• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Were the gospel writers present during the time of Jesus?

What do you care about any of it?

Well its a debate thread and Im just asking questions on the origins of the bible. No need to be so tetchy. :neutral:

Why do you lie about the Bible? Hearing is a physical experience. Seeing the flash of light is a physical experience.

From Acts 9:

"As he neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. 4 He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, “Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?”

You're busted.

The rest of those two posts were another exercise in futility for you.

Yeah, those who claim to have "visions" often say they had a physical experience; therefore, I disagree with your statement that I am "busted". Nope

I do notice that you have failed, in your usual manner, to offer any refutation of the points I have laid out, other than to go for the personal attacks. One might begin to think, you don't actually have all that much knowledge of historical biblical studies.

However, I did make a mistake in post #143
Of course the early church fathers were biased, they were trying to develop a theology based on a tale they believed to be true - sort of. That "sort of" is due to the multiple versions of the story which were in circulation by the beginning of Paul's ministry.
“…stay there in Ephesus so that you may command certain men not to teach false doctrines any longer nor devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies. 1 Timothy 1:3
is just one example of Paul warning an early church group about false teachings. If the origin story was 'proven' by eyewitnesses, why were there other stories within just a few years of the supposed resurrection?

1 Timothy was not written by Paul, instead it was written by some other scribe toward the end of the first century or in the early years of the second century. It might be argued then that the "false teachings" were those of the Docetists and Gnostics, the two most prominent groups arguing for different beliefs than those which became canonical by the fourth century.

Back
Top Bottom