• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Well, That Was Fast

You are for Hillary. You are a RINO. You are politically inept.

And you are not the sharpest poster in the drawer. Clue to the clueless (that is you slick):
I am no fan of Hillary.
I an not a Republican.
I am an Independent which requires being far more adept at politics that someone such as yourself which let others do their thinking for them.
The difference between us is I support what is best for The United States of America, while you support what is best for your Party, the same Party that for the most part detest your hero as not being an actual conservative.

How can that be? Isn't Trump a moderate liberal? He talks like one.

Yet he claims to be a conservative, I wonder what is wrong with that picture.

No sooner does the race narrow down to two candidates than Trump closes the gap and even pulls ahead of Clinton in some states.

Reuter's rolling average: Hillary 41.3%, Trump 40%.

Close or leading in battleground states.

Never have so many pundits and opinionators been so full of crap.

Those who predicted that Trump would fade and fail early in the primary season: full of crap.

Those who have predicted multiple times that this or that misstep or gaffe would end his campaign: full of crap.

Those who said that any day now the voters were going to see through Trump: full of crap.

Those who said that the gender gap would hurt Trump: full of crap. (The gender gap is hurting Clinton more than Trump. For every woman who hates Trump there are two men who hate Clinton.)

Those who confidently predicted that Clinton would beat Trump in the national election: perhaps just as full of crap.

And then there are those of us who have supported Trump since day one and said pretty much the exact same thing you're saying now at every juncture along the way.

Welcome aboard the:

Capture.JPG

Yet he claims to be a conservative, I wonder what is wrong with that picture.

I have no idea. What is right about the picture is not his political ideas. It is his willingness to take on he political establishment. If he continues doing that, he will get elected. If he caves to the establishment he will lose his value in the eyes of voters.

Most people making the prediction that Trump would not get the nomination did not take into account how stupid some Republicans truly are and figured that the real Conservatives would find a way to get a Conservative nomination, I was one of those. Unfortunately the GOP did not know how to react and Cruz was simply not well liked enough to make the difference so now the GOP is stuck with the bed they themselves made. The convention should be interesting, especially when one notes who does Not attend or give their support to the candidate. IF trump were to be elected he can count on fighting not only Dems in Congress but also opposition within his own Party, he would end up being a total failure working with Congress and his ideas are already known to be complete nonsense so we would end up with another do nothing know nothing President. I guess some do not care unless about the Nation but what Party initials are behind the name, how sad.

As for suggesting that those that believe the American People would be smart enough to not elect the donald and claiming that they may be full of crap, I would say that such a statement points to who here has their own agenda and to the fact that being a trump supporter already affirms that one is automatically an expert in being full of crap.

Another set of predictions and pronouncements that will, no doubt, prove to be wrong.

It was the democratic party that turned its back on the white working class voter and created the Trump monster. Those people are traditionally Democrat. W. Virginia went for the Democrat in every country in the last election, now they are all voting for the Republican.

Clinton and then Obama embraced neoliberalism and free trade, and the working class has suffered as a result. The Democratic party is positively hostile to working class whites these days, and so where to those voters go? To Trump, of course.

"I'm going to put a lot of coal miners out of work," said Hillary, or words to that effect. My God. Hillary channels her stone cold anti-human environmentalism. Nobody will ever believe she didn't mean that.

Trump voters swelled the numbers of Republican primary voters past anything we've ever seen before. Traditional Republicans were just swamped by this influx. Even though the traditional Republicans were a majority their vote was split up among 16 different candidates and so Trump won in the primaries.

As to Trump failing to get anything done through Congress, I'll just chalk that up as yet another prediction that will probably turn out to be wrong. Not that I haven't made the same prediction myself, because I have. I'm just getting used to always being wrong about Trump.

I have no idea. What is right about the picture is not his political ideas. It is his willingness to take on he political establishment. If he continues doing that, he will get elected. If he caves to the establishment he will lose his value in the eyes of voters.

So now that he is now back peddling on some of his ideas does that change your POV? I bet it will not change a thing.

Another set of predictions and pronouncements that will, no doubt, prove to be wrong.

It was the democratic party that turned its back on the white working class voter and created the Trump monster. Those people are traditionally Democrat. W. Virginia went for the Democrat in every country in the last election, now they are all voting for the Republican.

Clinton and then Obama embraced neoliberalism and free trade, and the working class has suffered as a result. The Democratic party is positively hostile to working class whites these days, and so where to those voters go? To Trump, of course.

"I'm going to put a lot of coal miners out of work," said Hillary, or words to that effect. My God. Hillary channels her stone cold anti-human environmentalism. Nobody will ever believe she didn't mean that.

Trump voters swelled the numbers of Republican primary voters past anything we've ever seen before. Traditional Republicans were just swamped by this influx. Even though the traditional Republicans were a majority their vote was split up among 16 different candidates and so Trump won in the primaries.

As to Trump failing to get anything done through Congress, I'll just chalk that up as yet another prediction that will probably turn out to be wrong. Not that I haven't made the same prediction myself, because I have. I'm just getting used to always being wrong about Trump.
ROTFLMAO![/I] Cannot wait to here the conspiracy excuses after the Pretender loses, have already heard a couple but I am willing to wait for the really entertaining ones after he loses. For The Future of this Nation, we better hope trump loses, we are scr*wed either way but trump would take to a new low we have yet to see and I doubt the Nation would survive him.

And then there are those of us who have supported Trump since day one and said pretty much the exact same thing you're saying now at every juncture along the way.

Welcome aboard the:

View attachment 67201265

Not so fast. I haven't changed my opinion of Trump. I'm just giving credit where credit is due, and raining scorn down on those who deserve it as well. Which includes myself, actually. I trusted that the pundits knew more or less what they were talking about. Never, never will I make that assumption again.

But, as others have said, Trump is so far outside our experience who could have known?

Scott Adams knew. He knew Trump would win the primary, and he predicts Trump will win by a landslide in November. Adams makes this prediction by taking Trump for what he is -- a master salesman.

Think about it: no sooner than Clinton puts together ads criticizing Trump for wanting to cut taxes Trump neutralizes that attack by announcing he's open to a tax increase. Maybe Trump knows exactly what he's doing. I think that's even more frightening -- it's all tactics unanchored by any sense of principle.

ROTFLMAO![/I] Cannot wait to here the conspiracy excuses after the Pretender loses, have already heard a couple but I am willing to wait for the really entertaining ones after he loses. For The Future of this Nation, we better hope trump loses, we are scr*wed either way but trump would take to a new low we have yet to see and I doubt the Nation would survive him.

Your confidence appears to have no visible means of support. I'm swearing off certainty about election outcomes for the duration.

The nation has seen worse than Trump or Hillary. This too shall pass.

Your confidence appears to have no visible means of support. I'm swearing off certainty about election outcomes for the duration.

The nation has seen worse than Trump or Hillary. This too shall pass.

I still have some confidence, not a lot, in the American People.

I do not share your optimism.

So now that he is now back peddling on some of his ideas does that change your POV? I bet it will not change a thing.

We'll see. His appeal is as an anti-establishment candidate. The establishment will try to convert him. He needs to convert them or leave them in the dust.

We'll see. His appeal is as an anti-establishment candidate. The establishment will try to convert him. He needs to convert them or leave them in the dust.

The funny thing is that anyone can refer to a Billionaire as not being part of the establishment, and do so with a straight face and not break out laughing hysterically.

The funny thing is that anyone can refer to a Billionaire as not being part of the establishment, and do so with a straight face and not break out laughing hysterically.

Why is that? Why do you think billionaires are any different than anyone else? They put their pants on the same way you do. They just have more money in their bank account. That has nothing to do with the political establishment.

Why is that? Why do you think billionaires are any different than anyone else? They put their pants on the same way you do. They just have more money in their bank account. That has nothing to do with the political establishment.

Maybe you should rethink that nonsense, while you are at it look into his background and see who he was hobnobbing with. Good grief, the donald is not one of us, you cannot be that naïve, can you?

Maybe you should rethink that nonsense, while you are at it look into his background and see who he was hobnobbing with. Good grief, the donald is not one of us, you cannot be that naïve, can you?

Nonsense? Go debate someone else. I don't need the insults.

It was the democratic party that turned its back on the white working class voter and created the Trump monster..

I love how you so called 'self responsibility' Republicans always blame someone else for your F'ups.. LOL Trump is a REPUBLICAN running in the REPUBLICAN primaries. That 'monster' is all on you and your fellow Republicans.

And you trying to blame just the Dems for 'free trade' that has hurt the MC absolutely proves you have NO credibility. None.

I love how you so called 'self responsibility' Republicans always blame someone else for your F'ups.. LOL Trump is a REPUBLICAN running in the REPUBLICAN primaries. That 'monster' is all on you and your fellow Republicans.

And you trying to blame just the Dems for 'free trade' that has hurt the MC absolutely proves you have NO credibility. None.

The names and labels have you all confused. Try thinking in terms of the ideas these people are promoting regardless of which party they're in or which label they wear.

Are you saying Bill Clinton didn't promote free trade? That Obama isn't supporting free trade? That they are Democrats means next to nothing, my friend.

West Virginia was Democrat. Now it's Republican. But the people there still want the same thing - jobs and a better economy. To say that they are all just racists is a sorry, sorry intellectually bankrupt piece of dishonesty. Hillary utterly rejected their concerns with her crack about putting coal workers out of work. You don't have to be a racist to be repelled by that.

The names and labels have you all confused. Try thinking in terms of the ideas these people are promoting regardless of which party they're in or which label they wear.

Are you saying Bill Clinton didn't promote free trade? That Obama isn't supporting free trade? That they are Democrats means next to nothing, my friend.

Yes Bill Clinton did promote free trade, and so did his REPUBLICAN Congress.

Heard an interview of 1 of the Wall Street Journal associate editors. He was asked if the WSJ was going to endorse Trump. He said he didn't know, and the biggest reason he didn't know? Free trade. The very conservative, Pro GOP publication the WSJ may refuse to endorse Trump because they, and the Republicans they back and endorse are very PRO Globalization and PRO FREE TRADE. While Trump is NOT. People like YOU are the reason for the Trump monster. Your constant rabid partisanship and blaming the Dems for EVERYTHING has let the GOP off the hook on many issues.

The GOP has lied to you Republicans about them wanting to stop illegal immigration for decades. But you believe their lies, and put 100% of the blame on the Dems. Same with 'free trade'. The GOP has done just as much, if not more to promote free trade and kill manufacturing jobs here. But because of your partisan blinders you refuse to see that.

Years ago if Republicans like you held the GOP feet to the fire on the immigration and free trade issue, maybe there wouldn't be a Trump today.

Trump is YOUR, and Republicans like you fault, and your monster. No one else's.

Back
Top Bottom