• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'We're all in trouble' | Wind turbine makers selling at a loss and in a 'self-destructive loop', bosses admit

Two things spring to mind: years ago there was the huge tax break called the oil depletion allowance. And we still have two navy fleets on either side of the Suez canal, protecting access to oil.
A tax break is not a subsidy!

Nickyjo said:
I get a tax break on mortgage interest on rental property. S-u-b-s-I-d-y, whether I am taxed less or given cash, it works out to the same thing. I have more dough. A distinction without a difference.
You only get a reduction in taxes paid, if the rental property were unrented (No income), you would not get the reduction.
It does make a difference!
You mentioned the oil depletion allowance, in rental property, this would be like when you put on a new roof
that costs $30,000, you are allowed to deduct portions of that $30,000 each year for the next 20 years, in a depreciation schedule.
The deduction only applies if there is a taxable income to deduct from.

You didn't actually read the article because IF you HAD, you'd know that their big gripe is the Chinese.
LOL so your excuse for the delays in the big green utopia is... the Chinese? Your posts are a joke. :ROFLMAO:

Right wingers are motivated purely by spite for those they perceive as an enemy.

Some restaurant being hurt by inflation? They're full of crocodile tears. Wind turbine company struggling? Suddenly they're cheering for American manufacturing jobs to be lost.
They are shitty terrorists. PLain and simple
What is the point of these posts. Gee, there are negatives to alternative energy. Who knew? Duh.

Like everything they post, really shitty trolling

Last edited:
LOL so your excuse for the delays in the big green utopia is... the Chinese? Your posts are a joke. :ROFLMAO:
How is it my excuse? I don't own a wind power company and I am not the spox.
You referenced the article. I just pointed out that you never read it.
Fail less next time.

How is it my excuse? I don't own a wind power company and I am not the spox.
You referenced the article. I just pointed out that you never read it.
Fail less next time.
The only one who didnt read anything is you. In fact, you even got called out on another thread for your silly pretentious posts in which you think you know everything but its been proven you know absolutely zilch. Good job.

On this I am in agreement but it's not JUST Disney doing this.
ALL of the big studios have been bowing and scraping in their attempts to get a green light for the Chinese movie market.
I loved "The Martian", for instance, but what made me sick was the almost LITERAL bowing and scraping where "the heroic Chinese government steps in to save stupid American stranded on Mars!"

I guess I never was very much of a globalist in economic terms.
Talking about a book you never read and a movie you never watched. Your stupid lies are exposed.

Blanco also said if Europe wants to triple its wind power capacity, it needs to better support the independence of the supply chain.
Currently, some 85% of the industry’s components are, however, coming from China, he said.
“The energy independence is supported by a supply-chain dependency policy. This a huge risk.”
Blanco was not only referring to rare earths, but said “normal things” such as metallic shafts in turbines, 95% of which are sourced in China.

The only one who didnt read anything is you.

Blanco also said if Europe wants to triple its wind power capacity, it needs to better support the independence of the supply chain.
Currently, some 85% of the industry’s components are, however, coming from China, he said.
“The energy independence is supported by a supply-chain dependency policy. This a huge risk.”
Blanco was not only referring to rare earths, but said “normal things” such as metallic shafts in turbines, 95% of which are sourced in China.

You didn't actually read the article because IF you HAD, you'd know that their big gripe is the Chinese.
Another bullshit strawman from you. Where in my OP did I place blame on anyone? Go on, quote me.

Another bullshit strawman from you. Where in my OP did I place blame on anyone? Go on, quote me.

I simply said that you didn't read the article.
It isn't that green energy isn't sustainable, which you seem to gloat about, it's that the Chinese are dumping, just like the Japanese dumped steel in the 1980's.

I simply said that you didn't read the article.
It isn't that green energy isn't sustainable, which you seem to gloat about, it's that the Chinese are dumping, just like the Japanese dumped steel in the 1980's.
Riight, so now you made a strawman and lied at the same time. I was right, your posts are indeed worthless and reeks of unmitigated pretension.

Riight, so now you made a strawman and lied at the same time. I was right, your posts are indeed worthless and reeks of unmitigated pretension.

So you don't know the definition of straw-man either.

Back
Top Bottom