• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

West Point moves to vanquish Confederate symbols from campus

More stupid lies, since I've never said I admired the CSA. I said that the North tried to marginalize the South for their own power and profit, and in our every encounter you've tried to deflect from that basic truth by shifting your argument to how terrible the South was, just as you did here. Classic whataboutism.
During the first half of the 19th Century, the South had outsized political power thanks in part to the 3/5ths compromise. Couple the Southern slave power with the Northern Doughfaces, the South got pretty much what it wanted during the 60 years leading up to the Civil War. The second that they lost power to Republicans and Northern anti Slavery Democrats they decided to take their ball and go home.

The Civil War happened because the South believed that the North would stop the expansion of slavery not necessarily total abolition.

And the Black Codes of the North made certain to keep all the freed Blacks in the South, so that they wouldn't be competitors for White labor in other states.
Yeah... it's almost like White Supremacy is a historic problem in this country and is rooted in centuries of oppression or something.

Show where the Constitution says that states do not have the right to secede, whatever the motive might be.

Lincoln pulled the Union's perpetuity out of his ass.
Show where those seceding States have the right to seize Federal Property and fire upon Federal forts.

Yes. You lefties continually want to silence religion (1st), take away guns (2nd), investigate people's papers without probable cause (4th) and want to nationalize everything taking away states rights (10th).
People who say things like this do not understand how much of a nightmare Oligarchy State the South was at the time.

For example... if you were caught with abolitionist literature they would outright murder you.

Show where the Constitution says that states do not have the right to secede, whatever the motive might be.

Lincoln pulled the Union's perpetuity out of his ass.

There is no “right to secession” in the constitution. It doesn’t exist.

No matter how much that triggers you Lost Causers.

Slavery remained legal during the entirety of the Civil War; emancipation applied only to the seceding states.

Right up until 1865 when it was formally banned in the few areas it hadn’t been already, much to the horror of people like you.

Of course, from the minute emancipation was implemented, in reality slavery was already dead. The formality of the paperwork simply hadn’t yet caught up.

The Constitution also does not say that the Union is perpetual, but that hasn't stopped any Libs who want to use perpetuity as a club with which to beat the South.

More tears of rage over “the left” and how mean you think it is to your poor poor slaver heroes.

Your idols went to war to keep buying and selling other human beings. No amount of squirming can change that fact.

Show us some examples of politicians refusing to recognize the South because they said slavery was utterly vile.

Not a single country ever recognized the South.

I’ll give you a hint…..it’s because folks like you were fighting to keep buying and selling other human beings.

Of course, like all Lost Causers, you lack the ability to face that reality, so you invent silly fantasies like the idea that a handful of Russian ships scared the nation with the most powerful navy in the world into scorning your heroes 😂

It was helped, of course, by the fact your slaver heroes were throughly inept at diplomacy.

So then why the **** are you talking like an old person who hasn't heard of the technology? Young people don't walk into libraries because phones can now pack those libraries. Leave the old people talk for old people. You aren't fooling anyone here with the scream at clouds act.

Honestly, I have no idea what you're talking about or why it's relevant. Here's what I wrote two hundred fifty-nine posts ago:

1672149810178.png

Notice I said "any library." Fill in the blank. If you--and I mean you--want to refer to a cell phone or the internet as a "library," be my guest. Just leave me out of it. I was simply referring to the idiot generation that can't read cursive writing, do basic math without a calculator, or tell you who the belligerents were in the American Civil War, because they rely on getting their history from TikTok and Instagram.

More stupid lies, since I've never said I admired the CSA. I said that the North tried to marginalize the South for their own power and profit, and in our every encounter you've tried to deflect from that basic truth by shifting your argument to how terrible the South was, just as you did here. Classic whataboutism.

Another deflection: first you try to argue that Russian defense of the Union didn't make any difference to the rest of Europe, as if it was like no threat at all. Then, suddenly you bring up an irrelevant claim that the Poles were treated worse than the American South. What's that got to do with the fact that Russia helped the Union for their own counter-revolutionary reasons, and why would it matter when the interference took place? The parallel is that Europe turned their backs on both the South and the Polish people to save themselves trouble, not out of the high moral dudgeon you've conjured up out of nowhere.

You're hilarious when you try to project your political animus onto the past, though, just like the idiots who want statues torn down to virtue signal.

Your every post makes your deep admiration and love of the CSA abundantly clear; your squirming because you got called out on it remains as comical as ever.

Which is laughably . You blubbering about how oppressed you think the people who went to war explicitly to keep buying and selling other human beings were is likewise laughably historically ignorant. Nobody forced the South to wholeheartedly embrace slavery; they chose to do so.

The Poled were treated far worse than your heroes, and you not liking that fact because it shows what drivel your claims of southern “oppression” are doesn’t change the facts.

Europe had no obligation to support slavery, no matter how much that triggers you. The “southern people” fanatically supporting the “peculiar institution” ensured there would be no Europeans coming to “save the day”, even in the Union’s darkest hours.

What’s really hilarious is your impotent tears over your heroes’ statues coming crashing down. Your idols lost. They failed to save slavery. Get over it.

Only in la-la land one anyone believe that to be the only reason. And again, you change the subject when the North is attacked, just as you do when anyone attacks Russia.

Pointing out the fact that the South went to war to protect slavery—that that was their explicit cause—can’t be avoided, no matter how much you squirm and whine.

Only in la-la land one anyone believe that to be the only reason. And again, you change the subject when the North is attacked, just as you do when anyone attacks Russia.
It's right there in their secession papers.

The victory of Republican presidential candidate Abraham Lincoln in the 1860 elections convinced South Carolina legislators that it was no longer in their state’s interest to remain in the Union. South Carolina declared its secession from the United States. Citing “an increasing hostility on the part of the non-slaveholding states to the institution of slavery,” South Carolina insisted that the Northern states had breached their constitutional obligation to enforce federal laws like the Fugitive Slave Act and had “united in the election of a man to the high office of President of the United States” who would “inaugurate a new policy, hostile to the South, and destructive of its beliefs and safety.” “We, therefore, the People of South Carolina . . . have solemnly declared that the Union heretofore existing between this State and the other States of North America, is dissolved.”

Again, you are defending slavery.

Real mask off moment for you bud.
Why can't you see I am defending the truth. The truth is neutral, not good or bad. Facts are facts.

Why are leftists to blind to such such facts?

It was about who was willing to fight to preserve slavery. Slavery was the economy in the south, all else came along with it. Even people who did not live on plantations own slaves. They were not willing to give up their wealth.
You guys continue to make this a moral argument based on today's values, and deny the facts of the time.

From AP News:

Should not have taken until 2022 for this to happen. Never should have been allowed in the first place. What country honours it enemies at its most prestigious military academy?
Confederates are not enemies of modern America

Irrelevant. The CSA’s secession to protect slavery happened at a time when global opinion was opposed to slavery.
No, it was not. Slavery still existed in most of Latin America and forms of serfdom worse than slavery existed in the Russian empire, not to mention slavery was a regular practice in the Muslim world.
More hysterical babbling about supposed “constitutional violations”. Here’s an hint: actual constitutional violations are things like going to war to protect slavery.
The constitution doesn’t prohibit that
Because the south chose to go to war to protect slavery. Duh.
Among other things.

You honor the men, not the cause

So do you think a German military base should have monuments to Hitler, Himmler, etc to honor Germans who fought in WW2? Seriously what is the difference?

Back
Top Bottom