• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

WH Touts Kenyan Program to Obtain National ID Cards for Voter Registration

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
By Jeryl Bier
6-27-2013

As President Obama and his family continue their tour of Africa, the White House put out a Fact Sheet entitled "U.S. Support for Strengthening Democratic Institutions, Rule of Law, and Human Rights in Sub-Saharan Africa." One of the first items highlighted by the White House is a $53 million program in Kenya that helps young people "obtain National identification cards, a prerequisite to voter registration."

Civil society and independent media play a critical role in any vibrant democracy. Across sub-Saharan Africa, the United States supports efforts to ensure civil society organizations and independent media can organize, advocate, and raise awareness with governments and the private sector to improve political processes, transparency, and government performance. Examples include:

[Excerpt]

Read more:
WH Touts Kenyan Program to Obtain National ID Cards for Voter Registration | The Weekly Standard

Hmm... Jay Carney say's, "And on the voter ID case, I can tell you that, as you know, this administration believes it should be easier for eligible citizens to vote -- to register and vote. We should not be imposing unnecessary obstacles or barriers to voter participation".

When I was in Kenya, about a year ago, ID cards were on backorder. It seemed the government had over-estimated its capacity to produce them and under-estimated the demand, people were waiting months. I appears that the US has stepped up in the effort to get those cards out to people. The cards do much more than just facilitate voting, it's modern ID for business, employment and other activities.

Last edited:
By Jeryl Bier
6-27-2013

As President Obama and his family continue their tour of Africa, the White House put out a Fact Sheet entitled "U.S. Support for Strengthening Democratic Institutions, Rule of Law, and Human Rights in Sub-Saharan Africa." One of the first items highlighted by the White House is a $53 million program in Kenya that helps young people "obtain National identification cards, a prerequisite to voter registration."

Civil society and independent media play a critical role in any vibrant democracy. Across sub-Saharan Africa, the United States supports efforts to ensure civil society organizations and independent media can organize, advocate, and raise awareness with governments and the private sector to improve political processes, transparency, and government performance. Examples include:

[Excerpt]

Read more:
WH Touts Kenyan Program to Obtain National ID Cards for Voter Registration | The Weekly Standard

Hmm... Jay Carney say's, "And on the voter ID case, I can tell you that, as you know, this administration believes it should be easier for eligible citizens to vote -- to register and vote. We should not be imposing unnecessary obstacles or barriers to voter participation".

Glad to see that Wehrwolfen supports making it easy for every current and future U.S. citizen to vote.

That will speed up the demise of the xenophobic right wing in the USA.

Glad to see that Wehrwolfen supports making it easy for every current and future U.S. citizen to vote.

That will speed up the demise of the xenophobic right wing in the USA.

Obvious your reading comprehension is needy and/or completely absent.

Obvious your reading comprehension is needy and/or completely absent.

What is obvious to me is that you still haven't deleted the lies which you posted about me.

Get it done!

I am about to lose my patience.

Another misleading factoid from Wehr. Like clockwork.

By Jeryl Bier
6-27-2013

[Excerpt]

Read more:

I know that the intent was to show "hypocrisy," but I don't find it hypocritical to point out that Kenya is not the United States. Therefore they have different problems, and different solutions to those problems.

Back
Top Bottom