• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Welp, I'm going to the doctor.

Okay, so I thought today was going alright at first, but for some reason, I have been feeling a strangely odd sense of hunger throughout. I thought it was just because maybe I didn't eat enough last night, but I deliberately ate a big breakfast and lunch, and it didn't even satisfy my stomach for even a minute after. I thought it would go away with time, but it's still there. I still feel the hunger gripping my stomach. I have a habit of sometimes skipping meals (especially breakfast), but this does not feel like when I do that. It just feels different.

I don't know what in the world is going on, but I was able to leave work early, because it's gotten to the point where it's screwing with my ability to think straight, and I couldn't do my work. It even irked me just driving home.

I'm gonna get checked out soon, and I hope everything is alright with me. I just hope it's not something too bad if anything. This is the first time I've ever felt like this, and honestly it's kind of scary. I dunno if it's tapeworms or what, but it feels so terrible, even if it isn't painful.

I'll report back with the diagnosis. All I know is now my weekend plans are completely screwed, because I can't much focus on anything else other than this stupid feeling in my body.

Has anyone else experienced something similar?

Not a doc, but based on my layman's knowledge and experience, having too much hunger isn't usually a concern. Unexplained lack of hunger and sudden weight loss, on the other hand, is when it's time to be more concerned.

Not a doc, but based on my layman's knowledge and experience, having too much hunger isn't usually a concern. Unexplained lack of hunger and sudden weight loss, on the other hand, is when it's time to be more concerned.

I can relate to that. Went through something like that like a year before Covid.

I can relate to that. Went through something like that like a year before Covid.

Sometimes lack of hunger can be stress or depression-related, but it could also indicate something's wrong with the gastrointestinal system

Right as rain. My throat is finally as good as new.

Sounds like GERD (gastroesophogeal reflux disease). Be careful with that, because it's a chronic disease and only have occasional flare-ups. But, if neglected, the chronic irritation to the esophagus can lead to esophageal cancer. You need to follow up with your primary doctor and let them know about this. Depending on the severity, you may have to be on chronic antacids/proton pump inhibitors like Prilosec to protect your esophagus. Some people even end up needing surgery.

Keeping a good attitude, and outlook mentally is the best medicine.

I am so pleased it worked out for you.

Back
Top Bottom