• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Well, this is interesting. Newly leaked January 6th video of Ray Epps...

Epps was just another supporter of TFG ...... yawn

Pro-Trump protester Ray Epps told Jan. 6 committee 'crazy' conspiracy theories tore apart his life

Far-right members of Congress have suggested that the Trump supporter was actually a federal plant. Epps said the attack made him "ill."

WASHINGTON — An Arizona man who became the target of online conspiracy theories after he joined protesters outside the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, told a House committee that he wasn't secretly working for the government during the attack and that the campaign against him has torn his life apart.

Epps told the Jan. 6 committee that the wasn't working for the CIA or the National Security Agency or the Washington Metropolitan Police Department.

“The only time I’ve been involved with the government was when I was a Marine in the United States Marine Corps," Epps said.

The theory that Epps was working for the FBI never made much sense, given that his image landed on an FBI poster immediately after the attack.

Epps, who was a supporter of former President Donald Trump, said in the interview released Thursday that his grandchildren were being "picked on at school" because of his actions. He has gotten death threats. His business dropped. People have shown up at his house.

"We had a tour bus come by our home and our business with all these whacked out people in it," Epps said. "There are good people out there that was in Washington. Those aren't the people that's coming by our house. This attracts — when they do this sort of thing, this attracts all the crazies out there."

Epps was seen on video telling other Trump supporters the night before the attack that they needed to go into the Capitol. Epps told the committee that he was under the impression that the building, which was closed to the general public because of Covid restrictions, would be open.

"The Capitol is the people's house and the rotunda — people can go into the rotunda and — and see what's happening there. My vision was, get as many people in there as we can and surround it, be there, let them know that we're not happy with the — with what — what has happened, and that was it. No violence," Epps said. "I never intended to break the law. It's not in my DNA. I've never — I'm sure you've looked up my record. I don't break the law."

Epps' view of whether he could go into the building, he said, changed on Jan. 6. Body camera video shows Epps asking law enforcement officers how he can assist them, offering to help move rioters back from the police line and away from the steps. He turns toward members of the crowd and tries to get them to calm down. Another rioter, one of the first to breach the barricades, also told authorities that Epps told him to “relax“ and that police were just doing their job.

Video:

The lack of interest of Ray Epps from the left is a tell all.
Why would the "left" care about a Trump supporter? Not even sure why anyone at all cares about the guy. As a Trump supporter, are you mad that another Trump supporter isn't in prison? If that is the case, then you should be OK with the other ones from J6 who are charged and others who are in jail, right?

This is all so confusing.

I would be interested in any details of anyone of the thousands involved in the events of the 6th charged just with trespassing.
I don't think that person exists. Tracking down and arresting a couple thousand trespassers would be gross mismanagement of department resources. No sane DoJ would attempt this. The levels of criminality have been fairly delineated, with Epps being on the lowest rung of the prosecution ladder. I'm sure there are many who entered the Capitol and haven't been charged, either. No reason to charge Epps or the others who remained outside and weren't violent.

I don't think that person exists. Tracking down and arresting a couple thousand trespassers would be gross mismanagement of department resources. No sane DoJ would attempt this. The levels of criminality have been fairly delineated, with Epps being on the lowest rung of the prosecution ladder. I'm sure there are many who entered the Capitol and haven't been charged, either. No reason to charge Epps or the others who remained outside and weren't violent.
I wonder if any of those pushing these conspiracy theories feel the least bit bad about what this man and his family, especially his children, have gone through as a result of these unsubstantiated allegations and suppositions. All fun and games on a forum like this but this man has had his business seriously impacted and his life threatened, his children bullied and threatened in school.

--- "disproves what I said" ( not 'proved') --- You've been here in this 'debate' forum over 12 years, and you still haven't figured out it isn't up to anyone, regardless of political lean, to "disprove" that which has 'not' been proven? Get back with us if/when you learn basic debating protocol. Sound fair? ;)
You sure have a lot of words but absolutely no will to support your assertions. I posted the statute that applies and you said it disproves everything I said but you have yet to explain how it does that. Your entire argument is "I said it so it's true" and that's pure crap.

It doesn't fit the lefty's political goals and push narrative. Go figure.
How does Ray Epps fit into anybody's political goals? Makes no sense, man. It's like a bumper sticker in the dark.

A weatherman in Alabama was arrested for stalking. I care much more about this than Ray Epps. Can I post a real news report in the CT forum? :LOL:

In a politically driven criminal justice system isn't it the norm that there's punishment for some and none for others, based on political affiliations and the political interests, and political goals of the party that controls the criminal justice system?
Have you ever read my signature 😁

You sure have a lot of words but absolutely no will to support your assertions. I posted the statute that applies and you said it disproves everything I said but you have yet to explain how it does that. Your entire argument is "I said it so it's true" and that's pure crap.
Time for you to "Do your damn job!" @Lutherf. Present the post# in which I posted the words you have in quotes that 'you' attributed to 'me.' ---> "I said it so it's true." <--- Good luck accomplishing that task. - lol -

I wonder if any of those pushing these conspiracy theories feel the least bit bad about what this man and his family, especially his children, have gone through as a result of these unsubstantiated allegations and suppositions. All fun and games on a forum like this but this man has had his business seriously impacted and his life threatened, his children bullied and threatened in school.
It's a little confusing. Did the death threats come from Trump supporters or from people who hated the insurrectionists? By the comments in this thread, it looks like it would be Trump supporters. It can't be liberals, because according to the comments, liberals are protecting Epps. What exactly are the Trump supporters mad about? I don't get it. Makes not a lick of sense. From any direction. Lol. 🤪

I would be interested in any details of anyone of the thousands involved in the events of the 6th charged just with trespassing.

Most of the images/video of these "criminals" shows them either inside the building or attacking the authorities outside.

If they stayed peaceful and outside they are probably somewhat safe (for now).

You can read the various charges here by clicking on a suspects name.

Surely if anyone has information on Epps being inside or attacking the police they would report it though, right.

Because "people" are still working on it. ;)

Last edited:
It's a little confusing. Did the death threats come from Trump supporters or from people who hated the insurrectionists? By the comments in this thread, it looks like it would be Trump supporters. It can't be liberals, because according to the comments, liberals are protecting Epps. What exactly are the Trump supporters mad about? I don't get it. Makes not a lick of sense. From any direction. Lol. 🤪
It's because they have bought the theory he was a FBI plant there to deliberately agitate the little darlings there for a peaceful protest and got them in all that trouble

Have you ever read my signature 😁
When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it.

The truth is the opposite. Plunder began as a legal and moral system. Remained that way for most of history. The world has gotten better, not worse.

Sad to say that it sure seems like the US has reached the point described in your sig.
Our founding fathers designed mechanisms into the system to stop it. It's sad that nit enough voters are exercising their power to put an end to it.

It's because they have bought the theory he was a FBI plant there to deliberately agitate the little darlings there for a peaceful protest and got them in all that trouble
Yeah, I get that, but it's hard to wrap my head around blaming 1/6 on Ray Epps. I mean, ya gotta be loopy.

So, they're threatening his life because they think he got away with...starting the insurrection? Lol. Nah. Like I said. Makes no sense from any direction.

So a Trump supporter helped a bunch of maniacs in Trump hats waving Trump flags breach the capitol immediately after they all attended a speech by Trump demanding they take the country back?

Our founding fathers designed mechanisms into the system to stop it. It's sad that nit enough voters are exercising their power to put an end to it.
Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal, and Ray Epps.

Agreed.
Voting has descended and denigrated into 'Orange Man Bad!' political push narratives which the complicit political propaganda media mindlessly parrot.
The US Democracy is in serious trouble here, and doesn't seem like it's going to survive the onslaught from the left.

Agreed.
Voting has descended and denigrated into 'Orange Man Bad!' political push narratives which the complicit political propaganda media mindlessly parrot.
The US Democracy is in serious trouble here, and doesn't seem like it's going to survive the onslaught from the left.
Nobody outside of your cult is buying this. In fact, the world laughs at you.

Agreed.
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America. Orange man bad.

When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it.

The truth is the opposite. Plunder began as a legal and moral system. Remained that way for most of history. The world has gotten better, not worse.
Knowing your political leanings it does not surprise me that is your viewpoint. It seems many Progressives if not most see the gov as a force for good and they have little concern for keeping that force of authority over people limited. They seem to think bending the individuals will into conformity is a positive thing.

I think for me that is where me and the diverge. It's not so much about their ideals as much as it is about how they go about trying to obtain those goals.

Yeah, that's what I think about. Like Seth Rich, but at least Seth Rich was a hated Dem. They are doing this to one of their own.

When I'm thinking naughtily, I wish all of them would get to experience this... having their own tribesmen turn on them. It's got to have opened this guy's eyes a bit, to the primitive nature of his own group.

The conspiratorial mind, almost by definition, is a confused place.

But they did just that in 2020, didn't they?

Back
Top Bottom