• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Well, well. DOJ going to investigate granny gate.

Bullseye

All Lives Matter or No Lives Matter
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
DOJ announces investigation into the handling of nursing home residents during COVID crisis

Are we finally going to get some answers?

For months New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo and his administration have refused to accept responsibility for the thousands of nursing home deaths that have occurred in the state during the Wuhan coronavirus outbreak. Their evidence was an apparent biased report from the New York State Department of Health, concluding that Cuomo's mandate to force long-term care facilities to accept COVID patients "did not significantly" impact the death rate.

Well, the Department of Justice announced on Wednesday that they intend to do a fact check. The agency has requested data from four specific governors, in the states of New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Michigan, to determine for themselves just how deadly their controversial nursing home policies actually were.

Wow. Can the right get any lower. Are they also going to investigate the president's behavior during the pandemic?

Sounds like a desperate move by Trump to pressure the governor to stop the DA from jailing him for the rest of his natural life.

Wow. Can the right get any lower. Are they also going to investigate the president's behavior during the pandemic?
Are you serious? How is low to investigate why a certain group died under questionable circumstances? Oh, yeah, Democrats are the prime suspects. Silly me.

Trump is the perp while Barr is Trump's fixer.

It's how the mob works.

You guys picked four states that are going to advise Barr what he can do with his "request" regardless of what it may be called.

The solution to the problem is simple, because this isn't a problem only in New York: better government regulation which includes the training of workers and paying them a decent salary.

Trump is the perp while Barr is Trump's fixer.

It's how the mob works.

You guys picked four states that are going to advise Barr what he can do with his "request" regardless of what it may be called.
Yay! First non-pertinent Trump reference.

Are they going to arrest them? What is the real goal here? To rub Democrats' noses in it? Smells like politicking to me.
Finding out why thousand of people died is "politicking"? :eek:

I think the whole US response to the pandemic should be investigated.

I am ok with investigating the nursing home thing. I will be interested in finding out given the situation or resources what they think should have happened.

Resources just did not match need.

When I ask folks about what they would have done, the general answer just condemns the action without having any solutions given the dire circumstances.

Trump is the most notorious serial killer with his coronavirus 19 caliber machine gun that he has put onto Americans coast to coast.

Mowing us down Trump is.
You guys need a new song, you've been singing that bull**** for far too long.

You guys need a new song, you've been singing that bull**** for far too long.

Flippancy only calls greater attention to the fact Trump is a notorious serial killer of Americans with his coronavirus 19 caliber machine gun turned against us and with an endless supply of CV ammunition he does nothing effective to stop. You started this thread to try to deflect from the facts or to cover 'em up. You failed.

Flippancy only calls greater attention to the fact Trump is a notorious serial killer of Americans with his coronavirus 19 caliber machine gun turned against us and with an endless supply of CV ammunition he does nothing effective to stop. You started this thread to try to deflect from the facts or to cover 'em up. You failed.
And posts like these calls attention to the fact that progressives and other lefties have only a tenuous grip on reality. :roll:

Trump is the most notorious serial killer with his coronavirus 19 caliber machine gun that he has put onto Americans coast to coast.

Mowing us down Trump is.
Trump had nothing to do with forcing convalescent homes to accept COVID infected patients.

We have riots when career criminals get killed resisting arrest; seems like why so many grandmas and grandpas were condemned to die should be investigated. Our maybe AARP could call on its members to riot.

AARP is leftist-based, sad to say. AARP won't demand any protests against leftist states.

We have riots when career criminals get killed resisting arrest; seems like why so many grandmas and grandpas were condemned to die should be investigated. Our maybe AARP could call on its members to riot.

We have known since day one that the elderly were at highest risk. So why is it surprising to anyone that where the elderly live is where there were the most deaths? It is horrifying, yes, that so many nursing homes did not have the necessary PPE to protect their patients, but that was the bad, early days when even the hospitals didn't have enough. Everything a state could get was going to them because they had no choice. We've done very well so far but our largest outbreaks were in nursing homes and rehab facilities where the folks were like sitting ducks. It was heartbreaking. Fortunately, most of them pulled through.

At any rate, it's not the Governors' fault that PPE couldn't be found for love or money.

I don't see investigations starting in the Republican led states that managed to have skyrocketing cases generally, like Texas. Yes, it smells like politics to me.

Back
Top Bottom