• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Whadda you know? Donald Trump was right...

Xelor

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The felony is paying Michael Cohen to commit a felony.
"It’s pretty basic.… A hires B to shoot someone, A is as liable as if he had pulled the trigger. You pay someone to commit a crime you are liable, criminally liable."​
-- Andrew Napolitano​

Whadda you know? Donald Trump was right: There was no collusion...There was conspiracy....I stand corrected.

The notion that ordering people to commit crimes is itself not a crime would be a tremendous relief to every mob boss currently serving time for conspiracy.

The fact that it has to be explained that ordering people to commit crimes is a crime (along with so many other things that has to be explained) has me legitimately wondering how Trump supporters are able to go one day without immediately being thrown in prison.

"It’s pretty basic.… A hires B to shoot someone, A is as liable as if he had pulled the trigger. You pay someone to commit a crime you are liable, criminally liable."​
-- Andrew Napolitano​

Whadda you know? Donald Trump was right: There was no collusion...There was conspiracy....I stand corrected.

It is almost 2019, whatever works.....who cares.....

-- Andrew Napolitano​

In this case, there was a conspiracy to do something that is perfectly legal.

It's the kind of stuff law abiding citizens do every day.

No, seriously, I need to know. How are you not in prison right now?

I create multiple shell companies for the sole purpose of hiding illegal actions every day. I had no idea.

Thanks for your insight.

I technically speed most days. So do most people, even cops.

Yes, Trump is probably not that unusual in a crowd of old white men born into privilege who are accustomed to breaking the law and then scamming their way out of it. After all, his daddy did it. Problem is, daddy was a lot smarter - just not smart enough to make one of his other kids his tax dodge / slush bucket.

:lamo

The leftist desperation is SO sad. From collusion...to this.

If a client asks a LAWYER to do something that the lawyer KNOWS or BELIEVES to be illegal...it is incumbent on THE LAWYER as...you know...the LEGAL expert...to advise and refuse.

But worse...there is LITERALLY nothing illegal in this. People WILLINGLY enter into cash settlement agreements ALL THE TIME. There was no force or coercion. For once...stormy Daniels was given money to keep her mouth CLOSED instead of opening it up for someone. She wasnt forced. She wasnt compelled. She WILLINGLY agreed.

I create multiple shell companies for the sole purpose of hiding illegal actions every day. I had no idea.

Thanks for your insight.

I technically speed most days. So do most people, even cops.

Yes, Trump is probably not that unusual in a crowd of old white men born into privilege who are accustomed to breaking the law and then scamming their way out of it. After all, his daddy did it. Problem is, daddy was a lot smarter - just not smart enough to make one of his other kids his tax dodge / slush bucket.

shrug...

I can't speak to what YOU do, but Trump didn't try to hide any illegal actions. He tried to hide legal actions.

If a client asks a LAWYER to do something that the lawyer KNOWS or BELIEVES to be illegal...it is incumbent on THE LAWYER as...you know...the LEGAL expert...to advise and refuse.

But worse...there is LITERALLY nothing illegal in this. People WILLINGLY enter into cash settlement agreements ALL THE TIME. There was no force or coercion. For once...stormy Daniels was given money to keep her mouth CLOSED instead of opening it up for someone. She wasnt forced. She wasnt compelled. She WILLINGLY agreed.

Well, there ya go. Find yourself a dirty lawyer and order him to rob a bank for you. Congratulations: you've successfully hacked the justice system.

No. The matter at hand is Trump’s intent. Why did Trump pay Daniels to be quiet? What was his intent? Prove your answer. Give us documented truth.

The notion that ordering people to commit crimes is itself not a crime would be a tremendous relief to every mob boss currently serving time for conspiracy.

So according to Trump, Bin Ladin was innocent because Bin Ladin didn't do ANYTHING with 9/11 physically he just ordered others. So, according to Trump, the US killed an "innocent man" (well as innocent as Trump is at least).

So according to Trump, Bin Ladin was innocent because Bin Ladin didn't do ANYTHING with 9/11 physically he just ordered others. So, according to Trump, the US killed an "innocent man" (well as innocent as Trump is at least).

Yeah, that appears to be the gist of it.

shrug...

I can't speak to what YOU do, but Trump didn't try to hide any illegal actions. He tried to hide legal actions.

Your Dear Leader is leading you down a path you never thought you'd walk. Inch by inch you've found yourself defending an immoral scummy coward on the slim, tenuous hope that he's not actually indictable. And that's what you've come to accept as presidential, not actually indictable.

shrug...

I'm not dumb enough to pay a lawyer megabucks to hide my legal activities, are you suggesting Trump is that dumb, but made billions?

In NYC and NJ, Donnie's illegal scams like Trump U are known by practically every adult. What American bank loaned him money after, say, 2000?

-- Andrew Napolitano​

:doh

This is the kind of thread I've come to expect from those who went to bed thinking Hillary was a shoe-in, and woke up to find she had lost to Trump back in 2016.

The witch hunt that followed was designed to find something, ANYTHING to prove Trump did not win the election fair and square.

The Russian "conspiracy/collusion" was the FBI "insurance policy," but the goal was to find whatever possible to bring him down and make everything right again.

Psychic shock turned into a search for "what went wrong!?!"

I bet the same people who defended Clinton when the Republican's were seeking to impeach him and only found perjury via "I did not have sex with that woman" are now using the "Trump paid off that woman so she wouldn't lose him the election" same way of thinking leading to impeachment back then.

(BTW, that's why I ended up voting for Clinton when he ran for a second term, my disgust for this kind of partisan witch-hunting back then.)

In this case no evidence of actual Russian/Trump conspiracy, but that doesn't matter if the witch-hunt was successful finding something else. :roll:

Well, I personally don't believe there were any "felonious actions" in paying off either woman via the NDA's. No more than cutting one's hair and buying a new suit to present the best picture for an election.

But this is what you are crowing about? Really?

IMO the hate is strong in those who follow this path, and you don't even realize it for what it is. :coffeepap:

Last edited:
Well, there ya go. Find yourself a dirty lawyer and order him to rob a bank for you. Congratulations: you've successfully hacked the justice system.

Manson should have never been convicted, I guess.

Well, I personally don't believe there were any "felonious actions" in paying off either woman via the NDA's. No more than cutting one's hair and buying a new suit to present the best picture for an election.

K, bud.

But the tell that this was illegal and Trump knew it is he ended up paying Cohen something like $420,000 in "fees" to make a $150k payment to Stormy, after Cohen's bonus, grossing up the payoff disguised as fees for income taxes.

-- Andrew Napolitano​

It's only a crime if it was for purposes of the campaign. Let us not forget the lovely Melania and perhaps the Donald did not want to inspire her ire and figured the secrecy about his liasons would be a desirable course of action and perhaps prevent some lumps up side the noodle from a Czechoslovakian rolling pin. Double edged and the prosecution needs a single edge. It's a tricky legal briar patch, don't ya' know?
/

-- Andrew Napolitano​

Apples and oranges.

it's only a crime if it was for purposes of the campaign. Let us not forget the lovely melania and perhaps the donald did not want to inspire her ire and figured the secrecy about his liasons would be a desirable course of action and perhaps prevent some lumps up side the noodle from a czechoslovakian rolling pin. Double edged and the prosecution needs a single edge. It's a tricky legal briar patch, don't ya' know?
/

lol...

Therefore and obviously, Trump had no reason to cover this up a short time before the election.

Well, I guess you are smarter than all the lawyers and judges then right? Why are you here instead of pimping out your obvious "superior" legal services to Trump? :lamo

The fact that it has to be explained that ordering people to commit crimes is a crime (along with so many other things that has to be explained) has me legitimately wondering how Trump supporters are able to go one day without immediately being thrown in prison.

It's simple: In their world, truth isn't truth.

Back
Top Bottom