• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

West Point moves to vanquish Confederate symbols from campus

A special type of property, since no horse was ever considered any ration of a person.
More Importantly, no sports car ever escaped from a garage by itself.
There are all kinds of arguments to be made, but the fugitive slave act of 1850 clarified the law.

Right exactly. Salomon de Rothschild is from a protected group and it doesnt matter if he funded a secessionist movement based on Human Slavery with the goal of undermining the American Empire, you arent allowed to talk about it.

How?

The people who actually orchestrated and funded this are off limits, but the descendents of ordinary people caught in the middle arent?

“Don’t blame the poor poor slavers! Blame the Jews! It’s really their fault!” 🙄😂

Hate to break it to you pal, this ain’t Stormfront. Nobody’s buying what you are selling.

What “American empire”? Nothing of the sort existed in 1860.

The people responsible for the CSA are Jefferson Davis and the rest of his cronies. Trying to blame it on a “Jewish conspiracy” of some sort is moronic.

Me and my what? What the **** are you talking about?

Those last two sentences didn't sound deranged at all, my dude. Not at all psychotic and stalker-ish.
You told me in the past you dont consider yourself to be "white." I dont know exactly what that meant. To be fair, "White" is more of a theological concept in the current year than a description of someones heritage.

JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZ!!!!11
Lmao. These fear responses are always choice. Personally if I was worried about "anti-semetism" I wouldnt conflate the crimes of a singular person/family with Jews as a whole. Because if theres no way to actually criticize power without being anti-semetic, then it seems like the taboo exists for the sole purpose of protecting the powerful. Luckily everyone thinks like you and this country is only becoming more tolerant and accepting by the day.

States rights. The north does not make law for the south.

……do you not understand what the Fugitive Slave Act was?

Here’s a hint: it was the South overriding Northern states’ rights to protect slavery.

It was blatantly unconstitutional to boot.

……do you not understand what the Fugitive Slave Act was?

Here’s a hint: it was the South overriding Northern states’ rights to protect slavery.

It was blatantly unconstitutional to boot.
If you say so....

“Don’t blame the poor poor slavers! Blame the Jews! It’s really their fault!” 🙄😂

Hate to break it to you pal, this ain’t Stormfront. Nobody’s buying what you are selling.

What “American empire”? Nothing of the sort existed in 1860.

The people responsible for the CSA are Jefferson Davis and the rest of his cronies. Trying to blame it on a “Jewish conspiracy” of some sort is moronic.

Right but who funded them? You need MONEY to start a new country and to fight a war. Where did the money come from? Notice how you conflate asking this question with defending the Slavers who were being funded?

You told me in the past you dont consider yourself to be "white." I dont know exactly what that meant. To be fair, "White" is more of a theological concept in the current year than a description of someones heritage.
I'm transparent. You can see my guts and everything. I'm educational.
Lmao. These fear responses are always choice. Personally if I was worried about "anti-semetism" I wouldnt conflate the crimes of a singular person/family with Jews as a whole. Because if theres no way to actually criticize power without being anti-semetic, then it seems like the taboo exists for the sole purpose of protecting the powerful. Luckily everyone thinks like you and this country is only becoming more tolerant and accepting by the day.
JOOOOOZ?

I guess what I want to know is, if Cotton Bonds are an anti-semetic conspiracy theory and not the primary source of revenue for the Confederacy. Then where did the funding actually come from?

Like whats the not antisemetic source of funding for the Confederacy?

Right but who funded them? You need MONEY to start a new country and to fight a war. Where did the money come from? Notice how you conflate asking this question with defending the Slavers who were being funded?

They had money. In case you hadn’t noticed, the south had been far from impoverished during the antebellum period. And when they needed more, they increased taxes. Trying to pretend there was some sort of “Jewish conspiracy” to fund the CSA is dumb.

And yes, everyone can see how desperately you have been trying to shift the blame onto this boogeyman of yours.

You should really invest in actually learning history instead of regurgitating Lost Cause drivel.

You’ll embarrass yourself less.
I don't know who Lost Cause is. I assume it's a blog you are firmiliar with. This is the first time I ever heard that name.

You like the fringe...huh...

They had money. In case you hadn’t noticed, the south had been far from impoverished during the antebellum period. And when they needed more, they increased taxes. Trying to pretend there was some sort of “Jewish conspiracy” to fund the CSA is dumb.

And yes, everyone can see how desperately you have been trying to shift the blame onto this boogeyman of yours.
I take offense at using the word "conspiracy" to describe something that happened in plain sight with no attempts to hide what was going on.

Those quotes are from a self published book by Salomon Rothschild. The Rothschild family openly supported recognizing the Confederacy during the Civil War. Do you have an actual factual issue with what I posted or is it just low class to bring this up?

And no, I do not see a single post Ive made in this thread that shifted the blame for the Confederacy from the people who lead it. Why do you think you cant be honest about who funded it without defending the thing itself?

Per Wikipedia:

The South financed a much lower proportion of its expenditures through direct taxes than the North. The share of direct taxes in total revenue for the North was about 20%, while for the South the same share was only about 8%.
Unless you count literally mass printing money and devaluing their own currency as a desperation tactic late into the war debt finance made up the majority of Confederate war funding:

Issued loans accounted for roughly 21% of the finance of Confederate war expenditure.[4] Initially the South was more successful in selling debt than the North,[2] partially because New Orleans was a major financial center. Its financiers bought up two-fifths of a 15 million dollar loan in early 1861.[8]

They didn’t owe the US allegiance as they had seceded and therefore it wasn’t treason
That's circular reasoning. Your argument is that their act of secession, which is treason, was not treason because they seceded.

Coming from the guy defending slavery that means zilch.
I never made any arguments defending slavery, I merely stated that I do not believe the actions of the CSA constituted treason. You want to make this a moral cause about slavery
And one independent country plus a couple of colonial regimes does not equal “most of Latin America”
In terms of wealth and population the areas I listed were the majority

That's circular reasoning. Your argument is that their act of secession, which is treason,
was not treason because they seceded.
The way you wrote it is circular reasoning. The way I see it is that once the state formally seceded any alliegance was severed and no treason could occur

I don't know who Lost Cause is. I assume it's a blog you are firmiliar with. This is the first time I ever heard that name.

You like the fringe...huh...

You arguing that you don’t know really basic history is not the flex you apparently think it is 😂

I never made any arguments defending slavery, I merely stated that I do not believe the actions of the CSA constituted treason. You want to make this a moral cause about slavery

In terms of wealth and population the areas I listed were the majority

And multiple posters have pointed out it is. When your opinion runs into historical fact, it loses.

One independent nation and a pair of colonies do not consist the “majority” of Latin America, no matter how much you squirm.

I take offense at using the word "conspiracy" to describe something that happened in plain sight with no attempts to hide what was going on.

Those quotes are from a self published book by Salomon Rothschild. The Rothschild family openly supported recognizing the Confederacy during the Civil War. Do you have an actual factual issue with what I posted or is it just low class to bring this up?

And no, I do not see a single post Ive made in this thread that shifted the blame for the Confederacy from the people who lead it. Why do you think you cant be honest about who funded it without defending the thing itself?

Per Wikipedia:

Unless you count literally mass printing money and devaluing their own currency as a desperation tactic late into the war debt finance made up the majority of Confederate war funding:

Yes, I’m sure you are very offended at your Stormfront fairy tales being called out.

More “but....but....but....the Jews! Why won’t you blame the Jeeeeeeeeewwwwwwssss” whining from you. Here’s a hint: the blame for the CSA rests firmly on Jefferson Davis and the rest of his cronies who chose to go to war to protect slavery. Your “but the Jews” wailing is both irrelevant and immaterial.

Go crawl back to Stormfront bud.

And btw, your own source states that the CSA began implementing “war taxes” in.....1861. Furthermore, and again from your own source.....

“The financing of war expenditures by the means of currency issues (printing money) was by far the major avenue resorted to by the Confederate government. Between 1862 and 1865, more than 60% of total revenue was created in this way.[4] While the North doubled its money supply during the war, the money supply in the South increased twenty times over.[5]”

Back
Top Bottom