• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Wendy Davis, of filibuster fame, to announce Texas governor plans

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
DALLAS, Texas (Reuters) - Wendy Davis, the Texas state senator who staged a filibuster against sweeping abortion restrictions, is expected to announce plans to run for governor on Thursday, ending months of speculation.

And she is gonna get slaughtered in the election. LOL.

Article is here.

Yes she is.

Liberals seem to think that 15 minutes of fame and a slobbering media love afair is all thats needed to qualify for a positions of leadership.

So what, she fillibustered a law that was passed anyway.

Sorry Dems, Texas isn't going Democrat anytime soon

Yes she is.

Liberals seem to think that 15 minutes of fame and a slobbering media love afair is all thats needed to qualify for a positions of leadership.

So what, she fillibustered a law that was passed anyway.

Sorry Dems, Texas isn't going Democrat anytime soon

Nope, it won't. Houston, Austin, and the Valley might be blue, but the rest of the state is blood red, which will be the color of Wendy's nose after the election is over. LOL.

This will be Anthony Weiner fail level.

I will vote for her.

I won't vote for Abbot, but won't vote for Davis either. I will waste my vote on a Libertarian again. LOL.

She has the depth of knowledge and experience of your typical 24-year-old 10-o'clock news anchor in Abilene.

I'm not going to commit one way or the other this early. I will have to look up her voting record. The abortion thing isn't that big a deal for me, but if her record shows she voted mostly party line and for typical Liberal BS, then she will be out for me. If she is moderate enough, has stood her ground against certain things her party routinely supports and has reasonable ideas towards economy and taxes, I'm willing to at least consider.

But then again, at this point, I don't even know if I am going to vote in the Dem primary or the Rep one.

And she is gonna get slaughtered in the election. LOL.

Article is here.

So Ted Cruz is an asshat clown for his filibuster but Wendy Davis is a hero according to the left??

Hell yes she's going to get slaughtered...

I'd love to see Ron Paul run for Governor... Paul vs Davis...

Uhg...you people please get out of our state.

I am a born and raised Texan with 4 generations before me calling this land our home.

Move to blue state and help your people finish it off and leave Texas alone.

What kind of low informatiom type elects a person for Governer simply because she filibusters a bill ?

Its GOOD for politicians to conduct a fillibuster. When it is a cause you like....

:lamo

"I'll vote her!" "Me too!" "Yeah...uh huh!", "Me too!" "and Me!"

You would vote for a dog turd if it had a D next to its name....

Its GOOD for politicians to conduct a fillibuster. When it is a cause you like....

Yeah! Context and reasons for the filibuster don't matter at all! Every filibuster is equatable, so if you are for one and against another you are automatically a hypocrite!

:lamo

"I'll vote her!" "Me too!" "Yeah...uh huh!", "Me too!" "and Me!"

You would vote for a dog turd if it had a D next to its name....
In Texas the proper term is "Yellow Dog Democrat".
Something about They would vote for a Yellow Dog if it ran as a Democrat.:mrgreen:

Yeah! Context and reasons for the filibuster don't matter at all! Every filibuster is equatable, so if you are for one and against another you are automatically a hypocrite!
In your case that term has universal applications...

Unbelievable....You go to her web page from google, and the only thing you can do is donate to get to her platform...Now that's real good, can't find out about her unless you give her money...What a hack.

Unbelievable....You go to her web page from google, and the only thing you can do is donate to get to her platform...Now that's real good, can't find out about her unless you give her money...What a hack.

It's clearly a barebones website that has just been launched. I would say such accusations are premature.

When something sounds too stupid to be true, that's probably because it isn't true.

Uhg...you people please get out of our state.

I am a born and raised Texan with 4 generations before me calling this land our home.

Move to blue state and help your people finish it off and leave Texas alone.

What kind of low informatiom type elects a person for Governer simply because she filibusters a bill ?

That is the plan. They are like locusts. When they are done running a blue state into the ground, they head to a red state and try to destroy it. And Texas is a crown jewel to them. If they get Texas, they would have to lose NY or California in a Presidential election to lose. So you can be sure that they will be pouring their efforts into Texas.

That is the plan. They are like locusts. When they are done running a blue state into the ground, they head to a red state and try to destroy it. And Texas is a crown jewel to them. If they get Texas, they would have to lose NY or California in a Presidential election to lose. So you can be sure that they will be pouring their efforts into Texas.

If the GOP doesn't alter their thinking Texas will be a blue state sooner or later. Damn right the Democrats will try to capture that ASAP, that puts the White House forever out of GOP hands.

It's clearly a barebones website that has just been launched. I would say such accusations are premature.

When something sounds too stupid to be true, that's probably because it isn't true.

Sounds? no. I went to the site, and even tried a couple of different ways to try and get in there....That isn't me reading something about it, but practical experience. But, I will agree that it may just be that it is being revamped for the race. Either way, to suggest that she, or her team couldn't produce anything other than a donate button, makes one wonder of her competency.

Back
Top Bottom