• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Wendy Davis Filibuster

Planned parenhood and pro choice people leave the option of birth control or abortion up to each woman.
It is not like planned parenthood or pro choicers were/ are trying trying to force anyone to use birth control.
That what choosing is all about.
Most of us choose what type of work we would like pursue.
Most of us choose whether or not to date a certain person or marry a certain person.
We should also be able to choose when we want to start a family. How many children we want ( based on how many we afford , financially, emotionally and physically ) and how far apart we would like to space them.

Minnie did you see what the Wendy supporters did last night you might not want to throw your lot in with that ilk.

I do not judge a whole group by the actions of a few who are in that group.
There are extremists in all groups including Christian groups, other religious groups and different political groups.

Minnie did you see what the Wendy supporters did last night you might not want to throw your lot in with that ilk.

What do you think they did last night?

Tried to bring used tampons and other bodily waste to throw at Texas congressmen.

Pretty stupid if they thought they were going to throw it someone.
What would that prove anyway ...just that they were stupid.

As far as I know when bags were searched they found 18 jars that " looked like " feces and 1 jar they thought was urine.
They were taken away before anyone did anything.
Maybe they were going to make a pile with the jars and tell the congress the bill was a pile of ---- just like their pile of jars.

Tried to bring used tampons and other bodily waste to throw at Texas congressmen.

Too funny!:lol::lamo:lol:

I did a websearch trying to find out if what you said true,
This is what I found out.

Texas: State Capitol Bans Tampons But Allows Guns

With Texas’s state senate once again debating controversial restrictions on abortion, security at the state capitol has been tightened to prevent disruptions from the gallery like those that occurred during state Sen. Wendy Davis’s 11-hour filibuster of the abortion bill on June 26. The Texas Department of Public Safety is searching the bags of anyone entering the gallery to watch debate and confiscating any tampons or maxipads found. There is concern that these female hygiene products could be used as projectiles and thrown at state senators. However, visitors can still bring guns into the gallery if they have a concealed carry license.

Nothing about used tampons....:roll:
Just all tampons and pads.
Gee most women carry one or two in their purse or bag just in case they get their period.
Not to be confused a weapon! :shock:

Too funny!:lol::lamo:lol:

I did a websearch trying to find out if what you said true,
This is what I found out.

Nothing about used tampons....:roll:
Just all tampons and pads.
Gee most women carry one or two in their purse or bag just in case they get their period.
Not to be confused a weapon! :shock:

CHL requires rigorous training and licencing to carry so most that have these are usually not angry protestors. And if they do they usually dont bring then unless guns are the subject of the protest

Last edited:
CHL requires rigorous training and licencing to carry so most that have these are usually not angry protestors. And if they do they usually dont bring then unless guns are the subject of the protest

Yep, I know all about concealed weapons permits at least in Michigan, since my husband has had his permit for many years now.

Edited to add

I don't know if guns are allowed into our Michigan Capitol building ( just checked Those with CW permits who have additional training may carry them into our capitol building ) but only law enforcement and security officers are allowed to carry them into the district courthouses.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom