• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[R.I.P.] 'We've Lost a Superman': Former Golden Knight Remembers Skydiving With George H.W. Bush

American

Trump Grump Whisperer
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
'We've Lost a Superman': Former Golden Knight Remembers Skydiving With George H.W. Bush | Fox News Insider

Retired Army Sgt. Michael Elliot joined Fox & Friends on Saturday to remember his skydives with President George H.W. Bush.

Bush, who served as the 41st president of the United States, passed away at the age of 94 Friday night.

A Navy pilot during World War II, Bush would celebrate age milestones by skydiving.

Elliot was a member of the U.S. Army Parachute Team, nicknamed the Golden Knights, and was strapped to the president during the jump on his 85th birthday and for the rededication of the George H.W. Bush Presidential Library in Texas.

One of the classier presidents we've had. Had a somewhat quiet approach to leadership, but solid and resolute when needs. Probably no other president with equal foreign policy experience.

'We've Lost a Superman': Former Golden Knight Remembers Skydiving With George H.W. Bush | Fox News Insider

One of the classier presidents we've had. Had a somewhat quiet approach to leadership, but solid and resolute when needs. Probably no other president with equal foreign policy experience.

Ever notice how guys who can haul ass, guys with the real stuff, are usually quiet about it? They don't beak off, don't brag, probably just grinning a bit inside while others do.

I remember that. That was awesome.

I remember that. That was awesome.

What was awesome was that he was clearly having such a blast. As for this being He-Man work IDK, being strapped to someone else who is an expert and is doing all the work sounds like tourism to me.

He had a great time and it was fun to watch him having a great time but lets not make it something that it was not is what I am saying.

You meant it as a slam. Admit it. Let us know when you sky-dive at 80, 85 and 90.

He had a great time and it was fun to watch him having a great time but lets not make it something that it was not is what I am saying.

So to Hawkey10, Heroism is reckless stupidity...why does that not surprise me.

Equating skydiving out of a plane with just chutes to get you to the ground, while strapped to an expert..."tourism"...wonders never cease with you, good grief.

Equating skydiving out of a plane with just chutes to get you to the ground, while strapped to an expert..."tourism"...wonders never cease with you, good grief.

What did we expect from him? Certainly not a normal human or gracious response.

I keep announcing I want to jump out of a plane. I need to go put my money where my mouth is.

Ever notice how guys who can haul ass, guys with the real stuff, are usually quiet about it? They don't beak off, don't brag, probably just grinning a bit inside while others do.

I do. They don't need the whole "you're so awesome!" back pat. That's not what they were looking for to begin with. It's like the person that carries on about their hot car and wife but likely doesn't have either one.

What was awesome was that he was clearly having such a blast. As for this being He-Man work IDK, being strapped to someone else who is an expert and is doing all the work sounds like tourism to me.

What work would that be? And get back to us when you've skydived at 90, hmmm?

I've done this exact thing. Felt just like skydiving to me, especially when I pulled the chute.

I've done this exact thing. Felt just like skydiving to me, especially when I pulled the chute.

I did that on a static line. Forgot everything they told me as soon as I was on the strut outside the door. The first thing I was supposed to do was look up at the 'chute to make sure it was round, didn't have a line fouled across it, but I didn't even know what colour it was 'till it came down on the ground in front of me.

Back
Top Bottom