• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Westbro Church is going to be protesting at this years Comic Con

Just when I thought I had seen all the fails I was gonna see today...

I just want to say this to what they are doing, but why Comic Con.

1262374845371.jpg

I don't care so long as they stay away from my anime conventions!

I don't care so long as they stay away from my anime conventions!

Thats for sure, you wouldn't want any fat nerds in sailor moon customs and other nerds dressing as other cartoon characters being caught on video just because a God Hate fags protest was going on across the street. That would be embarrassing for anime fans all over the world.

Sometimes I wonder if that group is a giant satirical joke being played on us...

As I’m having a hard time believing they could actually believe what I read they apparently believe...

The fact that some people identify that "church" as being indicative of all Christianity pains me to no end.

Thats for sure, you wouldn't want any fat nerds in sailor moon customs and other nerds dressing as other cartoon characters being caught on video just because a God Hate fags protest was going on across the street. That would be embarrassing for anime fans all over the world.

God why did you have to put that in my mind scrubs eyes with brain bleach

And when I thought they couldn't get any more ignorant.

HA! I almost want to buy a ComicCon ticket to see this.

The typical ComicCon crowd is waaaaay outside what the WBC is used to dealing with and there's VERY little chance WBC will find like-minded con-goers.

ComicCon people are gonna eat WBC alive, it's gonna be frickin' great.

Sometimes I wonder if that group is a giant satirical joke being played on us...

As I’m having a hard time believing they could actually believe what I read they apparently believe...

Are you talking about Westboro or grown adults obsessing over comic books?

The typical ComicCon crowd is waaaaay outside what the WBC is used to dealing with and there's VERY little chance WBC will find like-minded con-goers.

WBC has very little chance of finding like minded human beings.

Last edited:

It's not all fat girls. Sure they're there, but there are some really great costumes as well, and some really hot girls dressed in really great costumes as well. You don't have to be jealous because you've always wanted to go but couldn't work up the balls to do so.

If you find what's reported on them tough to swallow, try visiting their website.

I can't wait to see their idiotic protest signs........................
38191_1475375479345_1082452564_1338.jpg

The only thing that's going to be eaten alive is Chester Cheetah, and they're going to swallow him down with Mountain Dew.

I've been to a comic book convention and trust me, all those fanboys are going to do is ignore the Westboros, stay inside, and chill and hang out. The Westboros will get more of a response from people driving by the protest than from fanboys.

Also, from the article:

From the article: said:
According to their schedule, the reason they don't approve of characters such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Spider-Man, the Hulk, Iron Man, the Thing, Captain America, Wolverine, Thor, the Flash, the Silver Surfer, and Archie is because they're been turned into idols and are now worshiped as so.

Archie??? They're protesting Archie comics? Obviously, they don't know anything about Christian Spire Comics, which has many tales showing how Christian Archie and the gang is.

Spire Christian Comics

Are you talking about Westboro or grown adults obsessing over comic books?
I'm talking about grown adults obsessed with comic books.

It must be a giant satirical joke their massive group is playing on the rest of the world, as it's inconceivable that someone could become obsessed with drawings, paintings, and words combined in one format that convey interesting and entertaining tales to their readers.

-------------

Of course I was talking about Westboro.

:doh

Aren't they encroaching on abusing religion in order to make asses out of themselves in public?

Isn't there any line at which government draws between "religiously OK" and "religiously libelous" and "just a ****ing nuisance"

I'm not sure they really know what they're getting into.

LOL - yeah, when people like Henry Rollins frequent a place in mass hordes it's not a good idea to poke at them.

They tend to poke back.

Back
Top Bottom