• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

West Point gets a new commander in Gen. Caslen.....

MMC

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
The top command position at West Point was to be assumed by Lt. Gen. Robert Caslen Jr. during a ceremony on the campus overlooking the Hudson River.

f92674d5e6a8cb17370f6a706700eab6.jpg

Caslen was set to officially become the 59th superintendent of the U.S. Military Academy on Wednesday morning. He replaces Lt. Gen. David Huntoon Jr., who is retiring from the U.S. Army after 40 years.

Caslen is a 1975 West Point graduate who has commanded at every level from company through division. Most recently, he was the Chief of the Office of Security Cooperation for Iraq. Caslen had previously served as West Point's commandant, a top academy position in charge of day-to-day operations of the cadets.

Huntoon has been superintendent since 2010. The 1973 West Point graduate was involved in Operation Desert Storm and was commandant of the U.S. Army War College.

The change in command also comes after a series of negative stories about the 211-year-old military academy whose graduates include Ulysses S. Grant, Robert E. Lee, Douglas MacArthur and George Patton.....snip~

West Point gets a new commander in Gen. Caslen

I see
icon_cyclops_ani.gif
.....they gave him the Star to go with the Position. Thoughts?

Well, he does have some Training and Experience Behind him. Sua Sponte!
m1helmet.gif

During Desert Storm he was executive officer of the 2nd Battalion, 187th Infantry, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault).

He was brigade operations officer, 3rd Brigade, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault); J-3 in Honduras for Joint Task Force Bravo in 1998; executive officer to the deputy commander in Haiti during Operation Uphold Democracy in 1994-1995; commander of the 1st Battalion, 14th Infantry, 25th Infantry Division (Light); senior brigade C2 observer/controller, Operations Group, Joint Readiness Training Center; chief of staff of the 101st Airborne Division; and commander of the 2nd Brigade, 101st Airborne Division (1999).

He was also chief of staff of the 10th Mountain Division (Light) (2003)at Fort Drum; assistant division commander (Maneuver) of the 3rd Infantry Division (Mechanized) (2004); deputy director for the War on Terrorism, J-5, the Joint Staff (2005-June 2006); director of the Joint Staff's Detainee Affairs Division and commandant of cadets for the Military Academy at West Point, a post he left in May 2008.....snip~

Robert L. Caslen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Why is this political?

Heya FMW :2wave: Why would you think it was something Political? West Point had to have a New Commander.

Because it is in a political forum

I have no idea and I don't care.

That's Cool.....Jimmy Crack-Corn once said the same thing to me. Course I had to remind him that I didn't give a **** anyways.

Back
Top Bottom