to clarify your own instead of engaging in semantic horse crap. You know, like everyone else does, presents their views honestly and candidly rather than prying them from you like a hostile cross examination.

Again, you argue with invented positions of your own - not what was said to you.

Back
Top Bottom