• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

WH expects inflation will 'substantially' increase

grip

Slow 🅖 Hand
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
This is getting out of control. Biden is crazy if he thinks Americans can afford to take much more and keep laying the blame on Russia as the primary excuse.

-- The White House is expecting "substantially" higher inflation figures in the coming months, even after the February Consumer Price Index posted the highest year-over-year rate since 1982.

President Joe Biden said in a statement, "I know that higher prices impact a family’s budget, which is why I am fighting to bring down the everyday prices that are squeezing Americans. My Administration is pushing for investments so we can manufacture more in America, strengthen our supply chains, and move goods to market at lower cost. I’m promoting competition to make sure big corporations are offering consumers fair prices, and I’m pressing Congress to pass my plan to lower the cost of essentials like prescription drugs and energy."

This is complete crapola!

Watching footage from Ukraine can give perspective.

Meanwhile, Americans should hold corporations, who have all but eliminated competition, accountable for their price hikes.

This is getting out of control. Biden is crazy if he thinks Americans can afford to take much more and keep laying the blame on Russia as the primary excuse. <>

Well, Russia is probably getting blamed as the primary source of further inflation because the effect of its war on the price of oil combined with the effect of Russian oil embargoes is, in fact, the primary source of further inflation. Sort of like the existence of pent up demand crossed with completely COVID-****ed supply chains was the primary source of the prior inflation.

Inflation? INFLATION?!?!?!?? Excuse me, sir, but I think you mean "Putin's price hike" as our POTUS tweeted today.

I think the liberal elite politicians and media are going to pay dearly in the Midterms for their cavalier attitude about how much inflation is hurting the working class. They all live comfortably above the level where increasing prices have any noticeable effects on them.

I think the liberal elite politicians and media are going to pay dearly in the Midterms for their cavalier attitude about how much inflation is hurting the working class. They all live comfortably above the level where increasing prices have any noticeable effects on them.
It's almost like you aren't ok with paying more for gas like Stephen Colbert. You are so heartless.

Watching footage from Ukraine can give perspective.

Meanwhile, Americans should hold corporations, who have all but eliminated competition, accountable for their price hikes.
Ask yourself why they are hiking prices.

Oil supplies lower, therefore gas prices go higher, therefore it costs more to ship things (like goods and materials to make goods), therefore companies have to hike their prices to compensate for the loss.

Economics 101.

Media? Which media are we electing in the midterms?

All you ever do is criticize thread titles and sources, you never address the substance of a subject. This does not a debate make.
Your "substance" is what, exactly?

think the liberal elite politicians and media are going to pay dearly in the Midterms for their cavalier attitude about how much inflation is hurting the working class. They all live comfortably above the level where increasing prices have any noticeable effects on them.
Yeah, they're really showing their a**es. Families are hurting - WERE already hurting from inflation and now are hurting even more with the ever-rising cost of fuel.

I can't imagine this will translate to anything other than a complete blood bath in the midterms...

Yeah, they're really showing their a**es. Families are hurting - WERE already hurting from inflation and now are hurting even more with the ever-rising cost of fuel.

I can't imagine this will translate to anything other than a complete blood bath in the midterms...
And then the dumb populace will learn that Republicans can't fix inflation either...

The liberal cheerleaders of the politicians will feel the pain. What a dumb question.

Case in point.
lmfao. what pain? please give an example of media feeling pain from midterm elections. what a ridiculous assertion.

lmfao. what pain? please give an example of media feeling pain from midterm elections. what a ridiculous assertion.
Elections are big time ratings seasons I would imagine in the world of 24/7 news media - and ratings equal better revenue.

This is getting out of control. Biden is crazy if he thinks Americans can afford to take much more and keep laying the blame on Russia as the primary excuse.

-- The White House is expecting "substantially" higher inflation figures in the coming months, even after the February Consumer Price Index posted the highest year-over-year rate since 1982.

President Joe Biden said in a statement, "I know that higher prices impact a family’s budget, which is why I am fighting to bring down the everyday prices that are squeezing Americans. My Administration is pushing for investments so we can manufacture more in America, strengthen our supply chains, and move goods to market at lower cost. I’m promoting competition to make sure big corporations are offering consumers fair prices, and I’m pressing Congress to pass my plan to lower the cost of essentials like prescription drugs and energy."

This is complete crapola!
Who in his administration is the quote attributed to, that they expect substantially higher inflation figures?

Back
Top Bottom