• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Well the false flag has begun

I think it's time for you to enlist and show some genuine resolve against all those GoPutins. ;)

The Army needs a few good men.
That’s the Marines. Damn, man.

What is the 'if accurate' you mention? If Russia's making the claims is accurate? Or if the acts they allege are accurate? I don't think there's much 'if accurate' involved. It seems clearly to be the pretenses the US has been saying they'd do.
The bolded. I don't put much stock in what Russia claims, but there's always some benefit of the doubt I allow.

The bolded. I don't put much stock in what Russia claims, but there's always some benefit of the doubt I allow.
Today Putin said what he really wants, Ukraine as part of Russia. That is what this is all about. his troops, the peacekeepers, will push West into land occupied by the Ukraine government and say they are taking back land belonging to the new countries he has made. Then he will continue on until he has taken the whole country.

I have no idea what specifics context the OP is referring to, but for those of you who are interested, Putin has just ordered troops to the separatist regions to act as "peacekeepers".

Sorry but that might just be the dumbest statement about war I have ever heard 😆
I'm sorry that your education was deficient. Hopefully, you can learn to cope without the advantages others may have.

"short leash" and "let loose" are mutually contradictory stances to hold.
They are not contradictory or mutually exclusive. You will note that there was an exception made to the short leash comment.

Trump did not prefer "diplomacy", he preferred unilateral action. His sole major diplomatic overture towards North Korea ended up accomplishing nothing.
Now you are being contradictory. Unilateral action to produce an advantageous agreement is exactly diplomacy.

You said you mean, whether it's accurate that Russia made the claims, but your comments suggest you meant whether the claims are accurate.

They are not contradictory or mutually exclusive. You will note that there was an exception made to the short leash comment.

The "exception" was the "norm".

Now you are being contradictory. Unilateral action to produce an advantageous agreement is exactly diplomacy.

Diplomacy requires two parties. Unilateral action does not, hence the "uni" in "unilateral".

The "exception" was the "norm".
Unfortunately, you aren't joking. It should be sufficient to say that you need to check more closely but I doubt it would work. Pity.

I can lead you to facts but I cannot make you think.

Diplomacy requires two parties. Unilateral action does not, hence the "uni" in "unilateral".
We had two parties and shows of strength/resolve are part of the process. Ultimately, it was a successful process based on the accomplishments.

First you would need to have facts.

We had two parties and shows of strength/resolve are part of the process. Ultimately, it was a successful process based on the accomplishments.

Trump's diplomacy did not see any significant success. Neither Russia, nor China, nor North Korea, nor Iran were cowed or curtailed in any capacity.

Speaking on CNN, Secretary Blinken said "everything we are seeing suggests that this is dead serious" and that "we are on the brink of an invasion".

"Until the tanks are actually rolling, and the planes are flying, we will use every opportunity and every minute we have to see if diplomacy can still dissuade President Putin from carrying this forward," he added.

But Ukraine's Defence Minister Oleksii Reznikov said an attack "tomorrow or the day after tomorrow" was unlikely as no Russian "strike groups" had yet formed near the border.

His comments came as unverified reports in the US media suggested Washington believed an attack could be launched imminently.

CBS News reported the US had intelligence that Russian commanders on the ground had received orders to proceed with an invasion and were now making specific battle plans on how to attack.
The report said an invasion would begin with a cyber-assault followed by a campaign of missile and airstrikes, before ground units attempted to take the capital Kyiv.

And an unnamed intelligence official told CNN close to 75% of Russia's conventional forces were now poised at the Ukrainian border. The concentration of Russian forces within striking distance of Ukraine was highly unusual, the source said.

Again Ukraine's Defence Minister Oleksii Reznikov said an attack "tomorrow or the day after tomorrow" was unlikely as no Russian "strike groups" had yet formed near the border.

In other developments:

Diplomacy fails against a person who is determined to use force to gain his objective. The only thing they understand is a stronger force. Putin understands that the Europeans don't have the stomach for war and Biden doesn't have the guts to lead. Joe Biden is so glad that Ukraine is not a NATO member, because he would have to put up or shut up. He did very little to discourage Putin. Putin didn't care about diplomacy, he just wanted to see what Biden would do, he knows now. Nothing.
Bidne mishandled Afghanistan, now Ukraine. He is a poor leader.

First you would need to have facts.
I pointed you in the right direction. Go get them. You are sorely in need of practice at digging for your own facts.

Trump's diplomacy did not see any significant success. Neither Russia, nor China, nor North Korea, nor Iran were cowed or curtailed in any capacity.
This is cult dogma but it's bullshit.

Trump was very successful in negotiating agreements, both trade and otherwise. The long list of trade agreements you may peruse at leisure. The Abrahamic Accords are a landmark. Isolating Iran, revealing China's history of aggression, improving relations with both Israel and Saudi Arabia, getting Kim Jung Un out of hiding, etc. It's a history of success. Only haters and those in a fact-free zone try to deny it.

No you didn't. You made a foolish claim you cannot back up.

No he wasn't. His biggest effort ended in complete failure.

Began before Trump took office.

The reality is that Trump was the best foreign policy President since Reagan and it is not close.

The reality is that Trump was the best foreign policy President since Reagan and it is not close.
I get it; a Trump fan has to lie to pretend like his Presidency wasn't a disaster.

In reality Trump cannot claim credit for any real foreign policy successes, which is why Russia, China, Iran and North Korea were not curtailed by his efforts.

You start with a false statement. Not only do you not get it, but you also don't get that there was a point flying over your head.

a Trump fan has to lie to pretend like his Presidency wasn't a disaster.
This is factually inaccurate. I am not a Trump fan though I like his work. The guy is an asshole.

Saying that his Presidency was a disaster is one of the most uninformed statements in a thread full of uninformed statements. I challenge you to defend the statement without a reference to things Trump said.

In reality Trump cannot claim credit for any real foreign policy successes, which is why Russia, China, Iran and North Korea were not curtailed by his efforts.
This not just wrong, it's 180° backward.

Since you clearly have a fact allergy, I gift you the last word. Tell the rest of the cult to drink up.

You start with a false statement. Not only do you not get it, but you also don't get that there was a point flying over your head.

Yawn.

Saying that his Presidency was a disaster is one of the most uninformed statements in a thread full of uninformed statements. I challenge you to defend the statement without a reference to things Trump said.

COVID-19, the Iran Deal, giving Kim Jong-Un the limelight while accomplishing nothing in negotiations.

Since you clearly have a fact allergy, I gift you the last word. Tell the rest of the cult to drink up.

Notice how Jay59 can't actually bring up anything to counter this, so he just flees instead.

This is factually inaccurate. I am not a Trump fan though I like his work. The guy is an asshole.

I love how those who are a Trumpster now say something negative about Trump but say how they liked his policies or what he did as president. Seeing Trump had no ral policies beyond tax cuts for the wealthy and trying to make himself richere and even failing that, I do not understand what policies they like. And he put a growing economy into the crapper with his actions as well as almost ruined our countries relationships with our allie. Oh, I forgot his failed trading war that just about killed our farmers.

I know at least one poster who made a thread that they thought an invasion was unlikely. Of course with hindsight, we might find many who forget that, though I think the poster I have in mind is honest and will admit that. Unfortunately, I don't doubt many Republican propagandists are looking right now how to turn it into attacks on Biden.
My observation is that most Republicans have a very difficult time admitting their mistakes.

Back
Top Bottom