• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

We've lost another, keyboard great Bernie Worrel dies at 72

One nation under a groove. Gettin down just for the funk of it.

pp3_page-bg_30310.jpg

I've seen clips of these guys on YouTube from the 70's, looks wild as hell! Maybe I was born in the wrong era, but there's TONS of great music from the 70's, and almost none I can think of from today.

RIP Bernie.

The very definition of funk is found in the catalogue of Parliament Funkadelic's recordings and live performances.
James Brown and Bobby Byrd gave birth to the funk back in the 1960's, and The Red Hot Chili Peppers carry the torch, but Bernie Worrell and George Clinton perfected the art and culture of the funk.

Bernie never held anything back, he left it all out there on the stage.

Rest in peace, good sir.
:(

Back
Top Bottom