• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

West Point Cadets Overdose During Spring Break in Florida, Officials Say

A person who is ignorant?

Makes me wonder what the drug dealers are thinking. Hey, let's sell a drug that will kill our users instead of just getting them hooked and buying more.
If you get a reputation for having that stuff so good it can kill you, that has its appeal to someone looking for the highest high they can get. As screwed up as it sounds the reality is if one death gets you 10 new customers then it was a good business move.

If you get a reputation for having that stuff so good it can kill you, that has its appeal to someone looking for the highest high they can get. As screwed up as it sounds the reality is if one death gets you 10 new customers then it was a good business move.
until the word gets out that you never have a chance to experience the "high". You become comatose to quickly.

Maybe on the bright side those that pass away are just improving the gene pool.

until the word gets out that you never have a chance to experience the "high". You become comatose to quickly.
You miss the point. Knowing you could go inti a comatose state is the appeal. It’s the stuff that’s going to **** you up the most it’s what you are seeking out. A drug addicts mind doesn’t make the same choices as someone not fighting an addiction. No sane person would say you pissed me off I’m going to go hit and hurt Myself with a hammer, but an addict will say you made me made I’m going to go hurt myself by doing a bunch of drugs and it makes perfect sense to them

You miss the point. Knowing you could go inti a comatose state is the appeal. It’s the stuff that’s going to **** you up the most it’s what you are seeking out. A drug addicts mind doesn’t make the same choices as someone not fighting an addiction. No sane person would say you pissed me off I’m going to go hit and hurt Myself with a hammer, but an addict will say you made me made I’m going to go hurt myself by doing a bunch of drugs and it makes perfect sense to them
ok.

/ sarcasm on
Hence my point of when an addict overdoses, the gene pool is improved.
/ sarcasm off

We do not need drug users in the military or paying for their education

Do you know for a fact that they did not have a connection? Seems strange that an Illuminati training academy would just let anybody in.
They had to get their local congressman to sponsor them, but I know as close to a fact as it's possible they weren't "elites" of any sort, made definitely middle class incomes in very middle class jobs, nor were the families politically active. I guess it's possible the families knew someone at church or something, who knew their local congressman, and put in a good word, but that's about it. My cousin's dad was an accountant for a little railroad company. My friend's dad was an engineer doing something at the Y-12 nuclear complex in Oak Ridge, along with a couple thousand more with such credentials.

They contact the Congressperson, or vice versa, and their credentials are reviewed...so even strangers, if qualified...can get a Congressperson's recommendation.
That's right. Our local congressman was a huge advocate for locals, so I would bet he worked hard to get my friend admitted, but that's what he was known for, for all kinds of tasks, and if my friend's family knew that Congressman, it was in passing.

Yep. The cadets need to be kicked out of West Point.
imo, action should be pursued to have the taxpayers reimbursed for at least the current year education costs + room and board.
And we need to locate the dealer lacing his crap cocaine with fentanyl. This is why we should legalize drugs less stupid kids die when they experiment

And we need to locate the dealer lacing his crap cocaine with fentanyl. This is why we should legalize drugs less stupid kids die when they experiment
I can agree the dealer along with the supplier need to be found and prosecuted.

As far as legalizing drugs... Not a big fan of that idea for drugs like cocaine, etc.

Cochise flushes out in 72 hrs, easy to pass a pee test on a 4 day weekend.

If it was legal and regulated, this wouldn’t have happened.

ok.

/ sarcasm on
Hence my point of when an addict overdoses, the gene pool is improved.
/ sarcasm off

We do not need drug users in the military or paying for their education
In my younger stupid choice days you would be surprised who would take a little toot knowing they had a long weekend.

I'm sure they will be.

Secondary question: With fentanyl laced cocaine being more and more prevalent (maybe even the rule instead of the exception) WHO the **** would even take a chance on it?
Exactly. You can't most likely won't get exposed to fentanyl laced coke if you don't do drugs.

Who the hell laces cocaine with fentanyl? Fentanyl would provide th3e opposite effect of cocaine

If we weren't such moronic, judgmental assholes we would legalize drugs so its safe and use that money to help with addictiona, awareness, etc. Instead of billions nad billions to cartels and lowlifes that lace shit that kills people
Legalize cocaine huh? Who exactly would you recommend be the federally authorized producer of said legal cocaine in the U.S.? It would be so heavily taxed and regulated, it would be too expensive and all the cokeheads woukd keep buying the black market cartel stuff. Or are you recommending legalizing THAT cocaine? You're crazy

West Point cadets are not only supposed to be the best of the best, you can't get into West Point without connections.

Shameful.
That is actually not true. Connections can help, but they are not a requirment. Although 45 years ago, I received an appointment to the Air Force Academy from my Congressman and a Senator. I had no connections. They run a process, as if they were trying to hire someone. I never met the Congressman nor the Senator, but I was interviewed by their people, include two Air Force officers.

That said, these guys are college students. There is plenty of drugs, sex and rock n roll at the academies (not like a regular college as it hidden and/or taken off campus to be enjoyed on leave, such as this. The academies can also be very stressful environments. In the 70's, if you got caught with drugs, however, and you were likely done).

Yep. The cadets need to be kicked out of West Point.
imo, action should be pursued to have the taxpayers reimbursed for at least the current year education costs + room and board.
They have a build in system for repayment. It use to be that if you left the academy for whatever reason you were automatically transferred to a national guard unit. If you left after two years, you had to serve as a enlisted man for two years in the regular (non-reserves) army/navy/airforce.

Last edited:

Attachments

• 374.jpg
    374.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 0
Legalize cocaine huh? Who exactly would you recommend be the federally authorized producer of said legal cocaine in the U.S.? It would be so heavily taxed and regulated, it would be too expensive and all the cokeheads woukd keep buying the black market cartel stuff. Or are you recommending legalizing THAT cocaine? You're crazy

There will always be some who prefer the black market but if you know the purity of your coke that would be a plus. No more buying a bag of stepped on product

What happened?
West point cadets. The best of the best.
Future military leaders for the united states army. West point needs to take a serious look at their leadership. There is something seriously wrong.

But the part that makes the difference is that no one's arresting anyone, paying for courts and prison. No high speed chases, no 'no-knock warrants' and innocent people shot. No one says the US has to produce or or approve it. Or oversee/regulate its production.

If they're that stupid, they die 🤷

It's not like they havent been warned for decades.

What happened?
West point cadets. The best of the best.
Future military leaders for the united states army. West point needs to take a serious look at their leadership. There is something seriously wrong.
Spring break happened. Did you ever go to a spring break in college and experience the poor choices on a mass scale and all the fun that can be had from being bad?

A person who is ignorant?

Makes me wonder what the drug dealers are thinking. Hey, let's sell a drug that will kill our users instead of just getting them hooked and buying more.
Said a similar thing when I saw that on the news. Killing off your customers.

I can agree the dealer along with the supplier need to be found and prosecuted.

As far as legalizing drugs... Not a big fan of that idea for drugs like cocaine, etc.
All drugs can be made safer. We need to focus on treatment instead of punishment. Cocaine in natural form isn't dangerous any more than caffeine is. In fact, South Americans have used the leaf from the Coca plant for years.

Back
Top Bottom