• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'We're all in trouble' | Wind turbine makers selling at a loss and in a 'self-destructive loop', bosses admit

Confused again? Figures.

So you want to subsidize China now?

Confused again? Figures.

"But, but they said wind power is free and costs nothing!"

My solutions are practical: when it comes to grids, nuclear power all the way. When it comes to vehicles, ICE is still more efficient than electric, so we stick with it until a more efficient tech is developed.

So youve gone from trolling and now youre just making up shit about people. Youve reached a new low. Congrats, I guess.

What a stupid response.
My solutions are practical: when it comes to grids, nuclear power all the way. When it comes to vehicles, ICE is still more efficient than electric, so we stick with it until a more efficient tech is developed.

Nuclear? Where I live It's all hydro which is basically solar. The sun picks the water up off the ocean and it falls on the mountains and we make it turn turbines as it runs back down to the ocean. We produce so much that we export electricity to California and we're expanding our production.

Who's this "we"? You making decisions for all of us now?
Screw that. If I ever find myself living in town again it's electric all the way, baby, and not a single damn given to what you think I should do.

That's the left's answer to every problem.

1. If it moves, tax it.

2. If it keeps moving, regulate it.

3. If it stops moving, subsidize it.

The Green Energy scams just skipped the first two steps. ;)

So, what's your solution to the energy needs of the future?
You constantly talk about being against the green revolution but what are you actually proposing?

Do you disagree with the UK's plan to utilise the abundant wind we have offshore and couple it with baseline nuclear power generation?

I highlighted the key question. The problem is that the Greenies are trying to solve problems that don't exist today with solutions that don't exist today.

We have plenty of energy, plenty of advances in how to exploit it more cleanly and need that exploitation to occur for as many as possible as soon as possible.

In Ancient Rome, they did not have abundant, cheap and portable energy sources. They used slaves instead.

Abundant, cheap and portable energy sources is, very literally, freedom.

That is another reason why Leftists oppose abundant, cheap and portable energy sources.

Confused again? Figures.
Thanks for proving my point.

What a stupid response.
Its appropriate to your kind.

Nuclear? Where I live It's all hydro which is basically solar. The sun picks the water up off the ocean and it falls on the mountains and we make it turn turbines as it runs back down to the ocean.
What a silly, pointless little anecdote. There are very few places that has hydro power feasibility.

We produce so much that we export electricity to California and we're expanding our production.

No wonder why California always has rolling blackouts.

Thanks for proving my point.

Its appropriate to your kind.
My kind? You said it, bud, you're the one indulging in juvenile schoolyard taunts.
What a silly, pointless little anecdote. There are very few places that has hydro power feasibility.
More places than you realize. But the point that you missed is that nobody has to wait for you to catch up. You can't make electric cars work, fine. The rest of the world will just keep on trucking. Electric bus fleets, electric ships, electric commercial airlines, those things are all happening elsewhere in the world while you're saying, "...we stick with it until a more efficient tech is developed."
No wonder why California always has rolling blackouts.
No, that's just more of your homegrown incompetence.
Personally, I'm against it because we can't morally stop transmitting electricity to American customers if they stop paying, which has come up. It's why there's no water pipelines going south. Canada has 20% of the world's fresh water but should never pipe it across the border.

Leftists........a million and 1 different reasons why green energy always fails...but the one constant....

green energy always fails.

Leftists........a million and 1 different reasons why green energy always fails...but the one constant....

Only in America. It works just fine elsewhere.

Only in America. It works just fine elsewhere.
It really depends on the boundary conditions of what is called "green energy"
Hydro works in places with both the topology and the water.
Nuclear has quite a bit of potential, but some people do not consider it green energy.
Solar and wind, without massive storage, cannot meet the demands of modern electrical grids.
I think solar with storage has the most potential, but we need to change the grid connect laws in many places.

It really depends on the boundary conditions of what is called "green energy"
Hydro works in places with both the topology and the water.
Nuclear has quite a bit of potential, but some people do not consider it green energy.
Solar and wind, without massive storage, cannot meet the demands of modern electrical grids.
I think solar with storage has the most potential, but we need to change the grid connect laws in many places.
Know what I think is going to be a major player? Tidal. I've been toying with an idea involving floating pipes or bladders with something inside rolling back and forth as the device rolls in the tide. The idea must come from something I read somewhere but I can't recall where. Somewhere though someone is working on it.
There's nothing more renewable than tides- here in North America they come in and go out twice a day, every day. It differs place to place but the biggest tides are in the Bay of Fundy where the water level comes up and goes down 50 feet. That's a lot of water flow, a lot of movement that doesn't have to be harnessed, just ridden.

Know what I think is going to be a major player? Tidal. I've been toying with an idea involving floating pipes or bladders with something inside rolling back and forth as the device rolls in the tide. The idea must come from something I read somewhere but I can't recall where. Somewhere though someone is working on it.
There's nothing more renewable than tides- here in North America they come in and go out twice a day, every day. It differs place to place but the biggest tides are in the Bay of Fundy where the water level comes up and goes down 50 feet. That's a lot of water flow, a lot of movement that doesn't have to be harnessed, just ridden.
We will likely have to harness energy wherever we can, it is going to take a lot of energy to replace
what we get from fossil fuels.
There are several large tidal projects already running.
Tidal giants – the world’s five biggest tidal power plants
I wonder about the cost to maintain something in a marine environment.
Who knows, at some point we may be able to harness the energy from gravity directly.

That's the left's answer to every problem.
Like we haven’t subsidized oil for generations… Each side, left or right, loves its subsidies, often demeans those the other gets.

Like we haven’t subsidized oil for generations… Each side, left or right, loves its subsidies, often demeans those the other gets.
When challenged to describe the subsidies oil companies get, they often point to tax deductions as subsidies.
Every business gets to deduct the cost of their business operations from their gross profits to arrive at their net taxable profits.
Different businesses get deductions unique to their industry.
Can you point to some of these oil company subsidies, that are not tax deductions?

Stupid Dutch and their ugly cancer-causing windmills. And don’t get me started on the commies who wrote “Down by the Old Mill Stream.” Back in the day and even now, people use the wind to move boats. Idiots.

Don Quixote was right. Death to windmills! Drill baby, drill!

We will likely have to harness energy wherever we can, it is going to take a lot of energy to replace
what we get from fossil fuels.
There are several large tidal projects already running.
Tidal giants – the world’s five biggest tidal power plants
I wonder about the cost to maintain something in a marine environment.
Who knows, at some point we may be able to harness the energy from gravity directly.
More maintenance is definitely needed. My old man was a seagoing tugboat skipper and his new truck rusted out the rear fenders in two years from being parked on the dock two weeks at a time. But ferry terminals, container docks, sawmills, fish canneries, all have solved the problem.
We can do it, no problem.

More maintenance is definitely needed. My old man was a seagoing tugboat skipper and his new truck rusted out the rear fenders in two years from being parked on the dock two weeks at a time. But ferry terminals, container docks, sawmills, fish canneries, all have solved the problem.
We can do it, no problem.
But they solved the problem by replacing parts often, (and sacrificial anodes), ect.
It is a harsh environment.

Stupid Dutch and their ugly cancer-causing windmills. And don’t get me started on the commies who wrote “Down by the Old Mill Stream.” Back in the day and even now, people use the wind to move boats. Idiots.

I am assuming you are ONLY using green energy...right? I mean...as a country we sit at about 12.5% but I'm SURe you are able to live totally off the grid...right?

As for those windmills...you know...the ones that you have to expend far more energy in fossil fuels in the mining and production of that you will likely gain from them...other than the production there ARE certain downfalls....

wind-turbines-fail-cold-weather_resize_md.jpgpic11.jpgmain-qimg-e4ff2be1b782218971f4b4359ac86f24.png

Oh yeah...and there is this....

gettyimages-1222855083-612x612.jpg

Please break down the subsidies of oil vs. renewable.

I think it will surprise you if you actually seek the facts instead of just repeating the mantra.

Uh oh, looks like the green utopia wont be happening anytime soon... ;)
Right wingers are motivated purely by spite for those they perceive as an enemy.

Some restaurant being hurt by inflation? They're full of crocodile tears. Wind turbine company struggling? Suddenly they're cheering for American manufacturing jobs to be lost.

Please break down the subsidies of oil vs. renewable.

I think it will surprise you if you actually seek the facts instead of just repeating the mantra.
Two things spring to mind: years ago there was the huge tax break called the oil depletion allowance. And we still have two navy fleets on either side of the Suez canal, protecting access to oil.

LOL who told you that wind turbines don't cost money and why did you believe them?

What is the point of these posts. Gee, there are negatives to alternative energy. Who knew? Duh.
Yep. LLLLOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTSSSSSSS of negatives.

Back
Top Bottom